Closed Thread
Page 79 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hwaterhouse you said you had a fast flow and Ellie was vomiting but you said you didn't express and it slowed down how long? Yesterday I expressed prior to each feed about 15-20mls Ryan had a good day hardly any vomiting. Today I didn't express and put him on the breast alternating each on each feed and but he has been vomiting at every feed a fair bit.
    Just wondering how you did it

cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Spidery. It did take quite a while. At least a week for my supply to adjust. Vomiting slowed down pretty quickly. The amount you are expressing isn't very much so might not cause any problems for you. I block fed - so fed from the same side for a four hour period (sometimes two feeds in a row). Also it may depend how long Ryan feeds for. If he only lasts a few mins he might really need you to express. Ellie fed for around 30-40 mins at that time so not switching helped a lot. She also didn't vomit every feed - just some of them. So Ryan's symptoms are a bit more severe. The ABA may be able to help with a strategy, but it sounds like expressing the small amount before each feed is working for you

Have you read the ABA articles on Lactose Overload and Oversupply?
    Last edited by hwaterhouse; 15-07-2014 at 07:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies... Just a quick one... Mia is really unsettled at the moment and it looks like I'm getting my period Did someone say this affected their milk supply or how Bubs slept? (Not happy my period is back 11 weeks after c section when I bleed on and off for the first 7 weeks..I was hoping to get a 6 month break cause I'm breastfeeding!!!!) ahhhhhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJTiger - did af show up or did you just get signs? A couple of times I thought I was getting af but nothing came in the end. By signs I mean mild crampy twinges & a little extra discharge. I now think maybe I have ovulated, which you can do without having af(bleeding). In a way I hope so, I hate af and the only reason I want it to start now is we want to try for a sibling........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jj it was me and I was going for at least another 6 months break from it. Af returned at 6 wks and in true form I still have a 21 day cycle. I noticed that a couple of days before af comes L is really fussy at the breast which apparently is due to hormones changing the flavour. While I have af she feeds and feeds and feeds and my boobs never seem 'full'. Then, for 2 days after af I'm engorged! Which results in an oversupply and I think the lactose upsets her little tummy and she has really watery, bubbly number 2s.

But like Amps, we can go again I guess, lol. Except, now that we are bf, Lex absolutely refuses a bottle so I think I might have trouble weaning.

Also, my wound is infected and it burst, gag! It's so gross, lucky I'm not too quesy. I have two little holes now and I'm worried about how long it will take to heal. I'm so pssed off about it, is been great for almost 3 months then this happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    6 week vaccinations for Stephie today. Not fun, but it needs to be done.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been having AF type feelings starting and it has been p1ssing me off as I feel it is all getting on top of me at the moment and AF is the last thing I need (although possibly contributing to why I feel it is getting on top of me!!!).

Just cramping and twinges etc. I got off with a full 6 months with DS and then a really long first few cycles. Was hoping for the same again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngaiz and Amps.. I've got all the symptoms, sore back, headache and spotting.. It's been going on for 2 days.. We'll see how we go today.. I noticed last night Mia was getting frustrated like there wasn't enough milk for her.. There is always something!!

Ngaiz that's terrible about your wound... Are you going back to the GP or are you already on antibiotics.. love that happy pic of your munchkin ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on ABs and changing the dressing twice a day. GP seemed very blasé about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope today went ok Cat