+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big hugs. I've been in a very similar situation.

I started giving my DS a 'special box' for when I was getting bub to sleep. It has toys in it he really likes that only come out at baby sleep times to keep him quiet. Or I'd put on a DVD and give him a snack.

But yes he'd still come in at times wanting something and I'd often lose it too. It's very hard trying to manage it. He'd bang on the door and scream if I closed it. But he's really improved with time, baby is 9 months now.

For the days their naps didn't sync up I'd feel like crying, so tired.

DH and I would often argue about it all too.

If.you have anyone else to help give you a break for an hour, tomorrow if not today, then try to arrange something or do something for yourself when the kids are in bed, bubble bath, glass of wine, whatever you want.

Hugs xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so exhausted, I can't even think straight and I'm crying while typing this.

Both kids are awake now and I don't want to go for a walk, I'm too tired and too depressed plus I've been out today already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    So they did sleep? Were you able to rest?

I used to just go and sit under a tree in a park and let the older kids run around. Or sit on the beach. Staying home when I felt that way made it worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry if I sound like such a grump and all over the place. I can't even think straight.

DH just rang and I just burst into tears again on the phone and now he's coming home. Now the baby is asleep but the toddler is still awake, now watching tv.

That's another thing I feel so guilty about he is watching far too much tv it's just so stressful because I can't get anything done and the baby can't sleep otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Sorry if I sound like such a grump and all over the place. I can't even think straight.

DH just rang and I just burst into tears again on the phone and now he's coming home. Now the baby is asleep but the toddler is still awake, now watching tv.

That's another thing I feel so guilty about he is watching far too much tv it's just so stressful because I can't get anything done and the baby can't sleep otherwise.
    Stop stressing about the TV. Honestly if I added up how much I had to ignore one child while another got my attention I'd go stir crazy. ALL my kids have watched too much TV from time to time but now they're older they barely watch it and are intelligent functioning kids.

You need to do what you need to do to get through the day. TV, iPads, chocolate, rewards - do whatever it takes. Your kids will be fine.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (16-05-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Stop stressing about the TV. Honestly if I added up how much I had to ignore one child while another got my attention I'd go stir crazy. ALL my kids have watched too much TV from time to time but now they're older they barely watch it and are intelligent functioning kids.

You need to do what you need to do to get through the day. TV, iPads, chocolate, rewards - do whatever it takes. Your kids will be fine.
    Oh yeah, DS1 has had any or all of those at times when I've needed to attend to DS2. He used to often come in the room when I was trying to put DS2 to sleep and I would just lose my sh!t as both kids are awful sleepers. Just take a break, let your kid watch a movie and try to recharge a little. We've all been there *hug*

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree, don't stress about the tv, I had to use it a lot when my two were little as well. It kept us sane. If you're able, you can sit and watch with them, talk about what you watch and build some games around it. Or just use it as cuddle/rest/bonding time.

Now that my two are older, they're not that worried about watching tv, they can take it or leave it. They watch it when they need some down time eg when I'm getting dinner or if I need them to rest between outings. Often they will put on a show, but then switch off the tv and play a game they make up based on the show, or play something else entirely. I think because we watched it a lot when they were little, it's no novelty to them now they are older, so they can really take it or leave it.

The phase you are in now is probably the most demanding one of motherhood. So just do what you need to, to get you through to the end of the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to send a few big hugs your way, SAgirl. TV, and some kiddie DVD's. were a saviour for me when DS2 came along when DS1 was 17 months old. They were tough times!! I hope you have a good afternoon when hubby comes home. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I've been feeling slightly better after my big cry I'm having a cup of tea while DS1 watches tv and DS2 is still sleeping... He finally fell asleep. Wish it was me.

Oh well. DH isn't home yet, still waiting.

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you're feeling a little better, I hope you get a decent rest tonight