Closed Thread
Page 10 of 108 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz happy 3 weeks today Lexi!
    Yeah it might be the end of a growth spurt, I'm not sure.. Going to the GP tomorrow for my whooping cough injection so I'll double check then.. Ahhhhh!! I'm stressing about everything.. She's crying too much, then she's not crying at all and I freak out! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bedlover Just saw your post.. That's what my DH said! Lol I'll see what the GP says tomorrow x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Grrr, I now have nipple thrush. I can't bloody win! It's worse than mastitis!

On a positive note, we had our first trip out without dh today (Ive been told I shouldn't drive but I've never been one to follow the rules). We did OK. I'm still not confident enough to feed in public so I fed in the loo but at least I was comfortable.

Not long for you now Jay!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my- I've never heard of nipple thrush- ngaiz, You poor thing!! I hope there is something out there that can give u relief.

Jj- hope your little Mia perks up and that it is just normal sleepiness with growth spurt. Let us know how she goes tomorrow.

Jeannie- I love the photos! He has the cutest little mouth!! Gorgeous!

AFM- I am so over painting!!!! Bloody exhausting business but I can't stop now that I've started! I'm wondering if ill get any break before the baby comes...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jj it's good to get a doctors opinion just to put your mind at ease. You've just reminded me I need to get my whooping cough booster too.
    Jay I like the sound of Baby Connect, I'd like to record my feed times as I already write them down.
    Ngaiz I'm fast learning where all the baby change rooms are on my outings. Yesterday I fed bubs in one and it was actually quite peaceful and nice.
    Berrabrooder get that painting done now, you will be thankful for it later.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ glad you mentioned that as Ellie is 3 weeks today and much more drowsy than usual. She's not feeding with her usual enthusiasm and nodding off more frequently. Hopefully it's just coming off last weeks growth spurt.

I use an app which you can also sync across devices to track feeds, sleep, nappies etc called MammaBaby. I'm impressed with it. Doesn't warn you of growth spurts but my What to Expect app does so very generally.

Sorry to hear about your nipples Ngaiz. You can't catch a break! I'd have given up breastfeeding by now!!

Hope you finish the painting soon Berra.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (21-05-2014),Team panda  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might check out those apps ladies- like you hwaterhouse we write feeds, changes down on a notepad on the fridge. But it only goes for a week so can't see long term patterns.

JJ I'm sure everything is ok with Ellie but like Bedlover said trust your instincts and get it checked if you are worried. I know what you mean I worry if Lucas sleeps too long btw feeds then I worry he's not eating enough. I still go and check if he's breathing at least 5 times a sleep! It's crazy.

Ngaiz sorry you are sick again. I feel for you if it's worse than mastitis! Congrats on your first outing. It feels like such an achievement doesn't it? By the way I have found the big shopping centres have great parent rooms.

hope you finish painting soon Berra. I'm sure your nursery will look fantastic.

We we have our vaccines tomorrow so nervous that bubs will be ok. I think it will hurt me just as much as Lucas. Making my DH come with us in case I loose it!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (21-05-2014),Team panda  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I went to Coles tonight and was a bit disappointed to see they only had Happy Baby dummies in a 3 pack for $4.75. Seeing I already spent over $30 on dummies that make Remy gag I wasn't keen to fork out a heap more but thought this would be my last ditch attempt.

She has been unsettled since about 4pm and at 6pm I tried the new dummy and she promptly told us she thought it was rubbish, so I figured we just have a baby who doesn't like dummies - fair enough.

So fast forward to 9.30pm when after multiple feeds and a bath she is still unsettled and won't sleep for more than 15 mins. She is crying and I go in and rather than pick her up I grab the new dummy and try one last time. Hurrah! She takes it and immediately is quiet. She is now in her bed happily sucking away and I am about to drift off myself, feeling extremely thankful to the makers of Happy Baby dummies and to all you ladies who suggested trying them! Xxx

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (21-05-2014),hwaterhouse  (21-05-2014),JJTiger  (21-05-2014),rtkirk  (21-05-2014),Team panda  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hwaterhouse, I'm pretty close to it.

Berra-I have heard of it before as I work in pharmacy but I didn't realize what it actually was. I thought it was similar to vaginal thrush, itching etc. Far from it! It doesn't present with any obvious symptoms other than shooting pain from the nipple back through the ducts deep in the breast, slight itching, dry/flaky aereola. Lexi has oral thrush too, which is what prompted me to consider this might be what was causing so much discomfort.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know Ngaiz it's strange though I still can't believe he's due this month never mind in a few days now ..... Even stranger is I still forget I'm pregnant sometimes when he's not moving around or poking out in some strange position . I'm still waiting for him to run out of room and slow down but as soon as hubby speaks even on the ph Jnr starts moving and grooving ... Lives dads voice already