Closed Thread
Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa sounds like you had a great paed hopefully the losec works.

Hwaterhouse sorry to to hear you and Ellie are sick. Hope you both get better soon

Woe Ngaiz I wish Ryan would sleep like that he is lucky to sleep for 3 hour blocks during the night I'm up every 2.5 hours for feeds/changes/wind.

We are ok Ryan was 4weeks old on Tuesday and on Wednesday he was weighed and we are finally back and above his birth weight. However he has gone back to vomiting after feeding and his wind is not helping which keeps him unsettled and when I go to burp him he is vomiting very frustrating hope he settles down. It does not help I have a fast flow and a good supply if milk and I am expressing prior to feeds so he gets some hind milk and is not gorging on the fast flow and fore milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Annerley she is really really cute!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hwaterhouse - colds suck! We are in the same boat - I am just left with an annoying cough (which is so frustrating when trying to settle a baby to sleep!!!) but little miss seems to have a blocked nose.
    Any suggestions on what has worked for you?

FYI - since getting sick our feeding has become how you described - on, off, on, off etc. I think it is hard for them to breath while latched on so they have to keep coming up from air!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sure it was a fluke Spidery, I'm not expecting it to happen again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Spidery! Sorry to hear of your feeding troubles. Such a tricky situation. I too had a fast flow and good milk supply but didn't express as I didn't want to stimulate more milk production. It eventually settled down. Then I think Ellie got a little frustrated when it slowed as she got used to the fast flow. I did some block feeding too. Hope it settles down for you soon.

Bedlover a cold is so miserable. I know what you mean about settling. Ellie is getting a workout with her reflex going every cough sneeze or blow of the nose! She has a little cough but doesn't have a runny nose. She's always been a snorty baby so can't tell if she's blocked but feeds ok when in the mood. DH wants to try a vaporiser so is buying one today. I'll let you know how it goes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I just can't stop looking at her and taking photos if her, don't want to miss anything!

She has had a cold earlier is week as well, definitely the time of year for it. Her's was more of a blocked nose than anything too, Bedlover and she seems to be over the worst of it now. I bought some Fess spray with the aspirator. I called the health nurse and they also said to roll up a tissue (make it look like a spear) and use that to get out any blockage so we weren't using the aspirator all the time. As you could imagine, bub hates it but it has definitely helped. We also got some Euky bear rub but I've been putting a bit on her wrap and not on her skin since she's so young. I've also been rubbing some on my chest so she breathes it in whilst feeding. Besides that, we've just decided not to go out in the cold as much, been rugging her up for feeds, whereas originally I was told not to so she would stay awake to feed, also been using the air con more. Good luck,I hope your little one is better soon, it's horrible hearing them swallow mucus in the back of their throat and struggling to breathe through their noses.

Hwaterhouse- you are right, nothing you can do, if mummy gets sick then bub is bound to get it unfortunately. Hopefully she keeps on her good sleeping patterns, M is a good sleeper too but hasn't slept for that long at once though, I keep thinking she don't be long away from sleeping through as we get anywhere up to 5.5hrs overnight. She is also similar when she feeds, pulls off and gets distracted and has a look around, another reason why we all joke that she is a little sticky beak, she seems to be feeding a lot better now that her nose is getting better though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also has anyone's bub's eyes changed colour yet? The obs said most babies are born with dark eyes and they will usually change to their real eye colour with 3-4months. With the pics I posted on the previous page on this thread, the first pic was taken at 12days old and the second pic was taken the other day at 19days old. She was born with her daddy's brown eyes but I tend to think they are changing to my blue eyes, I think I can see a bit of a difference in their colour between those two photos as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips Annerley re how you managed the cold. Will keep it in mind. I can really see the difference in eye colour between the two! Ellie was born with deep blue eyes. They haven't started changing yet but I heard it can take up to 12 mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    I saw this and thought of Jay!!Attachment 57359
    Bahaha perfect! But he loves swimming with the fish

Sorry for our absentee! So we realised my breast milk seemed to be the root of all evil and when I stopped giving him it he was fine gave him some unsettled screaming and pain tried it again and same result ... So at 6weeks stopped the breast milk so much happier!

Gorgeous bub pics!

Had a full house here the last few days with my sister, BIL, 4 x neice's and great Neice visiting Mon - Wed. Plus Hilton had his vacs so ran a fever all night Mon on top of the cold we both had it was an exhausting night. Tues also had his Osteo appt plus my Physio and Wed I had my Osteo appt. Luckily my gorgeous husband took Tues and Wed off so that was fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley- great idea about using the rub while bfing! I got the fess spray and aspirator and they are great, as long as Elliot is in the right frame of mind we've only been snuffly thank goodness- how do they feed with a blocked nose?!!! Love the pics I've heard that the eye colour can change over the first year, but some change up to 3 years. Elliot's eyes are dark gray but lightening a little. I have brown (I have the recessive blue gene though) and DH has blue so 50/50 chance either way. I've read that melanin (which colours the eye) develops as eyes are exposed to more light.