Closed Thread
Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope super excited for you can't believe your still at work though as my brain was so scramble especially towards the end and still find it hard to focus.

Tks Ngaiz & Arlias. I have had a few little cramps since starting Fenugreek yesterday so guess that explains that ... and so far it's a small increase but hey anything is better then nothing. I'm super careful when I express to check all boob for any lumps and make sure at the end of expressing they are all gone. So paranoid about mastitis but guess that's not such a bad thing as better be paranoid then having it!

With hubby returning to work I'm now doing the red eye feed as we call it (at what ever time that is from 8pm - 8am). This morning it was 1.30am so I expressed after that which will hopefully be enough to keep supply and keep ducts open!

So today had 1.30am feed, expressed until 2am back to bed then he was up at 6.15 which was fine as I got up at 6am & made hubby a coffee to go like usual (mind you he didn't get his toast as Hilton woke up). He was then asleep again until I had to go to my appt so was able to change him whilst he partially slept at 9.45 arrived at appt with bottle in hand and started my Physio knowing he'd need a feed at approx 10.15 which he did - but luck would have it the staff had a plan that one if them would take him and do feed if needed and another one was on standby just incase (both of them itching to be grandmothers). After appt he was back asleep in capsule so I went to shop to get some Chamomile Tea (on the list of things to have when breastfeeding windy bubs) grab a coffee headed home & now waiting for him to wake for next feed. Quite impressed considering it was over a feed time and he still is settled and in routine - well if he wakes soon that is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Berra and welcome Elliot

So exciting almost time for Riss and Annerley go you lovely ladies

Thank you to all you ladies for the congratulations of our baby boy Ryan

So we finally got home again for the second time as we originally went home on Saturday but I had to back in on Sunday night as my wound started to come apart a little was started on antibiotics and have a dressing back on

i cannot believe my little man is 1 week old today it goes to quick.

I weighed myself 5 days after having Ryan and I had lost 5.2kg of the 5.5kg I put on whilst pregnant. I hope it keeps going since BF
    Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, thanks for the congrats. Just bfing so have a little time to write, managed a nap before so feeling slightly more lucid!
    I'm going home tomorrow, I'm feeling much better after c/s. Pain was actually contractions set off by bfing - Didn't really expect that and it was pretty much like actually being in labour! But upside is that bleeding is very minimal now. We finally got a midwife who medicated me properly for it but I was amazed at one midwife who didn't want to give me anything but panadol the day after the c/s (despite what was on my chart). Found the difference between midwives to be quite extreme.

I'm also surprised at the level of total brain disfunction that comes with the sleep deprivation. I did expect it but didn't expect to forget my own name etc. had a big cry on a nurse last night cause Elliot had been cluster feeding and also had really bad tummy pain from the milk coming in. I didn't know what to do and felt terrible. I'm thinking I'll give something like infants friend a go once we get home.
    Anyway, all you mummies are amazing- we think we know what we are in for but nothing can really prepare you. I've focused a bit on the bad things, and there have been heaps of amazing and surprising good things (I was not prepared for how totally amazing my baby smells to me! Has been blowing me away). I can't wait for the rest of the June babies will try to check in every day to see how the rest of you go!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra congratulations ! Bubbie looks gorgeous and alert! OMG Berra I had the same problem ! This one midwife actually refused to give me any of my pain meds the first night if the csection despite what was written on my chart- OB wasn't happy at all when I told him next day and she had a talking too! I thought it was only me! Yes those contraction pains are awful! Good that you are recovering well now.

Iam quite tired my little one feeds every 3 hrs including at night. Some nights she goes back to sleep other nights she wants to fall asleep on dh chest bit hard at 3 am but dh and I work together as a team he is up every feed even if iam feeding he will just sit or lie on the bed and changes the nappy.

I had to have a ct scan cause unbelievably (and ashamed ) to say my pain on one side still very much there! Unfort I still have inflammation but nothing that won't go away. Actually I do feel better today. I have though since the last few days have what feels like a bad muscle pain on the other side alongside my ribs extending to the the side of my waistline by over compensating on this side ! OB said the wound is taking time to heal.

there are so many gorgeous babies in this thread now - I think we shd all pat ourselves on our backs !

Jay you mentioned using Infacol ( and anybody else )? Word of advise needed here. I was told by paed n midwife not to giv anything until after the one month mark incl Gripe water. It's also written at the back of the bottles. So here iam sitting down impatiently waiting for that mark !

bubby passes sooo much wind that its unbelievable, DH calls her Wellington!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also just wanted to share for anyone doing ff or top ups, bubby seemed to be regurgitating and sometime vomiting the milk quite frequently and she would gulp down her formula fairly quickly other times she wld scream for more and you can see that she had enough though. Like at 3 weeks she was doing 110 and wanting more. But I knew better! So after DH studying a shelf full of different formulas (reading is his forte !) we swapped to Aptamil AR (thickened feed) and hey presto almost no regurgitation no vomits and no more screaming for more. Also it takes her time to drink. I have read though that it can cause constipation wasnt really in our case. In fact she was constipated for couple of weeks after hospital however I sorted that out with giving her cooled boiled water in between feeds just a bit. It made a big difference. DH was skeptical cause in the hosp they said not to cause it has no nutritional value (which I agree ) but with combined past experience of my kids, sister and mums advise I went ahead. And yes the next day the pellets stopped and had pasty poo! DH was astounded ! The trick is of course not to give before a feed so as to be careful not substituting it for milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover
    I can't find the icon on my iph. Were am I not looking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann we weren't told that but Infants friend I believe says for newborns but the gripe was advised to me by a pharmacist who said .2mls twice daily was fine. We do use Infacol too though & that's been a judgement call as we had to do something especially with his breathing the way it was when we first came home from hospital so we alternate them for feeds

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann I have no idea!! Mine just comes up!! Have you installed the update for the app and the latest iOS for your phone? That is all I can think of!

Obviously we are all v busy looking after time consuming little people or eagerly preparing for the last couple if arrivals as things have got much quieter around here!!! Haha!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

ann17  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's it Bedlover, time consuming is right and I thought I was busy working full time and having a life. Ha.

We have just a couple of days left in the splint! Yay. Hopefully it will get a bit easier and bf will too. 6 weeks old today. Time flies when your having fun. 😜

Hi to all the mums and mums to be. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was thinking yesterday how quiet it had become.

I'm not finding things too time consuming as L is so chilled out and happy. I am finding it lonely though and have been thinking about moving back to nz to be with family and friends.

I still can't believe in a mum. Keep waiting for someone to come and tell me it's all been a dream and for things to go back to how they were.