Closed Thread
Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Riss how awful and stressful for you.blood in the stools would freak me out to. Hope you get to the bottom of it.
    Ann that's so funny you asked about the swaddling because I wanted to ask the same question tonight. I'm starting to think its time to drop the swaddling because V is breaking out of it. I'm reluctant to do so however, as it does help her sleep. I'm worried she will wake herself up with her arm movements if I leave them fully out. What ie everyone else doing?
    jay is the grobag like a sleeping bag?
    KJ sounds like my LO, she's a good sleeper at night but doesn't want to sleep during the day which makes it very hard to get things done during the day, let alone get onto BH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Have my paed appointment today so hopefully get some direction or answers.

As for swaddling we had the same issue with Raffael so we bought the love to dream swaddles and he can keep his hands up without getting cold. He hates when we have to swaddle him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have used the Love to Dream Swaddle Up with Ellie for quite a while now. She used to break out of our other swaddling and was very cold in the morning. I will keep using those until her startling reflex is gone - then use a more standard sleeping bag. She sleeps 8-10 hours each night and I don't use the swaddle for day sleeps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I say "swaddle" I am referring to the love to dream ones too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must be low-tech, our 'swaddles' are flannelette wraps haha. All Erin's body suits have the turnover cuffs and on really cold nights I put mittens on too. Doesn't help that she sux her whole hand now but she sleeps for about 10hrs every night, very peaceful & not much movement so even tho she flings her arms up around her head she stays covered by the wrap

Sent from my ZTE T83 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps pretty low tech here too! Just flannelette or blankies ( the hosp one is still doing a good job but getting small now ). She doesn't like it n breaks her arms out unless I do it nice n tight ( but then I feel sorry for her).

Hwaterhouse yep it does help with the startling reflex. I wld probably keep it going too. But must admit not all the time cause when she falls asleep I don't like to disturb her incase she wld wake up.

Riss wld love to hear what your paed says. My LO has had soft creamy pooh since Tue (she pooed 6 x!) with blood in stool. Today I took her to paed as it is not getting better. Apparantely she has got dysentery and temp lactose intolerant ( she does pooh after eating ). So I have to make her formula half strength for now plus giv her antibiotics 1.1 ml - dh is very skeptical as she is only 10 weeks. Blood uptil now was little n streaked and not necessarily a fussy baby until now. She ate and only pooed mostly blood this time and cried heaps. Iam guessing she might be stinging. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon.

One sick baby pooing blood, one dd with laryngitis (lost her voice completely dh has asked her to walk around with a pen n pad!) cough n flu, one ds with chronic headache, one mummy with awful back pain ;seeing Physio as I have pulled something so bad) and one very very tired daddy!

Also how do you guys manage to have your LO sleep so long at night ! Mine only does 3 hours ( started stretching it to 4.5 since this week) n wakes up to eat.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann sorry to hear about stool issues. Hope you get some resolution soon. And everyone else not well at the same time! Thinking of you all.

I have no idea how Ellie sleeps through! I didn't think she would as I breastfeed. So no tips here! She did it at 6 weeks and then just stayed with it. The first night I thought she'd died and my sheets were soaked with milk. Yuk! Now I love it. I've never slept so solidly and so long my whole working life. Makes the days easier to manage.

And here is Ellie in a hat my sister got from Nepal. Too cute!ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406116811.102402.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Amps  (24-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about all the sickness in your family Ann, it's such a sick time of the year. Here in Melbourne it's very cold and so many people are sick. I'm being very careful with bubs, really don't want her to catch anything yet. She's got lots of time for that. I didn't realise blood in stools signifies an intolerance to a food glad I know because I probably would think it was something really bad if I found it in Vs poop. I mean something more serious than an intolerance.
    Amps, with the wraps I worry that she will drag them over her face when she moves her arms, what sort of wrapping are you doing?
    Hwaterhouse can't believe how long Ellie sleeps for, I wonder when the startle reflex stops? How gorgeous is your little girl with that hat! It really suits her!
    ive got the love to dream swaddle in the small size but V cries every time I use it lately.
    Tonight I've used the ergo pouch swaddle but left her arms out so it's wrapped around the chest down, though don't know what the point of using it as a half swaddled really is,. Arms are out tonight, let's hope she doesn't wake herself up by the startle reflex.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Amps  (24-07-2014),hwaterhouse  (24-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No tips on the long night sleeps, baby girl just started 1 night and has kept going since.
    I have different size wraps but the main size I use is 1mx1.2m,I still place her arms in the fold but don't tuck each side in firmly anymore, I also just neaten the rest down her body and tuck blanket firmly over top in her cot as per safe sleeping. I did worry about her pulling the wrap over her face but she has always dragged it up to her face,she sleeps so soundly now that she doesn't move much. I must confess to holding her wraps over my face with at least 2 layers folded to see if I can breathe easily through them

Sent from my ZTE T83 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps ha ha yes I have put muslin wrap over my face to see whether I can breath through it too.
    Well V has just started stirring so DH picked her up and brought her to me for a feed. Must say though we don't leave her for long before picking her up. As she is in our room and He needs to sleep.Her hands are so so cold whilst I'm feeding her. I think I might swaddle her back in a wrap I'm not changing the nappy at every feed like I use to. She went to bed late last night so will leave it this time.
    Last edited by Team panda; 24-07-2014 at 03:00.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Amps  (24-07-2014)