Closed Thread
Page 28 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think reception heard my scream as OB pulled out the tape! I got a Brazilian for free! Dh was in distress he tells me later lot of pus n blood n gooey gunk. So infection n little bit of stitch has opened. So one day at a time dh has to dress everyday and keep an eye open to see I don't open anymore stitches last thing we want is restitching. Back to him next week. In the meantime let it drain.

Sorry I haven't been able to take active role in discussions for a bit girls. But I hear everyone! I feel like a bloody loser in terms of my csection while luckily for you ladies have done so well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on the arrival of your little boy Orchids! Great to hear from you but then sorry to hear about your birth experience. Thanks for sharing it with us as I had no idea that it was possible to be ready to deliver with contractions that far apart so definitely good to know. I hope writing your experience out and putting it on here helped you somewhat as well.
    I have to say that had I given birth a couple of months ago and had to do formula top ups, I don't know how I would have felt but at this stage, although I want to bf, due to you ladies being so open I'll know I'm not abnormal if I'm struggling with it. I'm also glad for the tin of formula I have tucked away in the cupboard just in case.

How you going Jay? Hope you are enjoying motherhood

Ann I'm so sorry to hear that your scar is still giving you trouble but don't be hard on yourself as different peoples' bodies go through and react to things differently. Ive heard of airing the wound (outside in sunlight if possible or even with a hair dryer) and to keep it clean and dry but I'm sure you've tried everything. I really hope it clears up for you soon!

Can't wait to hear your exciting news Catlover, I can't help but wonder if your little girl has arrived by now. Also KJ and STC, all the best for next Wednesday! Will be an exciting week for this thread.

Not sure if Ainsley is still following the thread but would love to know how her twins are going.
    What about your little girls, JB? Hope Maggie and Ava are doing well

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

ann17  (30-05-2014),Catzilla  (30-05-2014),Orchids  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nothing more to report here. Still at home waiting either for things to start, or to find out for sure what time they want me in at the hospital tomorrow evening for induction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To all the breastfeeding ladies, is anyone taking motilium or fenugreek to increase milk supply? Also has anyone made the lactation cookies?

My girlfriend mentioned this yesterday and just wondering if anyone has had any success?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jj I've been taking fenugreek for over two weeks now. All the studies say you can take quite a high dose but the naturopath at Natures Own (brand I'm taking) does not recommend it and said only to take the dose on the bottle. I seem to have had massive increase overnight :-) but am still considering Domperidone (Motilium).I've decided I definately need to see a lactation consultant and a Dr though, cause this nipple thrush just won't go away :-( I've been naughty though and self prescribing Fluconazole. It helped but hasn't quite gone so I need a prescription to get a larger quantity because it's expensive buying 1 at a time over the counter.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngaiz.. I'll give the fenugreek a go.. I should be able to get it at the chemist or do you need to go to a health food shop?

You poor thing with thrush.. I thought I might have it as mine were itching but my lactation nurse said that was normal?? Definitely get it checked thru your GP.. I'm seeing our council lactation nurse, it's free and she's a great help.. I'm seeing her again Thursday as this is doing my head in! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pharmacies sell it Jj.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ugh! Got on the scales this morning just for interest to see where I finished up, and somehow I'd managed to stack on an extra 4kg in just a week and a half since my previous weigh in. Up to 38 weeks, I'd only put on a total of 7.3kg; so it was rather shocking to see that I'd put on so much more in such a short space of time.

Oh well. Off to the hospital in about 3.5 hours to be admitted and get ready for induction.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry Cat, you've done so well. I stacked on 18kg in the end and I've lost 14kg of that already. So much is fluid, blood and my 4kg fatty

All the best for induction, can't wait to hear from you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    One last shot before I head in; taken not long ago. Now I DO feel as big as I look. I can barely move.

40 Weeks.jpg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (31-05-2014)