Closed Thread
Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gorgeous pics lotsa.. I wanted to get pics of Mia done but couldn't find anyone who did it for under $1000.. Does anyone know anyone in Melbourne who does it less than this???

Hang in there Nirok.. Not long to go. Like Bedlover said, enjoy your sleep while you can! Lol

What's this happy baby dummy? I'll have to look it up!

Had another tough night. I expressed a fair bit yesterday to get on top of Mia's big appetite after 5pm and she drank it all and breastfed and was still starving at midnight! What the? We ended up having to top her up with 50ml of formula and that only kept her going for a couple hours. I'm so tired

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JJ $1000?! That's so expensive. I paid around $350 all up. Maybe try gumtree, we got our wedding videographer on there, I'm sure they'd have photographers too.

We took in the slip you get at births, deaths, marriages office when you lodge your form in person and took that to Medicare. Didn't even need the birth certificate. And then used the paper Medicare slip when we went to the gp.
    We're sending off Abi's birth certificate with her passport application so we can travel to NZ in Sep to visit DH's family. So cute seeing her first passport photo.

Haven't used a dummie yet but thanks for the tip on the brands

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ - if you get really stuck until 3Jun at Greensborough Plaza
    (Greensborough Shopping Centre
    25 Main Street, Greensborough, VIC, 3088 - Customer Service should be able to give more info tel: 0394354000 )
    there is a photography stand temporarily set up on the ground floor near Medicare & lifts. Apparently they take your pics and you can collect in 1 hour, not sure of packages and types of pics. Saw it yesterday and she said they do newborns but I explained by the time we have bub & leave Hosp they'll be gone.
    Last edited by Jay11; 17-05-2014 at 11:25.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots yeah it's a joke I couldn't believe how much they are.. The session is usually hundreds of dollars and then in the fine print the minimum spend is around 1k!! Definitely out of our budget.

Thanks so much for that Jay. I was only talking to my girlfriend yesterday about pixie photos that used to be at shopping centres. I looked them up and they stopped trading last year.. I'll suss out the one at greensborough..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww I remember pixie photos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After some stalking, I've just read that Simpsondesert had a little girl last week. Yay!!

Eta-Just updating the roll call on page one so everyone knows where to find it instead of having to scroll through the pages
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 17-05-2014 at 13:47.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (17-05-2014),JJTiger  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea Ngaiz .... I prefer being able to go back to the start (similar to the testing threads etc) to find out what's going on rather than scrolling through to find the latest update.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

ConfusedCookie  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend gave me a cherry dummy to try yesterday. We used it last night and I can't believe how well Annabel took to it! I made sure she definitely wasn't hungry (refused bottle and kept coming off the boob) and it certainly helped to settle her in that witching hour where she's very grumpy in the evening. I've just offered it to her in the bassinet when she started fussing as soon as I put her down and she's happily sucking on it

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey JJ, I'm going with a girl called Ashli K photography. It's $150 for the session and then I think $300 for the package. I do agree most are ridiculously priced. She is in Doreen, which is a bit of a travel for us but the price was reasonable.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Ann on the birth of your little one, hope all is well and you are feeling ok!

Lotsa- those photos are gorgeous, now I've seen those, I'm so excited for mine in July. I'm paying similar to you where I booked- $1000 is ridiculous JJ!!

Hope you aren't waiting too much longer Nirok.

AFM: I'm almost 35wks and started maternity leave yesterday. It's so surreal but I'm so happy to be at this point.
    I had my last antenatal class today. Can I just thank all you ladies, especially the new mums for being so open about your experiences and what you've learnt along the way. Being a FTM, I'm pretty clueless but in today's class, they were asking questions and I felt like I knew a fair bit compared to the others and that is due to what you ladies have shared. A lot of today's class was about feeding and one question they asked was, how long do you think it takes before most women feel comfortable with breast feeding and the latch, etc? A few ladies said that considering we feed so regularly it probably wouldn't take long and were guessing a couple of days or a week, I said I was thinking 2mths or so and the midwife said 8-10wks. I only really thought this way after hearing about you ladies and your bubs. I couldn't help but to tell DH that I felt my bub hub addiction has put me at the top of the class, hehe! I still feel pretty clueless in many ways but feel much better after today & I know you ladies will be here for support too

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (17-05-2014),hwaterhouse  (18-05-2014),lotsathoughts  (17-05-2014)