Closed Thread
Page 67 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving the baby pics Hampton and Jay your little boys are gorgeous!

Ngaiz that's such a lovely surprise from your sister.. I'm so sorry to hear of her news though

Jay and lots sorry to hear about the reflux.. We're Bubs just bringing up their milk or is it cause of wind?

Jay you are doing the best you can and like the other ladies said as long as Bubs is fed, it doesn't matter how..

Ngaiz I don't think Mia latches on perfectly either but it works for us too..

Riss I always found it latching on hurt at the start especially my right side. I just kept using Lansinoh on my nipples and now at almost 9 weeks it doesn't hurt anymore.. I think it got better at around 7-8 weeks... Unfortunately it can take time but it does get better..

The first 5 or so weeks are tough with breastfeeding.. I hear you ladies.. Just hang in there and remember you are doing your best for Bubs.. Whether topping up with formula or expressing doesn't matter.. You just do what you need to do xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a question ladies...

I want to express some milk tomorrow and Tuesday and keep it in the fridge. I'm going out on Wednesday and want to take it with me, how long would it be good for outside the fridge? I plan on putting it in a thermo bag but not using ice as I won't have anywhere to heat the milk so just wondering that seeing as though the weather isn't hot, would I get away with having it out for say 2hrs? It should be close to room temp by then but not sure if the milk will keep. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Annerley, the me at the hospital told me 3 hrs at room temp.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I've heard up to 4 hours room temp tops..2 hours will be fine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls... I had a brilliant lactation consultant come to my house yesterday for 3 hours and I was able to breastfeed with no pain with her and she was able to answer all my questions. The next time I fed I totally forgot what I learnt! I got so upset so I called her today and she was able to tell me what I need to do. I feel a bit more confident and just have to push through the pain when it hurts or reattach. I'm having faith that it will get better. At the moment my nipples feel like they are on fire and I'm due for a feed so wish me luck!

The LC said Breast milk can stay out at room temp for up to 8 hours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear you found some good support Riss. I didn't think it was going to get better but it did.

Any ladies dealing with cradle cap? L has developed it on her face and I'm not sure what to use. Im thinking I'll give Moo Goo a go as I'm very reluctant to use steroid creams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Good to hear you found some good support Riss. I didn't think it was going to get better but it did.

Any ladies dealing with cradle cap? L has developed it on her face and I'm not sure what to use. Im thinking I'll give Moo Goo a go as I'm very reluctant to use steroid creams.
    Hi Ngaiz, I suggest taking her to gp as it's a form of dermatitis and best off getting it checked as it's on her face, on the head you normally use an oil massaged to soften it and next day wash and use brush to gently loosen crusts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, my son has it too and paed said to use a barrier cream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, bloody centrelink! - I lodged all my paperwork and uploaded to app - 3 phone calls and 50min wait time on the phone each time! Now to finalise I have to go into office for an appointment! Why wouldn't they just make you an appointment and take all the paperwork with you? what a painful experience dealing with centrelink.

Rant over

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    An appt? I did exactly what you did and I received my letter today saying it has been finalised?....