Closed Thread
Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Simpson, Amy Louise is just precious and very alert.

JJ, Abigail was really fussy at around 3 weeks. Good luck, I'm sure it will pass. So exhausting in the mean time though isn't it?!

Good idea about waiting till DH could come to support during vaccinations. We have planned to do the same thing. Not looking forward to seeing my girl in pain. Let me know how you go Amps.

Last night we had Abigail's baptism. Decided to do it whilst DH's parents were here visiting from NZ as they'll miss lots of family events. My parents flew from interstate to come also. Was really beautiful and Abi slept the whole time! Bonus.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1400380825.071327.jpg

Got a big month ahead..We are moving interstate in June to be closer to family. Can't believe my time in Sydney is coming to an end but happy to be near family and friends. Hopefully the move isn't too full on with a 7 week old. DH might drive the car down and I'll probably fly down with Abi.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Amps  (19-05-2014),JJTiger  (18-05-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (18-05-2014),SimpsonDesert  (18-05-2014),Team panda  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Simpson, Amy is gorgeous. Well done on a successful birth.
    JJ I know it's hard, because I'm finding it hard as well, to distinguish between the different types of crying. I find"that often when V has been crying and I have fed her not long ago, she just wants comfort and to be soothed. She will be very tired and unsettled and hard to settle. She will take the dummy but I have to gently push it towards the back of her upper palette when she opens her mouth. She will resist until she gets the sucking rhythm right. She will try to push it out but more often when we get the rhythm right she will take it. Sometimes you have to help her get the sucking motion by pushing her chin up.There are times where she is hungry and the dummy just won't do it for her.
    Go and get the cherry tip Happy dummy as they seem to be the ones babies like best. It sounds to me like she just wants to comfort suck if she slept for that long.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (18-05-2014),SimpsonDesert  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson, Amy is just gorgeous! I love the name too.

JJ, I was having the exact same thing with Matthew at night and was in tears at getting up so many times. I think he was comfort sucking too but I decided to top up with 90ml of formula and see what happened. He chowed it down and then slept for 5 hours. I'm only giving 60ml most nights now and he settles straight away and gives me 4-5 hours straight. He was putting on good weight without the formula so didn't need it, but it certainly has helped with settling him at night. Might be worth a go.

Gorgeous photo Lotsa!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (18-05-2014),SimpsonDesert  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ, my DS used to be unsettled for a long time and then sleep for a good 3 hours or so, so I thought he was just comfort sucking and doing ok. However, it turned out that he was hungry but was so exhausted from being unsettled for so long that he then slept for a long time. I have always felt bad that I thought he was doing fine but he actually was starving. Once he started on formula top ups he put in weight and settled perfectly. Just something to think about. There are so many possibilities you just never know what was going on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Kittybe, JB and Simpson Desert on your bubs. I hope u and ur bubs are all going well. X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh! So much news!

Congrats on all the new babies Kitty, JB and Simpson!! Love all the names too!!

JJ - Remy will often look like she wants more food if she has wind. I find I try my thumb / dummy first before more food as often after sucking my thumb she will burp/fart/poo and then be really settled.

Amps - good luck with the vacs. I asked my GP about panadol when DS had he first injections as I heard to give panadol about an hour after, and his response was "if I took this pair of scissors and stabbed you in the leg with them, when would you want panadol?". Needless to say I gave it as soon as we got home as it seemed to do the trick!!! For future ones I actually gave it before we left home.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Amps  (19-05-2014),JJTiger  (18-05-2014),SimpsonDesert  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb double congrats on your little girls and making it to 29.3 wk great work! So glad to hear they are doing so well.

Simpson yay for your little girl! Congrats!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lots, it is tough but all worth it!

Owwww Abigail looks gorgeous in her christening gown..

Thanks for the dummy tips Panda.. I'll try and get one of those cherry tip happy dummies.. Sounds like a plan!

Thanks October.. We have given Mia formula a couple times when it got to midnight and she was still unsettled.. She slept up to 6 hours with it!! That's exactly why I have held off with a dummy cause I'm worried she is actually hungry.. If only she could tell us what she was feeling It's so hard to know what is the right thing to do. I'm also struggling with not knowing exactly how much she is getting from my breastfeeding. We'll get there!!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (18-05-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (18-05-2014),Team panda  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to Kitty, JB and Simpson. Beautiful babies! Sorry to hear all you went through but how exciting they are here now!!

JJ we were warned this week would be difficult (2-3) as a growth spurt would mean more frequent feeding and crying. Ellie has had some nights of waking regularly for feeds and some days where she will be unsettled for long periods. Hopefully it is just a stage and our babies will return to their angelic demeanor in a few days!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (19-05-2014),SimpsonDesert  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Simpson! Just beautiful photos!

I just had the most incredible baby shower- I feel so totally spoilt. My bestie totally blew me away with all the decorations she made. So full of food and totally overwhelmed by presents (so many cute clothes). Just had to put up some pics- I can't wait for my little boy to come.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1400413460.960285.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1400413522.475802.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1400413535.065352.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1400413548.470612.jpg

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (19-05-2014),SimpsonDesert  (19-05-2014)