Closed Thread
Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glad I'm not the only one not performing her wifely duties on a regular basis!
    Ann the flashing musical mirror. I bought in melbourne from a baby shop called glenhuntly Baby Carriages, they have an online shop to though don't know if they sell car mirrors on it. We attached the mirror to the head rest.
    Funny how babies are so similar with the car capsule, mine also doesn't like being manhandled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep same here...bubs has screamed through many car trips. Yesterday I had to stop to get my cousin who was in the front to sit in the back. Other times it's feeding and comforting. Why oh why do they always fall asleep 5 mins before the end of the trip? And I don't have a capsule! We have the music mirror too! So good for seeing her face and sometimes (rarely) it distracts her from crying.

I don't feel like DTD either! Feel like I've lost my mojo. Is breastfeeding a factor with hormones? Plus living at my parents does NOT help! Not sure how to get in the mood...or if I even want to.

I've been referred to torrens house for sleep/settling issues too. The nurse I saw for day service has been keeping an eye on us for a few weeks now. Still a 20min catnapper! Some nights we get good sleeps. Last night we got a 49min block and two 4 hour block with a 2 hour waking/grumbling gap in the middle. Wind seems to be bothering her stil too! And I'm wartching what I eat. Have cut out onions, garlic, dairy, broccoli, beans, chocolate (a killer). Don't know what else to do?

Ok, better get back to my feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa sounds like you are doing the best you can. It must be so hard cutting out so many different types of foods. Anyway help is around the corner for you guys. Hopefully sleep school will sort bubs out.
    ok off with my ticking time bomb into the car again. Wish me luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa I feel for you really. It must be so hard and exhausting. Also when parents are tired n frustrated wanting bubs to just sleep so that we can get some rest or work done that we tend to have less enjoyable time compared to a well rested bub n parents when we can actually sit down and play and enjoy. Hope sleep school works. I guess you must have tried many different things to see what works.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have gone post crazy! Ok so here goes, will do shorthand lingo as noone as time to read my long post! You already know first night ( day 0) I slept ( well cldnt really from the pain) no pain relief! Also I felt like pee trickling down my bum told nurses few times but they said catheter so not possible ( although one nurse did fiddle around with it at night ouch! ESP no pain relief !) they said its blood trickling. But I swear it was coming from above not from vagina!

Day 1 when I got up to go bathroom first time. According to dh lower back bum thigh area sheets were wet and it stank of pee as I marched off to toilet ( I cldnt tell as concentrating on the pain of getting up!). Also I had a prob throughout that night the nurses weren't happy my bag wasnt collecting enough urine so much so that they rang the OB twice they also upped the flow of drip machine was making loud ticking sound throughout the bloody night plus those pads that was running up n down my les just cldnt sleep n no pain relief! Looking back I think I was leaking pee that's why wet sheets n bag not filling. Also my back was sooo itchy it was soo difficult to itch it though cause cldnt really arch my back n always felt damp. Nurse said sweat n effects of anaesthesia but that itchiness shd have worn as the recovery nurse had said that it would later.

Encore day 1 ( later) typing on iph. Yep more to come....little did I know my My morning had just started.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann what a horrible first night! That would be so uncomfortable! I can't believe the terrible care you got.
    AFM we made it to our destination with what I would call bearable crying and V fell asleep 5 min before we got there. When we got back in the car she started again. I removed the side padding this morning and checked harnesses were not too tight. Tried to do the whole procedure with minimal fuss and man handling. She just hates the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh panda. Hang in there, it does get better and they do get used to the car as they get older. It won't be like this forever xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your encouragement...it will get better one day I'm sure. Today, however, Abi will barely let me put her down. 😁

Ann the beginning of day 1 sounds horrible!!! I can't imagine what is to come!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a mirror. We got it pretty early on and it made a big difference for Ellie to be able to see things. We had one with the lights and music but she is just as happy with the plain mirror in DHs car. They are sold at most baby shops plus target etc. They attach to the headrest and you tilt it at the right angle for viewing them. I love it. Thankfully Ellie enjoys the car fine and is patient with the manhandling.

Ann that is awful! Definitely sounds like something wasn't done right with the catheter.

Ellie too had lots of dribble and hands in her mouth but I've read this is just around this age. From the age of 3 months babies rarely have their hands out of their mouths if there is nothing else in there.

Sorry to hear about sleep and settling issues. I'm feeling very blessed having such a contented baby. Sleeps through the night, big day sleeps and is usually fairly calm if I have to sit her down while I do something when she's awake. Nothing I've done - just her nature at the moment! Hope those having a few difficulties will have them resolved soon.

I too have only DTD once in 14 weeks. Wasn't really the same but hope we get back into the swing of things soon...
    Last edited by hwaterhouse; 06-08-2014 at 18:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.coffeeandcrumbs.net/blog/...sxfkqlrmgk2ie7

Thought I'd share. Saw this and could relate

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ann17  (06-08-2014),bedlover  (07-08-2014),hwaterhouse  (06-08-2014),Team panda  (07-08-2014)