Closed Thread
Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I saw this and thought of Jay!!ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404440864.918613.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (04-07-2014),hwaterhouse  (04-07-2014),JJTiger  (04-07-2014),Ngaiz  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    image.jpgHi I'm still here too. Been very busy doing this mothering thing! Ive just read the last 8 pages or so. I know a lot of you are doing it tough but it won't last forever. My little one was very unsettled for the first8weeks, she wouldn't sleep during the day and cried a lot. I was beside myself. Nothing seemed to work. She will be 11 weeks on Monday, and I really noticed a big turn around at 9 weeks. She is now sleeping during the day, some days better than others, but what I'm really noticing is she isn't fighting it as much. Sometimes she will go down quite happily and even giggle and smile at me in her cot whilst I'm trying not to maintain eye contact, lol. I feel like she understands what's going on now and is not so frustrated. I'll do the settling techniques of swaddling and patting and it's finally working! Obviously things are not perfect but a bit better. Some days I'm still feeding 2 hourly, also she regurgitates a lot! Often all over me. I stayed with my parents for 4 days and getting that extra support was great. Knowing that mum was there to help when she was unsettled just took a lot of stress away from me. Ngaiz I have a safe n sound baby sling and what I've noticed is that V only likes it when my husband is carrying her in it, whenever I use it she cries! One of the girls at mothers group has the ergo and she uses it all day every day as it's the only way she can get her baby to sleep. Anyway I'm finally really enjoying my baby in a different way to how it was in the beginning.
    Last edited by Team panda; 04-07-2014 at 12:52.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (04-07-2014),Jay11  (11-07-2014),lotsathoughts  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover I told my MCHN and she said wind issues are usually the worst around 8-9 weeks.. I'm giving it a day or so and if it's still the same I'll take her to the doc.. She's fine during the day, it's just at night

Panda, thanks it gives me hope. Mia is still feeding every 2 hours during the day. Luckily at night she sleeps between 4-7 hours.. Gorgeous Bubs you have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JJTiger View Post
    Bedlover I told my MCHN and she said wind issues are usually the worst around 8-9 weeks.. I'm giving it a day or so and if it's still the same I'll take her to the doc.. She's fine during the day, it's just at night

Panda, thanks it gives me hope. Mia is still feeding every 2 hours during the day. Luckily at night she sleeps between 4-7 hours.. Gorgeous Bubs you have
    Thanks JJ.
    im loving all the baby pics too.
    one more from me.
    Attached Images

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (11-07-2014),lotsathoughts  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can't believe how quickly she's growing and changing.

Sent from my ZTE T28 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving all these gorgeous babies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, loving the baby pics!!!

I'm actually really desperate for some advice... I'm not sure who I'm supposed to go to and I'd love to be pointed in the right direction...

I'm having some bfing issues, and it has just gotten really bad this afternoon (on a Friday of course!!). I had really bad damage in one nipple from a nurse misusing a pump on me 2 + weeks ago, the tip has been bright pink ever since. When I came home from the hospital I started to get stabbing nipple pain whenever my nipple puckered-figured it was a combo of the damage and the cold. Seemed to get better and only occasionally happened. Anyway, last few days pain has come back with a vengeance- seems linked to letdown, and I just have to hear a baby cry and it will set it off. Thought it was from further damage as Elliot has started to thrash around when feeding, both nipples are now bright pink and can see bruising on the ends. Pain is like glass in breasts and nipples. Now I'm wondering if I have it the wrong way around... Scared that maybe it is thrush. Maybe giving Elliot a bad tummy as cannot see any signs in mouth. Mach nurse has already checked Elliot for it (not me) and told me to just treat like vasospasm, gave me a pamphlet. Right now I'm thinking I might need to see someone else to get some help. It's excruciating. What should I do? Call hospital maternity ward? Stupid weekend!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Berra
    im not the expert on nipple pain but if it was me I'd start by calling thematernal and child health line 132229. This is a Victorian service but I'm sure all states would offer it. If your not Victorian I. Sure you can still call that number.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Berra I feel your pain! My left nipple feels the same and I was thinking thrush as well but I think it's my latching on and his chomping down. Have you seen a LC? Maybe they can help.
    I'm stressing about Raffael's feeding. He is two weeks old and his jaundice is almost gone but he is still so slow on the breast and his suck swallow reflex is lazy. I went to my local council LC who wasn't too happy with the way he was feeding and wants to see him on Wednesday I stupidly questioned what could be concerning about a sleepy eater and she mentioned something about neurological development. She told me not to worry but as if I can't. I booked to see his pediatrician on Monday for peace of mind. Bloody LC!

On a more positive note my bubba is 2 weeks old today! He was weighed yesterday and put on 240gm in 6 days ! Love him to bits and here is his milk drunk face
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404466514.701135.jpg

I love all the bubba pics!! So cute

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Riss I tried to call 3 LCs that were listed for canberra- all have over a 3 week wait. one mentioned I could see a nurse and they could take notes for the LC who could review later but I'm kind of freaking out about it now.

Love the milk drunk face we say the same thing about our little boy after a feed. Elliot is 3 weeks today and starting to make lots of eye contact and cutesy faces- seems to really love getting kisses and sometimes gets the smiles workingImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404467032.060474.jpg

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (11-07-2014)