Closed Thread
Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lots nurse on call 24 hour line is on a fridge magnet, I think our maternal health nurse have it to us in a pack.
    can I ask he do you know if you have over supply?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hwaterhouse it's hard not to cry sometimes isn't it? Such a precious time.

Panda, the lady from ABA thought I might have over supply because:
    *Abi coughed and spluttered at the beginning of feeds and would pull off.
    *She was vomiting and it was coming from the stomach (lumpy and smelly not milky)
    *she was fussing at the breast and kept wanting more - seemed like she was in pain and wanted to suck for comfort

I don't think I had heaps of over supply and I think I made it I worse with expressing so have stopped that. Since yesterday she hasn't vomited which was a big concern for me. She doesn't seem to be in as much pain but there are grunts here and there. I'll continue block feeding until I get to Adelaide and will call someone there to share how she's going so that I can see if I can go back to normal feeding. She's not sleepy as long and would love her good night sleeps to come back.

I have three hours to do my final pack then final feed before going to the airport!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for the move Lotsa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the move lotsa. Which state are you moving too?

Today I'm officially full term! Yay!! I'm really so thankful to get this far. I will celebrate by lying in bed all day and relaxing while I still can! Hehe 😃😃😃

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (09-06-2014),bedlover  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!
    Off to SA.

Congrats on being full term Riss, enjoy that relaxation, you deserve it!

About to board. Fingers crossed 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    We brought Lennon home today it's do good to be he I was really nervous at first but it's so good and familiar.

My CSection went well not had any issues at this point with my wound and I've kept up with all pain meds so not been in any real pain...I have had issues with breast feeding and therefore I am soley expressing milk and topping up with formula...as soon as I started doing this on day 3 Lennon was a totally different baby he was content and laid back and loves his sleep.....been a mum is the best feeling in the world and I'm totally in love with our little boy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best with the move lots!

Riss, yay to being full term.. How exciting, anytime now Relax and gets lots of sleep.

KJ enjoy bringing Bubs home. It is truly the best thing! Yeah keep up with the meds and maybe take movicol to avoid constipation.. It helped me heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stc- congratulations! Hope you and bub us doing fine. Isn't it just am incredible feeling holding them ESP when they are sleeping peacefully ! Hope you aren't in too much pain.

Jay hope you are doing fine and your little man is doing great. Thinking about you.

Lotsa gotta give it to you girl ! Packing and moving with a newborn hats off to you ! Gosh DH will have a bit of driving to do! Are you moving for work ?

Annerley hope all is good with you. My OB just said that things start getting a bit complicated in the last two weeks of pregnancy but in my case I was on bp pills so he wldnt hv kept me going after due date. I personally wldnt want to go past my due date but in saying that both dd n ds were at least a week over with natural labour coming on but still had to be induced to move things along. I remember with ds ob wld want me to lie down and count the movements in an hr and report to her plus monitored very very closely. On the last day she said moving was slowing down sign of distress for bubs and if I wasn't going naturally my that night. I wld be induced and she was spot on started my contractions that evening. So its good to have faith in OB if you are confident in him. I remember with this pregnancy I panicked in the end and thought of all the things that cld go wrong and wanted bubs out at 38 weeks ( initial plan if my bp had the better of me ) but OB managed to convince me 39 since bubs was doing good I was ok and he said just that extra week wld be great for her respiratory, he told me to hang tight for a week n trust him! I hope you are able to come to a decision.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told I have over supply as R was doing frothy poo. It looked like the white froth that you sometimes see at the beach, but was green.
    Apparently this is because they are getting too much sweet fore milk and not enough fatty hind milk, so I was told to only do one side per feed and it fixed it almost straight away.

Does anyone else's milk shoot out across the room? If she comes off people in the vicinity need to take cover!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats again on making it to full term Riss! Haven't all of little babies on this thread been so well behaved as everyone is across the 37wk mark now so with the exception of JBs little girls (but more that expected with what you went through JB), we didn't have any early arrivals.
    JB how are those little princesses going?

KJ- enjoy this special time of taking your little man home and I'm so happy to hear things are going so well for you and that you are enjoying motherhood.

Wow Bedlover! Milk shooting out across the room, wonder if I'll get anything like that

Good luck with the move Lots and thanks for posting that link on oversupply. I had a bit of a read and it was really interesting. It sounds like the website if definitely describing Abi's behaviours. I guess with all this talk on not getting enough milk to bub, it's different to consider that it can go the other way too.

Thanks for your advice about my situation ladies, I really appreciate it. It make sense what you said Lots and Rtkirk about the s&s just being a little uncomfortable so long as I'm dilated. If I find that I'm dilated tomorrow, I'll ask for one.
    Ann, some of what you said was along the same lines of what DH and I were talking about this morning. I was saying to him how even if I do go overdue, I may still end up needing to be induced anyway, if I get to 41wks and I think by then I'll be very over it. There's also no guarantee that a natural labour won't end up in an emergency c section as well. I feel more than ready for it all to happen next week and do trust my obs.

I will see how tomorrow's appointment goes and what my cervix is doing. If it's ready enough, I'll ask for the s&s and then be happy to book an induction for next week just in case. If I'm still closed, I'm considering asking him whether a scheduled c section could be an option as I think I'll be extra anxious going to an induction with a closed cervix and would feel destined that it's going to fail anyway. I'm in private and have heard that elective c sections can be an option if the obs agrees. I wouldn't be looking forward to the long recovery times but my DH will be here and my retired mum is closely to help. Don't know whether this is a good plan but it's what we've come up with in preparation for the decisions we have to make by tomorrow.
    Last edited by Annerley; 09-06-2014 at 14:22.