Closed Thread
Page 42 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Seems like catnapping is quite frequent in bubs. Sometimes it's just good to know you're not the only one going through it.
    Tomorrow is our last day of packing and I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for at least one good nap.
    Panda I might join you with the sling idea. At least I'll have hands free to do something. Routines will have to wait until after the move. :/

I was going to say the same thing bedlover...your photo Spidery makes me nostalgic about my belly. I'm trying to remember what it felt like and the memory seems to be fading.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bedlover and lotsa I'm sure I will miss it too it's only been in the last Couple of weeks I have really had a decent one to notice, rub and admire but I'm sure you would both say it's nothing like actually holding your little ones
    Last edited by Spidery; 07-06-2014 at 21:03.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for suggesting the stretch and sweep, Lots! I did think of asking about that too but think they can only do it if I'm dilated, which they will be checking when I go in on Tuesday. Hopefully that would be enough to get things moving on there own. I feel like I've thought of a million questions for my obs when I see him next week!! Thanks for your advice - how did you find the stretch and sweep?
    I've also tried the hand expressing but haven't gotten anything. Either I'm doing it wrong or not doing it for long enough or maybe I just don't have anything yet. I'm planning on making some lactation cookies soon.

Great pic Spidery! Not long for us now but I think as much as I'm ready for her to come now, I'll miss my bump too. Although I feel like I've looked pregnant for a while, it's only been the last few weeks that I've been getting questions from strangers like, when are you due or how much longer. Before that, people were probably scared they'd offend me incase I wasn't actually pregnant. It's really nice in a way when you're at that obviously pregnant stage
    Last edited by Annerley; 07-06-2014 at 21:05.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (07-06-2014),Spidery  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats stc and welcome baby Benjamin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry stc, I added you and your little boy to the arrivals lists but forgot to congratulate you, xx. I hope you are doing well and enjoy those beautiful snuggles.

Spidery I can't see your pic on my phone :-(

Eta-just went on the tablet, you're looking great!!!!
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 07-06-2014 at 22:14.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (08-06-2014),stc76  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley I felt ok with the stretch and sweep. I got it a day before my due date and I was 2cm dialated. I was feeling pains here and there for about a week but thought they were Braxton hicks. But it must have been doing something.
    If you're not dialated it's supposed to be more painful I hear. For me it was slightly uncomfortable. I just kept saying to myself that labour is going to hurt more than this as a was of psyching myself up for it.

With colostrum not everyone has it before baby is here so don't be too concerned with that.
    I was taught to make my thumb and pointer finger parallel (kinda makes a c) and squeeze from the edge of the ariola to the base of the nipple. Kinda put your nipple halfway down your pointer finger so it's not like you're pinching it. So hard to explain on here, don't think I've done a very good job! Haha. It shouldn't take too much time to come out so don't spend lots of time on it if it's not.

AFM got a very fussy bub tonight who is eating and kicking and scratching in pain and pushing herself on and off the boob. She looks like she's got a bit of wind the poor love. My poor nipples have seen better days too. Not to mention the scratch marks I'm accumulating. Wish I could make her feel ok. Time for some infants friend.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats stc!! Welcome baby Benjamin!

Annerley- here's hoping you are able to get the stretch and sweep on Tuesday.

Girls with windy babies- I'm not sure if this is a help but my SIL's daughter had the worst wind ever and she swore by infants friend too as well as gripe water for cramps and infacol. I'm thinking I might need to stock up on those things.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots a cutie STC! Congratulations on baby Benjamin.

Annerley i I had a stretch a sweep too. As Lots said it was more uncomfortable than anything else. You might be lucky like me and already be dialated before they have to do it. Makes everything easier that way. Good luck on whatever decision you make.

Must be the day for it. Lucas wouldn't sleep from 3pm till 8pm. And he was so overtired I ended up rocking him to sleep in the end. Very naughty I know but it hurts me when he gets so worked up. I figure there is no way he will sleep unless I calm him down.

Awesome photo Spidery. You look fantastic. Enjoy these last weeks if you can.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (09-06-2014),Spidery  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss I've got gripe water but must look into infacol too now that you've reminded me. Apparently you can't use that for the first month and I haven't gotten round to it.

We haven't had a night this bad for a while. She fed for ages and then wouldn't sleep so I told DH to try settle her. She hasn't really slept and is now onto her next feed. We're both quite tired at this point. Fingers crossed she sleeps a bit better after this. I'll need some rest to pack. The removalists are now coming Monday rather than Tuesday (called us this afternoon) so we've lost a day of packing.
    Last edited by lotsathoughts; 08-06-2014 at 00:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery enjoy that bump, it's such a special time in your life! My first weeks after birth I really missed my bump.
    I bought infacol last week. The only thing is your meant to take it before the feed and at every feed.
    Such a hard time at the moment isn't it girls?!
    last night V went down without a fight after being awake most of the day. I wonder what today brings??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (08-06-2014)