Closed Thread
Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay for Mat Lve Annerley.

I too feel like BH has helped me -Annerley - to understand a lot of the frustrations and common issues that I may face and believe it has better prepared me to not over analyse my own ability based on the challenges ahead. I guess it's another reason why I'm so relaxed still about labour and being a FTM. Tks ladies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, so sorry its taken me so long to get around to coming here but have been in a lot of pain and haven't been on the comp (i only come here on comp not my phone) since going into labor. First off a huge congrats to all who have had your bubs! Im not sure who the last person i congratulated was!
    Long birth story coming up.

So that being said, Samuel Jonas Felgendrejeris was born on the 9th May @ 3.32pm. Weighing 8 pounds 8.5 ounces, length 56cm head 35.3cm at 39+2.

So it was wednesday (7th) afternoon i was at the shops and discovered i had had a little bleeding that was watery. Rung the mw's and as i was having no contractions i was fine to stay home. But then i ended up going in to hospital on Wednesday night for a checkup after losing some bloodclots, and stayed in for a few hours so they could monitor the minion. Everything was fine, and it they concluded it was my membranes that ruptured and if i didn't go into natural labor beforehand they booked me in for a induction on saturday morning in case of infection.
    So i went home wed night, thursday was going normal, had to go in to hosp for a checkup in andas after the previous night. We had just gotten home and i had eaten lunch and was passing out on the couch when i felt what i could only imagine was my waters pushing my plug out so in a split second i managed to roll off the couch onto all fours and scare the crap outta DP who thought bub was coming NOW! haha... i just didn't want to ruin the couch.... Rang the mw's again but as i was still having little to no contractions i was fine to stay home.
    It wasn't until we went to bed that night that the contractions started getting closer and more painful. But i convinced dp no need to ring again as they were not close enough together. so he went to sleep and i stayed awake all night in a lot of pain, some of them made me cry which woke dp and got him upset. Finally about 4.30-5am i gave in and he rung up and said we were coming in.
    So we got in and my mw examined me and turns out i was already 5cm dilated which they were very surprised at. So they put me onto the happy gas, i spent a while on that then asked them to up the dose, then the pain got to be enough i asked for morphine. It was my intention to do everything i could to stay away from an epi, being illogically paranoid about the bad side affects.I ended up pushing for about 2 hours, with no progress so at 10.30am they stopped my pushing for another exam. I was 10cm at that point, and my mw had me push through a contraction so she could feel if babys head was moving down at all. It wasn't They had the doc come in asap and turns out --> "impacted baby in deflexed ROP position" which led to a emergency c section. I was very upset at this point, having gone through all of the pain and pushing only to find even though i was fully dilated, bub hadn't moved at all. But i couldn't say no.
    So they took me to surgery, and by the time i got to the first room for the spinal they gave me, my contractions were coming 30 seconds apart, so getting the spinal took a lot longer than it should have. And i cant even describe the pain of having to go through them and fighting my body to not push, which really didn't work it was doing its own thing by then, and also trying to stay absolutely still with the needle/catheter in my back trying to put it in position. Finally we got it in and within a minute i felt my body go tingly and it only got better from there out.
    Also on a happier note, everyone in that room and in the surgery room were ecstatic that we didn't know the gender! Glad i could make so many people happy at once haha.
    So we went in and wow what a weird experience. After a lot of pulling they finally got bub out, His head was very stuck due to all the pushing i had done and so I ended up with a deep right lateral tear to cervix with a separate tear from angle, blood loss of 900ml. The tears mean i can no longer have a natural birth, only c sections from here on out. Because of the tears it took a lot longer to put me back together, and while they did that i got skin to skin with my new baby boy <3
    Unfortunately because it was taking so long the spinal was beginning to wear off and was causing me some pain as they were doing their thing inside me. Not a pleasant experience i wouldn't wish that on anyone. So they topped up my drugs which made me feel sick lol so they gave me another drug for that! All up i was in there for over an hour.
    Got rolled into recovery and asked if i was going to BF and the nurse popped bub on and BANG he knew exactly what he was doing and got straight into it! Which caused the nurse to WOOP WOOP and call out to everyone else bragging lol! Ive never been told so often over a short period of time that my boobs and nipples are perfect (for BF) it was a bit embarrassing lol. So no issues with BF and my supply came in on the sat night.
    As for my recovery i was left with a drain in my gut, which i had to carry around for 3 days, not that i went anywhere.. toilet twice a day. Woke up sat morn and scared all the mw's as there was a lot of blood in my urine bag.... thankfully turns out my catheter had fallen out into my vjj and the blood pooled there had gone through. A lot of pain which im still taking endone for, and even that barely lets me walk around at home.
    I had my first mothers day in hospital, im just grateful i could finally be a mother. And on monday i was discharged because i was too desperate to go home. Although now thinking back i really should have stayed in longer.

