Closed Thread
Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for your post lotsa. That's everything we are pretty much doing so hopefully it clicks soon.

I had a chat with dh this morning (at 2 blo0dy am!) and he was so good this morning. If I wasn't awake feeding I wouldn't have known he'd gone to work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She is just gorgeous Annerley!
    Thanks for the tip about light, must try that.

Ngaiz, we're doing all of what the nurse said and it hasn't clicked during the day either. She had 2 x 20ish minute naps and 10 mins of no crying in a covered pram. She doesn't enjoy being put down, the second I start to wrap her she cries. So then I can't put her down. Lots of settling and patting today...have a sore back and neck.

Going to a day session with a nurse tomorrow which was set up when we registered Abi in this state with the local children's services. Anyway the nurse can only stay until 2 so really a half day. She said we'll see how it goes and may need to book another session.

I know I shouldn't complain as she is really a good little girl but feeling a bit tired. Days are just constant. Lots of settling for not much sleep.

I'm sure we'll get there.
    10 weeks on Friday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ- thanks for the pep talk I really needed it and the tip about the lactation consultants. I'm booked in with the st Vincent's one next week as well. Looking forward to it. Raffael has definitely turned a corner with feeding. He is latching better and for longer. You are so right the midwives there were amazing and I had a lactation consultant with me everyday helping us along the way.
    I did get very nervous and emotional leaving especially with feeding but I had a great discharge nurse that went through everything detailed.
    This is our first night home tonight. Fingers crossed we get some sleep.

I have really bad swelling in my feet and calves. I've asked every doc and midwife I saw and they said it's normal. Did anyone else get it after birth too and how long did it last?

Here is a pic of us leaving the hospital
    Love his sweet little face.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1403694708.928658.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips lots.. I had my mothers group yesterday morning and the topic was about sleeping and settling.. It went thru a lot of what you mentioned so I'm going to try hard to get it right now as we are all over the place!! Main points raised were getting Bubs to self settle which will apparently make them sleep longer... Try and read the tired signs early before they cry.. i.e. Yawning, rubbing eyes, red eyes/eyebrows (isn't always noticeable), shaking head, staring, grizzling etc... Put them in the same place they usually sleep in at night and keep room relatively dark. Swaddle Bubs as it makes them feel secure... Easier said than done I know, but I tried it when I got home and Mia did sleep for over an hour in the afternoon and usually I'm lucky to get 30mins during the day.. Let's see how we go today!!!

Annerley she is gorgeous!!! That's interesting about settling with the light.. Mia is obsessed with lights and just stares... It must relax them

Riss glad Raffael is feeding better.. Good news is, it will only get better.. He is gorgeous My GF had the swelling and it went after a few days.. Think hers was due to the epidural but I didn't get it.. I guess everyone responds differently. Just keep your legs elevated when you can.. Hope your 1st night home was ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss78 I had the swelling in my legs after birth also and I asked everyone. Apparently it's very normal and can take several weeks to completely calm down. Just make sure if your not getting a chance to walk around to much that you keep moving your feet and ankles around and keep your legs elevated when you can. Drink lots of water also to help it. You only need to worry if you get pains in your leg in an isolated spot and if it goes red and warm, you will be fine

My bubba boy is 9 weeks old already, I don't know where the time has gone. I gave up breastfeeding at 6 weeks as we were having a lot of trouble and I wasn't getting any time to spend with my toddler. As much as I miss it we are in a much happier place now. Here is my big boy now ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1403731682.671897.jpg

I hope everyone is going well and finding their own parenting style

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hamptonk when you gave up breast feeding how did you dry your milk up? I am doing mixed feeding but expressing to feed Lennon and it's getting too exhausting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kj I was mixed feeding as well and trying to boost supply with medication and expressing and it became too much.
    I decreased feeding over a week and gave the bottle more then went straight to no feeding or expressing.The first few days I was very sore but just did a little hand expressing in the shower to relieve it, then I didn't notice any more. It hasn't completely dried up yet as it takes weeks to do so. But there is no leaking or pain or swelling etc they just feel back to normal. I hope that makes sense. So it's a few days of discomfort then you don't notice and just leave it alone.

Sorry for a confusing essay
    Last edited by HamptonK; 26-06-2014 at 11:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry haven't been around much Hilton has had some windy nights which meant sleepless ones for me plus appts in the day and after my first Physio session on knees since he was born my knees have been very aggravated. Luckily for me my husband was able to take 2days off work to help me get back on track.

Had another Maternity Health appt yesterday & we are finally meeting the weight gain YAY and double YAY because we have pretty much gone back to BF without top ups

He even fits his pants now hahaha 5weeks tomorrow and starting to have more awake time vacs booked in for 7Jul the which is the day my sister, BIL & 3 neice's arrive for a 3day visit :0 plus he'll have another Osteo appt while they are here! Busy busy

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1403745669.418803.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (26-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay we made the expected weight gain for once
    Hilton now weight 3.6kgs (that's a 230g gain from last time and 290g since birth) and is 52cm long (2.5cm extra length & 3cm since birth). His head has also grown 1cm larger then average but it was at birth at 90th now only 75th percentile so that's fine.
    So still smaller then the average on percentile charts in length & weight at the 10th but still a victory!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hampton and Jay, what gorgeous little boys, thanks for sharing.

I went to a day session with the nurse from children's services here and it was so good. Basically she helped with settling strategies and was able to notice that little Abi does infact have reflux symptoms. (Can't remember if I told you about the patronizing doctor who just said I was being a first time mum and that colic is normal.)
    Anyway she wrote a referral and I'm off to a different doc tomorrow. Maybe to get some antacid.

She did say a strategy I could is to feed one side. Burp. Play. Feed again until sleepy from the other side. Burp. Wrap. Settle and then put down. The reason is because she noticed Abi is very aware and easily stimulated. It's not feeding to sleep but feeding to be calm. Obviously with her reflux I have to burp her and settle her upright.
    She also said I'm not imagining it and what I'm doing is right but the pain she's in is making her unsettled. And that she can understand why I'm tired by the end of the day after hours of settling wars. It's just so good to hear her reassurance. I'd recommend doing a day service with a nurse because the advice isn't generic but specific to your child's needs.

Ok doing cluster feeding until I attempt the night time settle. 😁