Closed Thread
Page 31 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Understand your concerns re the name Ann. I am not sure if I will tell my bubs about IVF. My DH and I are open to doing so but not 100% decided. Plenty of time to worry about it I guess.
    Ah Ann at least with all your other issues weight isn't one of them. Wish I could say the same. After the initial weight loss of baby haven't managed to shift a kilo since. I am exercising again but no luck. Some women in my mothers group look like they were never even pregnant! Lucky chicks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtkirk- they are probs just wearing really good holdy-in knickers . Speaking of which, my physio is really positive about SRC recovery shorts. Bit $$$ but get a rebate from health fund. They look seriously holdy-iny as an added bonus to being functional ill need them for my hips anyway so trying to see the bright side of having to spend the money!

It's great Ann!! considering everything you've been going through- its the silver lining (that and bubby!!). Understand your caution too, all the bub hub stuff comes up on google searches...

I'm so happy today, finally 'finished' the nursery! Just got to put away clothes now (emptying cupboard is looking to be a seriously painful task as I think my husband has just shoved everything he couldn't be bothered sorting out in there). I've attached some pics - I made the mobiles myself off a pattern I got from googling! Was a pretty easy going project. Is driving the cat nuts though
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1401629248.121150.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1401629262.242533.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1401629277.764195.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1401629290.768422.jpg

Woo!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gorgeous Nursery
    Berra! Love the colour of your feeding chair. Great job with the mobile too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great job on the nursery Berra! It's beautiful! I can't believe our time is almost here, in one way it feels like a lifetime ago since we cycled but in other ways it just seems like yesterday we were getting out beta numbers, so exciting!!

I can understand what you are saying about announcing the name Ann. I do plan to tell our little one about Ivf one day but not sure how, I guess will have to see how that happens. I'm planning on making a photo book of bub's first year and am still tossing up as to whether to start the book with our pregnancy and that way the Ivf part will always be there but unsure. I completely understand your concerns though and wouldn't want your bubba finding out on her own.

The only other option I could think of is the private Facebook group that we spoke about briefly a few weeks ago. Is everyone on Facebook? Creating a private group is really easy and maybe that was people can announce or say what they want without ever having to worry about it being searched for later...just a thought!

Hope you are well too Catlover, can't wait for your announcement!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wonder how Cat is going??...

I've had zero pain in my csection incision since the day Lexi was born but last night I felt a bit tender. The wound itself has healed perfectly but there is a bit of swelling on the tender side today. I have visitors that are leaving tomorrow so I will have to make an appt with my GP. I'm really hoping there's no infection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra - what a cute nursery, gosh you are creative !

Annerley - the baby book sounds like a great idea and a nice way to start the miracle story.

While I kept my ivf journey pretty private, only my mum and a few very close to me know nobody knows about the de part though. So while I wld be easy on telling about the ivf part when she is older or even from a young age de isn't isn't something that I feel comfortable about telling from a young age where she won't understand and probably tell everyone innocently that mum said i am a de!! Although the clinic counsellor did say to tell around 7-8 yrs of of age so they know rather than in teens when it can be a big shock. But like I said de is something very personal and wldnt like her to know when she's too young and wldnt understand the gravity.

Did you ladies receive a girdle in hospital. I got one when the Physio came an visited me iny room. But I haven't been able to use it as I can't pull it past my incision. However as the scar gets better wup use it. It's getting better but still red though. Also I had no follow up call by midwives or visits since I left hospital. Is this normal ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt get one Ann, may have been useful.

Mater doesn't do follow ups unless you are discharged early.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann the community nurse called 5 days after bub was born and made an appointment to come and see us after we'd been home about a week. The hospital told me to call them if I hadn't heard from them within a week, so you should definitely chase them up by calling your local Child Health Clinic.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann, you need to call 1300 366 039 and make an appointment for maternal health nurse to visit you. Info is in the red book. They will come and see you for first and maybe second visit. Or second visit you make have to go to centre.

I have been reading along, but my little one is keeping me busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Stephanie Grace was born by c-section this morning at 1:08 am. Weighed 3.390 kg. Not sure on length yet. Will update more, including a pic, when I get back home later this week

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-06-2014),ann17  (02-06-2014),Arlais  (02-06-2014),hwaterhouse  (02-06-2014),lotsathoughts  (04-06-2014),Ngaiz  (02-06-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (02-06-2014),rtkirk  (04-06-2014)