Closed Thread
Page 40 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Introducing Benjamin Anthony, born 4/6/14 8lb 14 oz. Textbook elective C section due to baby being breech. Both mum & bub doing well, albeit a bit tired..
    Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stc76 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (07-06-2014),lotsathoughts  (07-06-2014),SimpsonDesert  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay stc! Congratulations and welcome Benjamin
    Just gorgeous x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Stc hes's a cutey!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots - the book I follow says:
    0-6 weeks: max 1 hour awake
    6-12 weeks: max 1.5 hrs awake
    12-18 weeks: max 2.5 hrs awake

It says for 0-12 weeks the awake time should be feed, activity, feed, settle. The activity includes nappy change and a bit of play time (ie sing a song, gooing/gahing etc).

12-18 weeks it says activity should come after waking up rather than feeding straight away.

Hope this helps some what!?!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (06-06-2014),lotsathoughts  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations STC!! Benjamin looks so precious, hope you are feeling well!

Bedlover- yes the risk he mentioned is what you said about the placenta deteriorating at a faster rate in Ivf when compared with natural conceptions. He said the risk is only minimal but I can't help thinking, what if something happened because I waited. I did a bit of googling and did find some info about the fact that it could be due to age, like you suggested, this makes me think I should be ok as I'm young and had no problems during pregnancy (also the reason obs sent me for the growth scan was to make sure she was measuring right as that could indicate problems with the placenta and/or oxygen getting to the baby but she was normal size). It's hard to know what to do, I need a crystal ball!! I know I could wait and go overdue and need an induction/ emergency c section anyway. I just hope she comes on her own next week...problem would be solved then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well fingers crossed things start moving for you next week Annerley xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley I know if it was my obstetrician he would wait it out. When I asked him about ivf pregnancy being of a higher risk he didn't seem to believe it. I was concerned I'd have to go earlier because I was ivf and he said he would treat me like any other non ivf pregnancy. Mind you I am an older ivf mum, but I had a very normal pregnancy. No health issues at all. As you said you've had the scan and they are able to tell that the placenta is functioning.
    Lotsa funny how your girl slept so well today. So did mine. I followed Save Our Sleep today minus the expressing advice and she did well. A bit of crying when I put her down tonight but it wasn't as bad as last night.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    stc congratulations on the birth of Benjamin. He looks so peaceful in that photo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the birth of Benjamin stc! Picture perfect!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats stc, Benjamin is precious! He looks grown up in a way. Enjoy xxx

Thanks bedlover for the times. Abi eats every three hours, if not a bit earlier at times and I've aimed to get at least an hour sleep between feeds. Having a max time to be awake is good to have at the back of my mind too. I do the whole eat, awake, settle, sleep so that she isn't used to sleeping from the boob. I didn't know about the activity after the sleep from 12 weeks tho. Makes sense though as Abi isn't a fan of that now.

Panda, yeah it's so funny how both our girls had a good day yesterday. Might come on here and complain more! Haha!

We had a good night of sleep again and Abi decided to take the bottle of expressed milk DH gave her. We've found she likes the Nuk teats better. Somehow the Gods were looking down on me too as she saved a big poo for Daddy that was cleaned up before I finished the feed. Hooray!