Closed Thread
Page 19 of 108 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're not alone there Jj. L will have a couple of little ones and one massive one that goes everywhere.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (24-05-2014),JJTiger  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You girls crack me up- remember I stol can't really laugh hard girls!

Jay I am so happy to read that Hilton is here safe n sound and he looks absolutely adorable lying on his tummy! Newborn babies make my heart melt.

Ok so girls yep dr cld see me in pain, when he came to get and saw dh helping me out of the chair and me walking doubled up to his room! I normally started off doubled up when I stand holding my belly then slowly straightening up. So as I entered his rm the first thing I said was- next time bloody well induce me! He replied its funny how many ladies who have had vag birth say that to me after experiencing a c section!

No infection set in yet but cause its swollen n red we are taking precaution n started me on antibiotics. Now girls today I do feel the burning easing off slightly but the insides still do hurt so making progress very slowly but at least not going backwards. OB was fantastic helping me in n out of the medic bed! And very gentle in scanning (unfort) on my incision. Like he said n like I knew unfort my recovery rates slow - I mean I was in bed for 2 weeks after lap n one week after epus!! He wrote me more endones / good to know he trusts me as they are very hesitant with endones but he cld see I needed it. In return I have stopped endone during the day but still managing with tramadol n other stuff n taking endone at night. So I will slowly wean tramadol.

Theres more I wld like to add but gotta go feed now girls. But thx you guys for asking for me it feels good. A few days ago I was in tears and felt so abandoned but after seeing OB I feel much better and he puts his pen down looks into my eyes and listens. That's what I wanted in an OB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad you are feeling slightly better Ann. And hopefully on the mend now.

Congrats to all new bubs arrivals! Love the pics and mid labour updates jay!

Jj. Poosplosions happen to everyone at some stage. my DS did his fair share that's for sure.

Well June ladies its all up to us now.

I have under 4 weeks left and placenta has moved up, so I'm good to go vag birth, yay!

I have been extremely busy. Working up until I go into labour, then have to come into work for 3 weeks after when my office girl has decided to take annual leave. Long story but should be able to manage running most things from home remotely and only come into work a couple of mornings. Can't do much when it's a family business. It's just me DH and office girl.

Anyway. The last trimester has gone so fast. Trying to enjoy the last few weeks of bubs squirming around inside me. I'm going to miss that. And will miss my belly. But looking forward to seeing his little face soon.

Hoping to have as much of my labour at home as I can. I hate hospitals. Then last as long as I can go in hospital before its epidural time. Depends on how much sleep I can manage before hand. This reflux/heartburn has reduced my sleep to a couple of hours a night, if that. So Exhausted.

Thank you so much for posting on breast feeding pros/cons etc. I didn't make it past 2weeks bf DS, but I really really want to bf for as long as I can this time round. Sorry again that I don't post much, but I read as much as I can when I'm not busy. I love reading all the baby updates!

36w1d and counting. Oooo it's getting close. Can't wait to hear your story next cat.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hope4Baby For This Useful Post:

ann17  (24-05-2014),JJTiger  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Jay on your gorgeous boy!

Having a smile at all the posts coming through in the early hours of the morning

JJ, I have gone up to the next size of nappies for Matthew which is helping with any leakage up the top.

We had a terrible night last night with Matthew having lots of pain and wind. He was up most of the night and seemed to be in pain. Wish I knew if it was just his immature digestive system or something else. Hope it means he's tired tonight.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you are having such a hard time Ann. Hope you are on the mend now xx.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngiaz I'm thinking I may follow Save Our Sleep more precisely. Yesterday bubs was fantastic. I didn't express milk like the author strongly recommends but I was able to follow the sleep routine from midday onwards. V went down at 7 pm beautifully and I did a dream feed at 10. V woke up at 1.30 and 6.30am for feeds. Today was totally different. I wasnt on board with the recommended sleep times today. Apart from that V just didn't want to sleep. Tonight has been another ordeal trying to get her down and the idea of doing a dream feed has been thrown out the window. She should have been in bed at 7pm for it to work, in the end it took us until close to 9 pm. She is sleeping now . I haven't used the pump yet but would like to express Monday morning. I will try to follow her times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for you congratulations and welcoming our son. He is still in nursery but hopefully tonight he'll be out of the humidi crib and in an open crib for the first time ... Progress!

I was soooo disappointed with myself asking for an epi or should i say demanding an epi at only 5cm but I knew I couldn't have done it without. I was hoping to avoid any assistance but now realise that there is no way bub would be doing so well despite still being in the nursery if I hadn't. I started at 10.40pm 22May and was doing well until back spasm threw me so had water injections at 10.30am after bath triggered stronger contraction, tried gas in between then epi at 11.15am after back spasms with contractions were too much and I was exhausted but only 5cm after ev, waters broken & first attempt to turn bub as he was still on his side and he didn't arrive until 3.18pm 23may. Our bodies aren't designed to be stressed for so long it's draining and with the hormones and worrying about our babies our bodies go through a lot. I even had to be cut.

You can only do so much before you have to put bub first even the top up feeds for me is something I've had to accept as it's the best for my baby and I will be able to bf but if I need to top up its fine as it's great for hubby to do topups and he loves doing it and getting his time.
    We do a tag team now that bub is off feed tube.
    I start with just me and bub & do bf for as long as poss then when he starts to get exhausted I let hubby know he preps bottle and if nappy change is needed we do that together then I hand bub to hubby and it's his time to top up and he puts bub down after. We are both enjoying the bonding and shared time too. We can only make the best of the situation as is we can't change anything that has happened but we can celebrate our son!
    Attachment 55076

JJ - just curious with explosions do you run a finger around legs to make sure the channels around the nappy are not folded in. Just a thought. Otherwise if you have nappy liners if it's going up the back you can put a liner folded just above bum in the back arch area to help fill the gap and catch the crap. Good luck.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1400936237.745062.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well done Jay, what a massive effort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good attitude Jay and love the pics! Sounds like you are working everything out and focusing on advantages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats again Jay, so happy you have your little miracle in your arms.

Sounds like you had it tough. Unfortunately things don't always go to plan but as long as you are both fine now, that's all that matters..

Thanks for the nappy tips.. Yes I do pull out the sides.. DH forgot to last night so it leaked everywhere and I had to change Mia for the 3rd time including all her bedding as it had leaked thru! OMG.

I've mentioned it before but for all the soon to be mummies, I highly recommend getting a pack of cloth nappies.. I go thru at least 3-4 a day just using them to cover the change table and on top of the fitted sheet in the bassinette in case there are leakages.. Etc... Usually saves you having to wash everything. Also I use them when feeding/burping as milk goes all over the place!

For all those sterilising bottles, do you leave the bottles in the steriliser until you need to use them? I've been drying them on a paper towel until I need them but just read you should store them in the steriliser until you need to use them?? (Once they are sterilised) thanks JJ