Closed Thread
Page 21 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay glad to hear Hilton is doing better and you are off the tube feeding. Hope you are recovering well.

Ann glad to hear your ob took your situation seriously and you are on the mend. The description of your pain sounded so bad- you are a strong lady to put up with it for as long as you did.

Wow Riss, Catlover and Hope4 it will be you ladies sharing your birthing stories soon. How exciting! Not long to go for all the June ladies now.

Ngaiz you just can't catch a break can you? My supply was affected by my mastitis and I have never managed to get it back again. How are you finding it with your second bout?

I have the maternal health nurse tomorrow and will be asking about the mothers group in my area. Has anyone gone/ been to them before? Also this is what my life is like now. I'm so excited cause the Grand Prix is on which my DH loves so will stay up and watch it so he said he would do the 11/12 pm feed. I get to have 5-6 hours of sleep! Heaven!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You lucky lady rtkirk. Dh gets up at 4:30am for work so when bub is a bit older and we arent feeding on demand, he is going to get up and and do a 4am feed so I can sleep through.

Mastitis second time round isnt as bad. It came on really fast. This morning I had no lumps or pain (I check each morning in the shower and give the girls a massage) but by 3pm after 2 lazy feeds on that side I was starting to hurt so headed straight to the dr. I double dosed on my anti biotics and took a concoction of pain killers. I expressed while massaging around 6pm in agony with the shakes and a fever and its now 11:30pm and I'm feeding her from that side now, absolutely no pain. Think I might ask for more anti biotics just so I can have them on hand. I desperately want to bf for at least 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So regarding the expressing of milk, can I ask does it affect the quantity of milk you produce for the next breast feed?
    im thinking of doing it tomorrow morning for the first time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for those tips about bf!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also do you express everyday and would you do it at the same time?
    rt kirk I will be going to my first mothers group today, will let you know.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Erin has mostly expressed breast milk, I'm only putting her to the breast once or twice a day. The quality stays the same unless you are ill. I am giving a formula feed occasionally as I have started to freeze some ebm. We plan to try for another baby when my cycle starts again but want to give Erin bm for at least 6months, hopefully 9mths.
    A formula tin will give you a guide as to how many mls for their age. Between 6-8 feeds in 24hrs is a good amount. This is what the lc told me.
    I kept a log of her feeds, amounts, wees, poos, pukes etc up to her 6 weeks check-up. Now I'm just going with the flow, but if I feel things are going off I will write everything down so I can tell doc/nurse whats been going on.
    I don't really enjoy bf, it can be a little painful and is so time-consuming. I did feel bad at first but I have to do what makes me feel comfortable and that will help keep Erin happy.

Hope things have eased for you Ann, sorry to hear you've had so much pain.

Ngaiz, I can sympathise about the mastitis but like you I jumped on it straight away. I will be going to my gp to get a script for more domperidone to keep my supply going strong and ask for antibiotic script as a precaution(will only take if needed)

Hope everyone is doing ok and can't wait to see the next births!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    Bedlover- I have an electric steriliser and was thinking of leaving the sterilised bottles in there too. I think I read somewhere that they stay sterile for up to 24hrs in there so I'm guessing you'd have to re-sterilise before if you weren't using bottles all the time?
    Yup, mine says 24 hrs in the electric sterilizer too. I put mine on every night before bed so it was ready for the next day - but I was expressing and DH was doing a bottle feed every day.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (26-05-2014),JJTiger  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda - it usually takes 2 hrs for your milk to "refill" so I would pick a time when bub tends to have a longer sleep so you have time to refill after the feed and then refill after expressing. And maybe only express on one side first go in case bub wakes up earlier than expected.

I used to do it at the same time every day but that was just because it was convenient for me - I don't think it matters if it's the same time or not.

We found DS would have a bath then DH would give bottle and he would sleep from 7 til after midnight. So I would have dinner and then about 9pm express from both sides. I found I would get enough for the next nights feed plus extra to freeze for back up. And then would be fine to BF when he woke up.

Hope this helps in working out what suits you best!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (26-05-2014),Team panda  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bed lover thanks. I did an express this morning at 6.30 from one side only and stopped at 70 ml as I was worried V would wake early and need another bf. (though I did feed her from the other side at 5.30.) but they can be so unpredictable. I will try tonight at 9ish too though as that sounds like a good time when she will hopefully be sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To those who have had mastitis how did it start? I have felt headachy and achy all over today and a bit shaky. My boobs aren't sore though so I'm hoping it's nothing serious. Did anyone have flu symptoms before breast pain?