Closed Thread
Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery love the bump.. Enjoy it and Bubs moving around in there.. I've missed it but then again it's even better being able to cuddle the little miracle

Lots, sounds like we had the same night. Mia was so unsettled from about 8pm and had so much wind, it was terrible I've given her infants friend but she hates the taste and keeps spitting it out! I might have to try the gripe water or infacol. Hopefully they might be easier for her to take?? I've held her in my arms for most of the night and am buggered! (Mind you I'm still holding her and it's 1030am!)

All the best with the packing and moving lots..

Riss definitely worth stocking up.. I didn't know about any of this stuff when I was pregnant so you're one step ahead It will save you having to run around with a newborn which is not easy.. (or you just keep sending DH lol)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no JJ, it's exhausting isn't it?!
    I was able to get about 4 hours sleep last night and some packing done this morning as she slept for about an hour (would have much rathered sleeping).
    And I agree, had no idea about any if this before bubs was around. It's such a big learning curve.

So I called up the Australian Breastfeeding helpline because Abi has been vomiting at her feeds, particularly last night and this morning. It's lumpy and smelly so it's from the stomache.
    She was also fussing at the breast and it seemed like she wanted to keep feeding. I'm thinking it was more comfort sucking after talking to the nurse on the phone. She was pulling her legs up and straining like she had wind pain too.
    She said I could have an oversupply. And to be honest I've noticed that.
    Anyway, she suggested I look up some articles on lactose overload and reflux on their website.
    Read this article... Which sounded a lot like Abi's symptoms.
    https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfi...verload-babies

So going to try block feeding and continue to keep her upright. Will try nappy change at the beginning of the feed and not during. And feeding from one side in a 3-4 hour period.
    Will hand express the other side if it gets too full/painful.
    And hopefully I'll see a change. Anything is worth a try!

She also said the stress from moving could impact it.

I'll let you know how I go...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you all mean about the crying. I'm sure if we left them long enough they would eventually fall asleep from exhaustion. But the crying just pulls at the heart strings. Yesterday I got stuck at the shops when mine woke up from her nap and I was thirty min awAy from home. She screamed and cried nearly all the way home and then two minutes from the door she had exhausted herself out and was was about to nod off. Mind you the whole way home I was beside myself and of course you have people passing you by and staring.
    lotsa good that you contacted the breast feeding association. You could also try the nurse on call. I think that will be my next call, I nearly did the other day and then we ended up having a better day.
    oh another thing, I'm not sure if you are using the app Sprout, but I find it fantastic for recording her feeds and sleeps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh lots - this sound exactly like R. Lots of fussing at the breast and very windy, or at least what seems to be wind pain. Am sending DH to the chemist!!

I have an over supply and have since when my milk first came in so only ever do one side per feed so no idea how to reduce this without knowing she is getting enough. My flow is also very fast (like it shoots across the room) so she keeps coming off / slurping and ends up inhaling some of it then choking a bit. I think all of this results in her swallowing lots of air. So annoying. Have appt with private lactation consultant next week so hopefully will get some ideas then.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You look great Spidery. Not long now!

Lotsa thanks for sharing that info. Occasionally Ellie will cry and pull off the breast only to frantically try and find it again in an ongoing cycle. I'm now ending the feeds there as it is very difficult to feed her in such a state. I do have a big supply I think so I'll keep that article in mind.

Let us know of any hot tips Bedlover!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (08-06-2014),Spidery  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots that's really interesting about oversupply.. I've been thinking I don't have enough supply as Bubs is constantly hungry so I keep feeding her.. I just fed her an hour ago for about 20 mins in total and within 30 mins she's acting like she's starving again.. I've held off feeding her and now she is sleeping.. I haven't leaked at all so thats why I thought maybe I don't have enough.. Or not necessarily? She's got so much wind.. Poor Bubs..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda is the nurse's number in the blue book? That's where I got the ABA number. I'm not using sprout, but will check it out. Using a couple of other apps. One sends me a reminder 10mins before the 3 hour feed is due. Often Abi is the better reminder.

Bedlover, let us know what the consultant says. I know what you mean about knowing when enough is enough, hopefully you get some good tips to help you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hwaterhouse the fussing is quite difficult isn't it? I hope you're able to find a way to minimize it. Share anything that works!

JJ I tried the block feeding last feed and she seemed quite hungry soon after the feed and fed for quite a while. But I had her upright on my chest for about 30mins and kept popping her back on to try fill her up. After a while of sitting upright I put her down and she slept for 50 mins which was good for her. The last feed she slept an hour. I'm finding she is feeding lots but settling. Hopefully it lasts.
    The nurse said to give her all her feeds within 3 hours from one side. As much as she wants. So I'm not sure if that meant popping her on soon after but it worked the last time. Obviously there has to be a line in the sand otherwise it gets exhausting. Hopefully after a few block feeds it settles.

I generally only leak after a big block of sleep at night when Abi cries. During the day I don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Abi's vomiting has stopped but so have her big sleeps at night. But not complaining, she's sleeping pretty well for a newborn. And her hours of sleep yesterday increased by almost 5 hours from the 24 hours before. Who knows if the block feeding us working or whether it's a stage she's going through...??? But I'll run with it while it lasts.

Not sure if your babies do this, I know my friend said one of hers did when they were young..but just before Abi goes to sleep I get these gorgeous little gummie smiles that are just so adorable. Well tonight I'm sure I just got a sleepy giggle as she was drifting off! So cute!! Think my heart has just melted away. It's times like these that being up at 3am doesn't matter at all ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad there is some improvement Lotsa. I know what you mean about the smiles. I had a very special 5 mins chatting and smiling with Ellie and I couldn't help crying with joy! They are so precious.