Closed Thread
Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jeannie they're so cute!
    spidery I put baby and my stuff together in a small suit case. I used a nappy bag for the things I would need if I were to go into labour. (Which I didn't need in the end as I had cs)
    Somebody (I think it was Arlais?) mentioned that they used womb music a few pages back to settle their baby into going to sleep. I tried it tonight and it seems to work. I just used it again now as V started to wake up and bang, she went straight back to sleep. Not sure if it's a good thing to use as a sleeping aid. What do people on here think ?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (20-05-2014),Spidery  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliant news on the arrival of your baby boy Nirok. Hope you manage to get some sleep. I was too wired the first night and crashed the second night. I have been trying to catch up on sleep ever since!

Wow ow those baby showers look fantastic! I cheated and we went out for a lunch - less work and easier geographically for everyone.

Panda I personally think you should use whatever works when putting babies to sleep. We recently bought a mobile for the cot/ bassinet that plays nursery rhymes and spins around and it is the best $25 bucks we have spent. We settle bubs till he is starting to fall asleep, put him down and turn on the mobile. He watches it for a minute and is then out like a light! It's awesome. I don't use the dummy half as much now either.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (20-05-2014),Team panda  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda- think I mentioned using the app.
    I agree with rtkirk. I think use whatever works and if it's helping baby feel comfortable then go for it. They're still so young and our girl particularly needs help settling. It's been helpful during those growth spurt/ fussy times (which is at the moment).

Anyone else been recommended the wonder weeks app/book? According to that we've hit our first "leap" and it's pretty accurate about what signs you might see from your baby. Will monitor and see if it continues to be accurate.
    I have found it helpful to know about the growth spurts and feeding frenzies along the way so am interested to see if this app about development works for my bub. It's nice to know that the crappy times are usually for a growth/developmental reason so that you don't beat yourself up for being I adequate.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (20-05-2014),Team panda  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lotsa and Rt kirk.
    At this point in time I think I will try whatever works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeannie those pics are gorgeous! Ryan is so cute. I remember celebrating the first day we had breakfast lunch and dinner at anything resembling normal times. I too feel like I am slowly returning to normal but I really want to drive again!

Appreciating the settling tips.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

jeannie1  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots - I downloaded the wonder weeks app with DS but ended up getting rid of it as I found it depressing to look at all the unsettled periods and how long they lasted for (I think it works out to be about half the first year). Plus from memory the app is a bit useless without buying the book as well.

Instead I just went with the flow that bubs would have good and bad periods and concentrated on getting a routine established. I follow the book Baby Bliss. It is written by an Aussie women, it is gentle and flexible (unlike Save our Sleep and Gina Ford), plus you can get home visits or phone consultations / seminars for help if you need it.

I think it all depends in what type of person you are and what works for you and bub. I have friends who swear by wonder weeks or Save our Sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our friends recommended BabyConnect as a useful app to get your own routines and it's really handy if hubby / partner or someone else is helping out (eg babysitter or MIL) as you can sync it between you both so you know when someone else has changed the nappy or done a feed.
    Probably even more handy with multiples!

It also allows you to put info into charts which might help if seeing GP or someone if having issues like sleep, feeding so you can see patterns etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one ladies.. Have any Bubs at 3 weeks become really tired and lethargic? Mia hasn't been herself and I rang the maternal Heath line and the nurse didn't seem concerned as Mia is still feeding, weeing, pooing, has no fever and is not pale in colour... Not sure if I'm overreacting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are 3 weeks today Jj and Lexi is more alert now. Had she just finished a growth spurt? She might be exhausted, being a bub and waited on hand and foot has gotta be hard work

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ - Remy is 3 weeks 6 days and has had days where she just eats and passes out repeatedly! These are what I call "good days"!! haha!

Being serious though, I wouldn't ignore your instincts so if she isn't better in a couple of days I would take her to the GP.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (20-05-2014)