Closed Thread
Page 95 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spidery we're the same here -yesterday it was every 1.5 - 2hrs but last night went from 1930-0230 then next at 8am between feeds and he's 11wks.
    I was worried that Hilton doesn't know his limits as will keep drinking if we offer so I asked and Paediatrician said 'ok Jay, they aren't going to explode from eating too much, it's not like they have too much and they just pop- they'll just throw up the extra! But at Hiltons age he shod be having 150mls/kg for a 24hr period! '
    Which explains why he chucks when being burped and for a little after feeds he over eats !
    Last edited by Jay11; 09-08-2014 at 09:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we survived 24hr Gastrolite, 24hrs 1/2 strength formula, & are half way into the last 24hrs 3/4 strength before Hilton goes back to full strength again, but think he's just done his first poop since 1/2 strength so fingers crossed it's looking good haha! Hubby texted me after first 24hrs on Gastrolite asking 'are we feeding our son today' when I said yes poos looking normal so we can move to 1/2strength he replied ' cool as I wasn't keen on keeping that going' so lucky he was normal or I think my support was falling out from under me! Anyway yesterday I decided since he's seems much better since 24hr Gastrolite (cough nearly gone, not congested, and poos back to normal) it was time to work on his clingy habit & co sleeping. So after every feed yesterday I'd give put him in his chair till he pooped or finished chucking or showed tired signs then did nappy change and put him to bed in his pram which I put in the nursery then I'd walk away unless he screamed. First try he screamed so I picked him up cuddled until he looked sleepy then put him down swiftly - no wrapping or blanket - no fuss. Each time he lasted a little more until he slept for 10min straight and woke hungry so I fed and started again this time a little rocking and he slept for 30min so since he was awake not hungry I put him on play mat and walked away so he could have time playing without me hovering and he seemed to enjoy it when he had enough I moved him to the chair to watch fish then he got hungry and we started again but a longer sleep. We had him in our room last night but this morning before he woke I wheeled it into nursery so he woke in there! So far so good! This is my first step to transferring to cot! Oh to stop myself hovering to see if he was ok - I cleaned - dusted, polished, vacuumed and did laundry & paid bills most productive day in a long time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and what a poop it was OMGoodness he made sure he filled every nook & cranny plus excess up the side - still don't know how that happens when he's sitting :/ so keeping with new routine changed him the put him in his fish tank watching chair till he cried then picked him up as his eyes were closed while he cried settled him took him to nursery and put him in his bed - he started crying again but with a little rocking and a couple of shops he's he was asleep - now since hubby is still asleep and cleaning was done yesterday and his poop clothes are in the wash all I can do is relax & wait till my boys wake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ?? Question - does anyone else's bub go crosseyed when focusing on things sometimes eg during tummy time? It freaks me out! But he doesn't seem to be phased by it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jay yep Lennon does this too it's abit less frequent now he can see and focus more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KJ!

Btw if you haven't had your first flow since giving birth a little warning - it apparently can be twice as long, heavier and more cramps. Mine was pretty normal until last night it became very painful and my uterus felt tender. The pain was sharper then uterus contraction for those that breastfeed or experienced that pain. I even took some tablets for the pain, I was burping out of control as the pain really hurt. Ended up going to bed early with tears in my eyes and hubby got me some heatpacks as I googled to see if it was normal - another thing no one told me about! Apparently the second one can also be bad too as it's your body clearing out & getting back to normal oh & tearing up - good old hormones at there strongest AGAIN! Happy days!

On the up Hilton was 11wks on Friday!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1407637065.109159.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone!!! I've missed waaaaay to much for personals sorry. I'll try and go back later.

Dh is good, he had surgery 2 weeks ago and is recovering well. The waiting list was huge but once the consultant saw him he wanted it done right away (I could've kissed him, but he's not my type ). I didn't have to go back to work but I did have to increase back up to full pay so I go back in Feb instead of April now. We haven't had to dip into our savings yet. I was so stressed and unhappy for a while so thank you all for your kind words and support.

It's absolutely horrible having to look after Lex and Dh (and the dog). I don't stop all day as she had decided she doesn't need to sleep during the day now, wtf?! I'm so tired and run down and now I'm getting sick. 4-6 more weeks and he should be back at work and me my girl can go back to chilling out at home

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (14-08-2014),bedlover  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad you've got it sorted and op went well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    . Dup
    Last edited by hwaterhouse; 11-08-2014 at 11:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad you popped in Ngaiz as I have been wondering how things are going for you. It sounds so tiring! It's great you didn't have to wait long and I hope for a speedy recovery for DH (and you too with your sickness). Wishing you a trouble free few months once DH goes back to work so you can enjoy the time at home before heading back in Feb.

Jay thanks for the heads up. I haven't had my first AF yet. Hilton looks gorgeous in that pic. Love the colours in his little hoodie.