Closed Thread
Page 36 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh yes, that beats my girl. Shes 5kg today

Eta-so much for being worried she wasn't getting enough milk.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 04-06-2014 at 13:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking bedlover. Not to good
    Ob thinks it's an infection so I'm on yet another course of anti biotics, 3rd lot in 4 weeks. I have to have an ultrasound to see if the swelling is fluid or tissue but I'm not feeling very well this afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They are very similar now! Ellie is 5.5kg dressed. You've done well with weight gain especially with all the bf issues!

Sorry to hear you are on another course of antibiotics. I went on Keflex for 5 days and we both got diharrea. Not fun! Hope it clears up soon...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats KJ and welcome little Lennon!!!

Ngaiz- all the best for your ultrasound- I hope the anti-biotics are effective! You poor thing! But glad you are feeling ok

Have a question for the c section ladies- I've prob become more nervous in the last few days about the possible bowel impacts... When I had my lap I didn't poop for about 2weeks (sorry if tmi!). Bowel had completely shut down. I'm expecting a c section could be the same? I've already got a box of movicol to start on next week, but did anyone else have problems with this? My ob was surprised at what happened after my lap so not sure if its normal to have some degree of bowel laziness after c? Does it help to only have liquid diet? Thanks!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (04-06-2014),Ngaiz  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra, I'd stay taking one a day now to get regular. Not sure if a liquid diet would help but I wouldn't recommend it if you plan on breast feeding. You need a good diet for milk production.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have any probs with that Berra, but I didn't after a lap either. Hope it's different for you this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww KJ congrats mummy and daddy and big welcome to Lennon ! I know howimpatient you were getting and now your little man is here! Take care

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ngaiz I hope it will sort it self out soon. It's no good you feeling sore as I know how it feels. I actually did want to ask you that I hope you didn't over work yourself. I forgot to me to mention in the case of my friend because she was feeling good she didn't take it easy also I think OB tells you no gym for 3-6 months and she started gym 3 months later too hence her big swelling. I guess things need time to heal inside. Take it easy now and let's hope the antibiotics does the trick.

Berra - I went on day four, Movicol did the trick for me. And just your usual pear n apple juice. But I didnt start my movicol until hospital. Also I barely much ate at all for a few days in the hospital. Also I was worried about constipation so my OB wrote a stool softener n one to go as well in tablet form so when they have me my pain meds I was given that too. It wasnt too bad when it finally happened !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm so maybe it was a bit unusual... Ngaiz, I was thinking liquid cause after my lap, everything got so backed up I couldn't eat anything but liquid. nothing was going through so everything I ate made me feel like vomiting ended up with no choice that time. really hope it doesn't affect BF!
    Oh dear! Might have to try and do some planning for this, might ask for stuff like Ann. Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Berra, get on top of it now. Can be a problem, as a lot of the pain meds you will take will cause constipation too. Plus I think generally giving birth you tend to get constipated.

I had it bad with DS so this time I started Movicol on day 2 (one or 2 a day) and it still wasn't great. In retrospect I should have started one a day pre operation.