Closed Thread
Page 94 of 108 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok firstly no more DTD for me for a flow while.... If you get my drift .... DAMM! It's heavy too! So only DTD 3x in 9-10weeks

Car issue - I always put Hilton in capsule straight after fed/change before we need to leave so I'm not disturbing him before we go! It's normally fine except last 3 days but think it's just because he's not well, as he screamed through whole shopping trip stopped for 5min after bottle feed then woke crying so changed nappy & he falling to sleep until he heard another baby cry 5min later and he was off again! His poo was runny the next day then it was mucus by 4am the stringy at morning change, plus nappy rash- so called paediatrician but he wasn't in yet but was able to get GP appt too. GP thought nappy rash might be thrush burning skin & making him cry in pain from pain so we got urine sample which will take 3 days to get result. I also got huggies nappies 4-8kg as had gone up size the other day as he was getting leakage every poo fart in newborns & got Babylove & Woolies crawlers brand to try but didn't stop the blowouts so wasn't impressed with either then with rash wondered if the other brand were part of problem anyway GP also suggested to use Vaseline not nappy rash cream as vas puts a barrier between skin & whatever is causing rash - so with vas & huggies nappies again it's going already. His crying wasn't just in capsule though it was from 2nd morning feed to last feed - so hard to watch. Anyway the poo - paediatrician told us to put him on Gastrolite only for 24hrs then repeat if no change but if good next 24hr give half strength only then if no good back a step if good then 3/4 for 24, if good back to nor, no good go back one step. If after first & 2nd 24hrs of Gastrolite n/c then well have to switch formula to lactose free and gradually introduce strength.. Poor boy feels like he's on the 40hr famine right now as really hungry but was happy to see him sleep off some hunger last night as was expecting him to cry all night! Anyway nearly at the end of first 24 but still not there yet but not sure if I can handle putting him through another 24 as DH hates doing it and he's my strength!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mirror ours is a Brica Baby-in-sight musical firefly from Target but not sure if they still have them but also at BB & Toysrus attaches to headrest and has remote
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1407375896.321592.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh in addition the other weekend we successfully wheened Hilton off using the dummy to pacify him
    Last edited by Jay11; 07-08-2014 at 12:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    http://www.coffeeandcrumbs.net/blog/...sxfkqlrmgk2ie7

Thought I'd share. Saw this and could relate
    Wow too depressing to read it all! Definitely not my experience and all I could think although couldn't read it all was that I'm glad she didn't freak her friend out! I had everyone telling me the bad sides but I knew there would be tough moments but magical ones that made the bad bareable and that was even how I felt touching my baby through the sides of his humidicrib when all I wanted to do was hold him. But I knew how lucky we were to have him and that he was doing well compared to some of the other poor babies in the nursery around him! He was perfect and that is what makes me complete even when he screams as soon as he settles I look at him and I'm happy beyond as tears and all he's everything magical the best part of me & his dad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys just wondering Ryan has started sleeping longer at night but is eating like every 2 - 2.5 hours during the day. Did your LO's eat this frequently he 8 weeks old. Also he eats for about 20mins each feed as he starts to fall asleep and also when he feeds closer to 25mins he tends to vomit ?

Also to weigh in on the sex thing we have only done it once too in 8 weeks. At 3 am post feed. But most of the time not really feeding it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery that sounds perfectly normal to me for that age - usually 6-8 feeds in 24hrs so less at night means more during the day.
    Feeds will just keep getting quicker - I sometimes think there is no way she has had enough but happily lasts for 3+ hours! If I push it she will keep eating but tends to spew too! I guess she knows best - haha!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bedlover I try to push it to 2.5 hours but he usually starts grizzling at the 2 hour mark. Yeah I try to to let him eat too much too as he has wind problems and every time he tries to get rid of it he pushes so much he vomits. So I cannot put him down straight away I hold him for about 20 mins and try to burp him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you are doing brilliantly. Only a few more weeks and the wind will be less of a problem and things get much easier! X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you sound like you are doing well Spidery. It does get easier...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies some days are better then others some days I can't put him down for more then 10 mins as I put him down asleep and then he wakes up. But then there are more good days. Using infants friend or infacol to help. But it's all worth it when I get those smiles.