Closed Thread
Page 23 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As long as I try and rest as much as I can during the day (even if I don't sleep much), and put my feet up somewhat to help the fluid in my feet and legs drain away a bit; that should make things at least a little easier to cope with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been reading along and thanks ladies for all tips can't wait to them in practice next week when we finally get to meet our little one....just finished work today finally so managed to work upto 38wks so ready to finish though and put my feet up 9days till we meet him now booed in at 7.30am next Wednesday for CSection so impatient

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've started watching for the "sleep window", when she's starting to show her tired signs, but still calm.

Even if she's wide awake I'll take her to bed where the lights are dim and it's fairly quiet, I'll swaddle her, give her a feed and offer her the dummy while I rock her to sleep. Then I pop her in the bassinet with a blanket tucked in firmly.

I don't swaddle her during the day unless she's really unsettled, so it acts as a signal that it's time for a long sleep - I think that's the big difference.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (26-05-2014),Ngaiz  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo Catlover! You're only days away from meeting your little princess! Can't wait to hear all about it but rest up as much as you can over these next few days (despite all the aches and pains)

Not long to go KJ, next Wednesday will be here before you know it!! I can't believe you only finished work today- what an awesome effort! Make sure you get some time to yourself now and take it easy!

Hwaterhouse- I hope you can get onto the possible mastitis before it gets painful, really hoping it doesn't get to that point but it's good to know what signs to look out for

Go Annabel! What a good little girl sleeping through for her mummy, fingers crossed it's the start of many settled nights for you, Arlais! What you said makes sense, the midwife at our classes mentioned getting bub ready for bed before that restless stage (as soon as the tired signs start) as it's so much harder to settle baby when they get past that point and they're frustrated. I also like what you said about not swaddling at day and making it a night time thing!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (26-05-2014),Catzilla  (26-05-2014),hwaterhouse  (26-05-2014),KJ35  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it normal for me to be hungry ALL the time?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same Amps!

And it's been made even harder as Abigail is having a growth spurt and won't go down. The only time she's sleeping is when I hold her or rock her. I'd say she lasts max 15 mins in her bassinet during the day before crying. I'm tired and hungry so have her in a sling or baby wrap and carry her hands free when I need to eat. Thank God for our rocking chair too. The movement helps her sleep in my arms.

On a positive note I got my first social smile today!! She is 6 weeks on Friday. 😁

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah KJ, we're booked in for our C-section next Wed too, at 11.00am. Aaargh, only 8 more sleeps & I'll be a mummy!! Xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stc76 For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stc76 our little ones will share a birthday...I can't wait to him now, my first day of maternity leave today and I had a lovely lay in this morning and a afternoon nap think I was more worn out than I thought

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

stc76  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ you are a brave girl working upto 38 weeks, put your feet up a bit! Hope you aren't too busy running around getting all the things last minute like I did ! I too got really impatient in my last week !

In terms of feeding she takes 100 mls every 3 hrs - starts stirring around on her feed hour! She is 2 weeks tom. Sleeps most of the day and evenings but after midnight she likes to stay up so we change that by trying to keep her up late evenings early night while we are up / sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. While she may be unsettled and cry in bits and pieces she doesn't create a ruckus or drive us to tears. i have been so lucky due to my pain dh has been doing all feeds and changes at night ALL. Most of the times he sleeps in the lounge with her in the lounge with her in the bassinette. But I have said to leave her in the room with me now as I feel something is missing. He gets stuffy very quickly so sleeps in the 2 nd room. Past couple of nights I have woken up for the 2:30 ish feed and early morning ones, felt so sorry for dh. Sometimes bub wants a top off at 1.5 hrs between feeds but only about 30 ml.

Pain is still there! Today's dh bday but can't even have a sit down lunch or dinner. Feel like iam getting better but the incision is still swollen more when I try to do too much but settles if I rest and take it really easy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROUGH couple of days.

Need sleep, wine and a massage.....