Closed Thread
Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello ladies, sorry for being MIA. Firstly congratulations to Kitty, Nirok, JB, Simpson and thanks for sharing your incredible stories! There are also some beautiful pics of gorgeous bubbies!

Baby front, she is doing great. Eating every 3 hours at 90ml / she has been increasing everyday though. Today was my real due date! Bubs is now a week old.

One of the reasons why i haven't been on here is ( after getting discharged on Sun) I am in constant excruciating pain where the incisions made. It is extremely painful ESP one side ( I feel it swollen there too and dh said its getting redder everday). I have been crying almost all day yest and very sensitive and short fused with DH, anything he says and iam in tears, simply because iam in so much pain. Dh is doing a fantastic job, he slept in hosp everyday did every feed and change and still is the one who wakes up for night feeds as getting around for me is too painful. DH has spoken to OB who had said that the pain shd be manageable now so we are seeing him on Fri. But Ob is great. In fact he wanted to keep me in on Sun too but I just wanted to come home.

I can lightly touch my incision on one side and it feels swollen, the pain is like its on fire. I am on panadol, voltaren which is absolutely not doing anything and Oxycodone (every 4 hrs administered in the hosp but cut back alot at home since I only have 20 and taking it sparingly ) I was on this at the hosp plus a long release drug and tramadol (sometimes) It makes me even more upset thinking that something is really wrong with me and feel stupid that nobody here has really complained about unbearable pain. Iam not sure if its the roll of my belly that sits on the stitches that's actually hindering recovery or it has been only one week so its natural to be in pain? Standing up is a killer, I walk around doubled up mostly leaning on things every so often, nevertheless I do my small walks.

Iam very lucky that bubs is very placid, she sleeps through the day and evening but is a bit a night owl after midnight so we have sort of solved it by trying to keep her up evenings and early part of night. She does do dummy for comfort sucking but we are able to distinguish hunger. So she's all good but mummy's a mess with pain. I hope I havent pulled something, but the nurses said that one side tends to hurt more where the OB has been standing with the retractor during op. anyone else was in pain one week in? And what's with the crying and being mad and impatient with dh ? He took us out for a short drive to the parklands this arvo to get me out of the house which was good. My sisters here handling meals and domestics with dh so at least I can rest that way. I feel so sorry for dh as he is doing alot and probably going through his own emotions and walking on egg shells around me. But he won't complain how tired he is but I know and I still can't help being agitated by him even when he is trying to help me. This pain is controlling me.

so sorry for the long me post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ann that sounds terrible. I remember I was in a lot of pain the first day and that it was cutting through the meds. But after that it was largely under control and I was taking the same drugs as you have mentioned above. I'm week 4 at the moment and it's still quite tender, one side is still more sore than the other.
    I remember a week after the procedure we went out for a walk and I lasted ten minutes as it was killing me. Don't worry it's totally understandable being short with your DH, pain will do that to you.
    by the way my second day home I had a total meltdown too, crying and sobbing. I think the hormones have a lot to do with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Panda thx I see you still awake! Like us! Night owl is up but at least not really crying, DH is watching tv with her! I had two endones at 11 pm getting ready for bed but no real difference although pain is slightly down, maybe more the way I sit down holding my belly away from the incision. It's such a burning stinging pain. Thx once again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann, sounds not right to me. I have more pain on one side than the other, but nothing as bad as you described, even on day 1 and I was only on Endone, oxy, panadol and Voltaran back then. By one week I was down to occasional panadol and voltarin only with the occasional twinge of pain and minor difficulty standing initially.

I had an epidural infection with DS and you know your body and know when it's not right, so hound them til they sort you out. I am no Dr but hot and sore says infection to me. Bring on Friday xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with Bedlover, get them to check whether it's an infection. It happened to my friend too she ended up back in hospital again for two nights after her cs.
    I stopped taking pain killers from about day 9/10 after the procedure. I didn't take endone at all as the pain was manageable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay berra-scans are always exciting.

Ann-I agree with bedlover that you should see ob asap. I know everyone is different but you shouldn't be in that much pain.

I have a question, how long after csection did others bleed for. I know it can last up to 6 weeks but I thought it would be slowing down by now after 3 weeks. It's not what I consider heavy but it's still bright red.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra - movicol is fine during pregnancy.. I asked my OB back then.. Hope it manages it for you as I know it's terrible.. My constipation got worse a couple days after having Mia..

Ann that definitely doesn't sound right.. You shouldn't feel like that a week on. I was taking tramadol for the first couple weeks.. And now don't need anything, only the odd panadol.. It sounds like an infection to me like the ladies said... Hope tomorrow comes quick for you. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz I just stopped bleeding a few days ago - and Remy was 4 weeks yesterday.

The midwife told me to expect an increase in bleeding around 2-3 weeks as bub increases feeding at that time and that means uterus contracts more which = red blood.

A few days ago I was getting completely over it and then the next day it stopped!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks bedlover-I'm getting over it and so is dh

Was so good not having to worry about it for 9 months!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Ann- hang in there. Sounds like it might be an infection? if the area is swollen, hot to touch, or weeps I'd get to someone today. Also check your temp. one if my best buds got one from their c section and was so much better after anti-biotics, it shouldn't hurt that much by now. She did everything 'right' but I think it can occasionally happen no matter how you look after the wound. Let us know how u go and take care!!