When every nurse and doc heard my story they couldn't believe it and all called me a legend. They said something like this happens maybe once a year if that. To get to 5cm at home then come in do all that pushing with only gas and morph and get to 10cm with no bub..and then the rest lol.

I still wouldn't change a thing.

My little minion.
    Attached Images

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kittybee For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (17-05-2014),hwaterhouse  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Champion effort Kitty hope I can get to ten and push without epi in itself that's amazing work then to go through all the rest adds to your amazing birth story. Thankyou for sharing and welcome Samuel Jonas Felgendrejeris

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Kittybee and welcome baby Samuel

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1400323499.611810.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1400323521.694287.jpg

Hi Ladies,

I haven't had a chance to catch up on any ones news as the last week has been a complete blur. On Mother's Day (11/5/14) after 5 weeks of bed rest at 5.35am our twin baby GIRLS decided they wanted to enter the world!! I had been in labour for quite awhile before it was picked up - even my doctor came in to check my cervix on Saturday and it was still closed but things escalated quickly! Then he came in when I was in the birthing suite had a look and said they were ready to come! I was rushed into theatre for a c-section as one was breech, fortunately I rang DH when I was still in my room not in the birthing suite like the midwife told me to as he only just made it in time - saw me being wheeled to theatre through the glass doors, let's just say there was a lot of banging in the glass involved!! Everything happened so quickly and before we knew it I was on the table and our 1st baby girl was being held up over the sheet, crying away then less than a minute later our 2nd baby girl was out - I still cannot believe we had 2 girls, I was sure they were boys!! DH was an emotional mess for the first day and couldn't finish phone conversations when he was ringing his family - such a proud dadda!! They were born at 29+3 and are doing so well considering their age, they are now 30+2.

Their names are Margaret Magdalena - "Maggie" and Ava Joanne. Maggie is named after our Grandmothers and Ava's middle name is after my Mum. I honestly cannot believe how much love I feel for them - it's quite amazing!

I had my first night at home last night which was so incredibly hard to leave them but once I had a good nights sleep in my own bed I know it's the place I should be so I can recharge my batteries for them, keep the milk supply up and get the house ready as after 5 weeks of bed rest and DH moving out the contents of the study and just putting it in the garage we have A LOT of sorting out to do!! We are hoping that by 32/33 weeks they are able to be moved to the special care nursery in the hospital they were born in (same complex as the NICU) then around 34/35 hopefully they start breastfeeding as some babies can start then and 36/37/38 they can come home with us. It's going to be quite the journey but will obviously all be worth it when they come home.

The care they receive in the NICU is above and beyond anything - we know they are in the right place and obviously very comforted by that. Initially they were in separate ends of the NICU then Maggie got moved to the same bay as Ava but about 10m apart but today they got moved next to each other, their cribs are nearly touching. It's so special that we can just sit here with both of them and hang out without feeling guilt of spending more time with one than the other. We know things may change but today was a wonderful day - I also got to do my first cuddle of both of them together. Amazing feeling! Was the first time they'd been together since they were born.

Milk came in pretty much straight away (I was so amazed) and I'm keeping up with their demands with a bit of a bank in the freezer. Any one have any tips on increasing supply? Position to sit in (has been hurting my back)? I've been munching away on lactation cookies but so far not sure if they are doing anything. We also did placenta encapsulation so have been having those too. How often/how much are you eating? I think I need to eat more but it has been hard with sitting in the NICU we can't eat there.

Next weekend was meant to be our baby moon but instead we will stay in the local motel so we can walk back & forth to them whenever we please. Might treat ourselves to a night out for dinner or go to the movies - has been a long time since that happened!

Sorry to keep blabbing on, finally got a moment to myself to write something and let you all know.

Hope everyone is well and will catch up on everyone's news as soon as I can.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness Kitty- congratulations. What a journey- you champion. Very tough going and so glad you are all ok! Lovely to hear of another little boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow JB!! Congratulations on your 2 girls! I couldn't believe it when I saw your post was announcing their birth. You well and truly belong in our thread!

So glad they are doing well. I know the trips back and forth to the hospital will probably be exhausting as will the expressing. I take Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle to try and increase my supply. I also have been taking domperidone which my Obs prescribed. Drink plenty of water. I find breast feeding makes me very hungry and I'm eating all the time! Enjoy your little bubbas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Kitty bee ! He looks like a Samuel

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB! I was not expecting that!! Congratulations! So glad Your DH made it, what a surprise! I love the names too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous little boy. What a trouper! Sounds like you had quite an experience having him.
    Jb thanks for sharing your story. Your girls are beautiful. Congratulations!