Closed Thread
Page 39 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes sometimes she is soooo overtired that she finds it hard to go down. And if you try everything else and it doesn't work I say go the boob too!!
    And then during the day if she doesn't sleep she's so over tired that she doesn't feed well as she falls asleep AT the boob. It's a viscous cycle!
    I've been expressing the last few days so that DH can give her an "entree"
    before I get up for feeds. Gives me a few minutes to wake up. (By the way hand expressing as I'm buying a pump AFTER the move...so not getting heaps of milk). She isn't great at taking the bottle and more often than not the milk goes to waste eventually, but I've found my milk supply is up. Not sure if this is helping her sleep better at night because she's getting lots of milk??? I'm just guessing as I really have NO idea what I'm doing! Haha.
    Take each day as it comes which is hard for me as I'm a teacher and like routines but learning to be flexible. She seems to have a good night one and just trying to work on her day one. We'll get there panda I'm sure.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guys, if bub is puking a bit they might have slight reflux. You could try raising the end of the cot / bassinet so that the head end is raised and bub is sleeping in a more elevated position rather than completely flat. This will also help with wind. Books under the legs is an easy way to do this.
    The only other advise I can offer for day sleeps is to look at what stimulation bub is getting during the day. Babies can get stimulated even when asleep so look at things like tv, talking etc. When bub is up you could try keeping them in a quiet room with the lights out and limit eye contact, and then do "feed, change, feed, wrap, settle" and see if removing all stimulation helps to get them back to sleep quickly and prevent getting over tired.
    Have looked through my books and this is all I could find to suggest.
    Good luck - and as you said at least you are having good nights!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (06-06-2014),Team panda  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bedlover, I do think that she is over stimulated to an extent because she is alwAys wide eyed and staring at whatever she can get her eyes on. I'll really reduce all stimulation now, I'm getting better at that.
    lotsa not sure where I read this but apparently the milk supply is supposed to increase around about now. Any way my obstetrician this morning said it will get easier by week 12 and also suggested I get a can of formula for my little one as I'm stressing to much about expressing and storing breast milk.
    Lotsa when your baby wakes up from her naps does she cry and want to eat immediately or can you hold her off eating as long as possible? The reason I'm asking is because she just did a one and a half hour sleep, which is amazing for her, but her last feed was only over two hours ago. Maybe I should have tried resettling her in the first place? But she was crying so I picked her up then she wouldn't stop so I've given her the boob again!
    Last edited by Team panda; 06-06-2014 at 14:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bedlover, I agree, think she might be over stimulated. At nights feeds are much quieter and she is out like a light.
    So during the day there's no awake time after feeds? Even for 15 mins? Sometimes I put her in the bouncer to sit for a bit and then wrap her up for settling. I find that if she goes down straight away she wakes up early and wants to feed straight away like you said Panda, then she's feeding every 2 -2.5 hours. But then I guess she gets the stimulation that way. Panda, Abi is the same, very wide eyes and alert at the moment.
    Saying that, today I was able to keep her calm for 20 mins after a feed.
    AND she's had an hour sleep and two 20 min sleeps. I'm out to lunch at DH's work for his last day before we move and she slept in the car then at the restaurant in the pram and I wasn't even rocking her. This is really good for her!
    Will think about raising stuff to see if that helps the spitting up.
    Maybe she's not used to the new milk supply and is being a guts! Haha! Thanks for the heads up on the milk supply Panda. I can definitely feel a difference.

I feel like I do all this thinking about how to feed/sleep but in the end she's the boss! Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just an update-my scan showed just under 50ml of fluid under my incision so I'm just waiting to hear back from ob to see if I have to go get it drained.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Ngaiz hope you're ok. Let us know what the OB says. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ABH I called and made a booking - they did say that the hospital shd have given the info and simetimes there is a let down and I shd have had a midwife come and visit me and bubby within two weeks she was glad I called though. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH View Post
    Ann, you need to call 1300 366 039 and make an appointment for maternal health nurse to visit you. Info is in the red book. They will come and see you for first and maybe second visit. Or second visit you make have to go to centre.

I have been reading along, but my little one is keeping me busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that Ngaiz but glad you have been able to get an answer as to what's wrong. Will have to see what your obs says but I hope having the fluid drained will give you some relief and does the trick!

I've been reading along about all the sleeping and feeding experiences and tips that you ladies have been posting about and finding it very helpful, so thank you! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions soon!

AFM: I'm coming up to 38wks and had an obs appointment yesterday, he is very experienced with Ivf and works at my fertility clinic and even did our ET. He told me yesterday that there can be some risks with going overdue with an Ivf bub so said it's up me if I want to be induced just before my due date or let nature run it's course. He said the risks when going overdue are only slight and it's a duty of care for him to let me know, however as an obs they aren't all for intervention either. Basically, he has left it with us to decide whether to go overdue with a slight risk to bub's wellbeing or to have an induction, which as he said can mean an emergency c section if my body isn't ready for the birth. He sent me for a growth scan yesterday afternoon and she is measuring exact for dates and 3.12kg so exactly right, he is also going to check my cervix when I see him again next Tuesday to see how ready I am for birth but I will have to let him know what I've decided then so he can schedule the induction for the week after if I want one. I was feeling so calm about giving birth until he mentioned a possible induction and emergency c section but am a bit more anxious about it all now, trying not to worry though!
    Last edited by Annerley; 06-06-2014 at 18:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley did your OB say what the risks were (ie what could go wrong if you go over?).

My OB said there was a higher rate of the placenta starting to fail if you went over, but he explained that in his opinion this was because the ave age of woman doing IVF is higher and that placenta failing could be more to do with age than IVF specifically. As I was 34 at the time and we had no signs of any problems I decided to let nature take it's course.

NB. We ended up with an elective c section because baby was huge and wouldn't engage!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's what I've been told too bedlover. Because ivf is generally used in older women many of the statistics relate directly to age not the fact that bub was conceived via ivf.

Ob didn't call back but I realised I had the report. It says it's a haematoma with no sign of infection. Just gonna wait out the weekend and if it gets bigger or there is an increase in pain I'll just go to ED. Hopefully the body just absorbs it like any other haematoma.

My main concern now is my nipple thrush. The dr I saw today was not helpful at all! Nothing is working and I need oral anti fungals but she wouldn't prescribe them. She doesn't believe that it enters the ducts therefore no need for fluconazole. I tried to discuss the protocol that several hospitals in Oz and Nz use but she wasn't interested.

Everyone enjoy the long weekend, even though every day is the weekend now
    Travel safe if you plan on going away.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (06-06-2014)