Closed Thread
Page 25 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol bedlover I love your descriptive vent so much I was laughing with tears rolling down my face. Probably not so funny for you though. JJ and bedlover the lack of sleep is what is making me a bit nervous as I know I can get cranky and DH has moderate hearing loss since birth so I know he won't hear most of it which will frustrate me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What is it with these men hearing the baby and not even getting up? Lexi was woken by dh alarm this morning, only an hour after I just got her back to sleep. I kicked him and told him that since it was time for him to get up he may as well get her.

Other than that he's been pretty good but thinks he is much more tired than I am

She slept for 5 hour straight last night and it was soooooo good.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 28-05-2014 at 17:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bedlover I couldn't imagine having another DS or DD to look after too.. You are doing a great job! DH is doing my head in too!! You crack me up and I'm so glad I'm not the only one.. He has been helping around the house but when he does change a nappy, Mia either wee's all over the change table or he doesn't put the nappy on properly and she leaks everywhere in her bassinette.. Guess who ends up cleaning it all while he's out cold snoring? Ahhhhhh... You've got to laugh about it otherwise we'd go mental!!

Ngaiz woo hoo to 5 hours sleep! Go Lexi, good girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm feeling very fortunate with a DH that will do whatever he can and a baby that regularly sleeps a 5-6 hr stretch each night. Actually it's prob the big block of sleep that is saving us from going mental as we both feel like we are getting good sleep. Better than late pregnancy where I would toss and turn for hours keeping us both awake. I find so many of you amazing for dealing with the challenges you are facing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, :thumbup: to those of you dealing with another child as well!

Am I the only one ready to cycle again? How long do you generally have to wait after c-section? I'm guessing it's 6-12 months?....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard it's best to wait 18 months to get pregnant, but 12 months is generally what is recommended. It's mostly to give your uterine scar time to become strong enough and minimize the potential for the developing placenta to adhere to the scar.

We said that Annabel would be our only bub, but we're waiting until she's 12 months old to make a final decision

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz after DS we were wanting to go again as soon as possible. He was born end Feb, it took 6 mths for my period to come back then we tried the old fashioned way for a couple of months just in case and then were back at the FS early Dec. I had to stop BF before we could cycle so we did a frozen transfer in Jan and I was 6 weeks pg by DSs first bday! Unfortunately this was the baby we lost at 17 weeks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone and congrats to the new arrivals! To all the ladies not getting much sleep I feel your pain. Since the first week, the longest she has slept is 3.5 hours but this past few nights she is feeding every 1.5-2 hours. 6 week growth spurt perhaps but hoping she stretches it out a bit soon.

I found this useful article on breastfeeding http://www.**********.com.au/breastf...s#.U4VqK7EaxaA which might be helpful for some of you. Some great info and advice.

Ann, I hope your pain eases for you soon and you can start to enjoy your little one.

Bedlover, hope you get some rest soon. My DH has learned not to complain about being tired to me any more. Thankfully before any blood or broken cups! Ha ha.

Well I'm getting to go out tonight. Have been expressing around 50ml every day and building it up in the freezer in case it's needed. Tried Madeleine with a bottle this afternoon and she took it no problem. Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bedlover you are too funny- at least you still have your sense of humour.

I had a conversation with my DH last night who does help heaps with bubs, but doesn't do much else around the house and when he comes home from work sits in front of the TV like a lump. I said I feel like a 50s housewife and he needed to snap out of it. So far so good.

Big tired hugs to all the sleep deprived ladies - mums and pregnant ladies. My bubs has entered his crying phase. My maternal nurse told me about it on monday and it started that night. she jinxed us! I have sleep envy Ngaiz and hwaterhouse. Glad it's helping to preserve the sanity.

Excited that there will be 3 new bubs next week, KJ, STC and Catlover! Am I forgetting anyone? Enjoy your last week of pregnancy - soon you will be holding your bub in your arms. Best feeling ever!

Ngaiz my DH and i aren't sure we will go back for another child. We decided that we would postpone the conversation till bubs is 6mnths and see how we feel. May I ask what made you change your mind on having another Arlias?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Although I'm grateful I have one healthy baby, I've always wanted a large family and would love 5 kids (call me crazy). I'm one of four and always thought one more sibling would be awesome. I know that this probably isn't going to happen now so I would like my babies to grow up with their cousins. Catch is, they're in NZ and there's no way my brother will move his family here so we will have to go back. We've decided we will go back in time for Lexi to start school so this give us 5 years to try for as many as possible. Ivf in nz is minimum $10k OOP (not including freezing then they charge more just to thaw and virtually no rebates if your embies don't survive) and a FET can be up to $5K. There is public funding available but once you have 2 children you don't qualify. And if it doesn't work you only get one more cycle subsidized. So the only way to have the best of both worlds is to cycle again as soon as I'm allowed. I'm also going to look into transporting embryos overseas or see if I would still qualify for Medicare bring a citizen even if I'm not living here. I would happily come back for FET.