Closed Thread
Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay11 View Post
    Saw paediatrician today & Hilton has reflux so 1ml of Zantac liquid 3 times a day /every 8hrs to start. Mum to stay on bland diet / no sugar until he's at least 4 months old DOH! Other then that increase milk as paediatrician said we are only just in the ok weight gain we made 115g he said min of range is 100g grrrrr arggggghhhhh it's so heartbreaking to think your not feeding your bub enough so in car and he has been on boob until he just fell off asleep which is 54min straight drinking - guess he's content now
    I've been referred to a paediatrician for Abi and reflux but the first appointment available is August 15!? Feeling exhausted and wish the gp could do something to help. Can't keep getting handballed. Seen two nurses and two doctors. Not even sure the doctors believe me. The gp today said I was feeding her too much! Wtf?! The nurse yesterday (who observed me for 6 hours) said I was doing everything right.

Good luck with Hilton's reflux. Thanks for the bland diet tip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks girls.

Lots, a lot of gp's don't believe silent reflux exists unfortunately.

Jay I hope Hilton gets some relief soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Short lived excitement on the weight gain Paediatrician said it's the lower end of the scale as 100g in 7days is the minimum and he made 115g plus he said he Has reflux! Looks like the no sugar diet for me is for at least another 3months too. Feeling soooo deflated right now!
    After feeding Hilton for 1hr 2hrs later he guzzled 90mls of formula!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots
    Paediatrician said to elevate their head whilst feeding (as upright a position that you can get - Hilton pretty much sits on my lap), his bed head & even change table mat! I asked about play mat & he said it was fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I swaddled him after giving him his 90mls when he was yawning at about 3.30 and he's still asleep guess he has been hungry not just grizzly in the afternoon but hopefully it's also the medication for reflux helping and wasn't just hunger as feel soooo bad for not picking up he was not getting enough. So tonight i expressed at 6.30 and despite feeding for an hour from 1pm-2pm I got 120mls it just doesn't make sense to be why he can't get enough if I can express it. So guess I'm back to expressing and top ups again even though that was what got to me before. Hubby said as soon as it starts getting me down this time it's time to give it up as not worth me getting down about it. I agree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay you need to do whatever is best for you and bub. At least he is gaining weight, it might not be as much as your paediatrician would like but it's much better than losing.

Annabel is thriving so well on formula now, it's getting harder to keep her on the breast for more than 5-10 mins as she gets frustrated they're not giving her much. It's far easier said than done, but please don't give yourself a hard time about how your baby ends up being fed - the important part is that they are

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay11 View Post
    Lots
    Paediatrician said to elevate their head whilst feeding (as upright a position that you can get - Hilton pretty much sits on my lap), his bed head & even change table mat! I asked about play mat & he said it was fine.
    Yeah, got Abi pretty much straddling my leg. The nurse asked me at day service why I fed like that early in the day...by the end of the day she knew why.

So do you know why the no sugar in your diet works?

Good luck with the weight gain. It sounds like you're putting in the hard yards. You're doing what you can, but try stay positive as they feed off any concern and that doesn't help. I know my little girl is very sensitive to my stress levels. So hard!

People suggested mylanta before a feed. Checked with the women's and children's helpline and pharmacist. You can give 2.5ml before a feed no more than 4 times a day. Wasn't keen on giving Abi all sorts of stuff but wanted to stop her pain. Tried it last night and she didn't scream when we wrapped her which was good. Will see how she goes tomorrow. The mornings are always the best part of the day. Plus I have DH to help all weekend, yaaaayyy!!! I love weekends for a totally different reason these days, haha!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay don't feel bad about the way you feed Hilton. A feed baby is all that matters. Big hugs

I'm trying to deal with this too. I am having so much trouble with latching on. My whole stay in hospital we worked on latching as Raffael would go on but come off straight away then cry and get frustrated. We sort of worked it out that he would suck for longer but now we are home the poor attachment and positioning is killing my nipples and I have serious tried everything. Once he is on and sucking it's fine but the initial latching is painful. I know it's not normal bit guess I'm looking for reassurance that it can get better and if there are any tips. I have large boobs which make it harder to get into position.
    Sorry I just need a vent. I have a lactation clinic on Tuesday and have contacted one to visit home but wish it would come sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with the others Jay, as long as Hilton is fed, how it is done doesn't matter.

Riss, we had a few latching issus also. I was so hooked up on how it should've been done and it was really getting me down. I ended up letting L do her own thing. It's probably not correct attachment but it works for us, she has plenty of wet nappies and is growing well. Every time I tried to correct her latch it would hurt me so I gave up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss I had the same problem with that initial latch being painful, but the feed itself was fine. I found making sure my nipple was nice and warm beforehand really helped as I was getting vasospasm. Also try getting started with hand expressing to get the milk flowing before you put bub on.

When Annabel got to about 10-11 weeks all of a sudden the latch stopped hurting. Literally woke up one day, it was fine and hasn't hurt since! I hope the same can happen for you, but at the same time if you need to mix feed or switch to exclusively bottle feeding I can tell you there's a lot going for that too

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app