+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I'm going to snap.

I can't take this anymore. I am sick to death of being exhausted, I'm sick to death of DH not considering looking after 2 kids as work, I'm sick of every time I try and put DS2 down for a sleep DS1 DELIBERATELY comes in and makes a noise to wake him up.

I am beyond angry right now. ****!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hugs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    DD2 did this with DS. can you shut the door? I know it's extremel and feels harsh but she just wouldn't stay out of his room no matter how much I tried to keep her entertained so I had to lock her out. After a couple of sleeps she stopped coming in.

As for your DH I'm sorry but he's gotten away with so much. He needs to step up. Have you explained to him how tough it is without his help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I'm putting DS2 down then I do close the door but unfortunately they can't lock. Otherwise I would, but he would still be calling out 'mummy open door' from the other side really loudly anyway

DS 2 was asleep in my arms and I was just tucking him in when DS1 came in. I basically screamed at him coz I was so angry (I'm so exhausted and I am feeling very depressed again) but even when I yell at him he just doesn't seem to get it he just keeps on playing or whatever.

And then afterwards I just had to ignore him and I was typing this in my phone to just zone out before I snapped and he came over and said 'mummy cuggle' and then I picked him up and cuddled him and he goes 'sowwy mummy'

I just wanted to cry

As for DH. I can't even be bothered talking anymore. It's exhausting and he doesn't care. I just have to deal with it.

He does help when he's here, he plays with DS1 while I'm sorting DS2, he baths DS1 every night and gets him ready for bed etc. he also holds DS2 and plays with him when he's upset, but there are a lot of other things he does that **** me off

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh SAgirl I feel for you.

I'm going through something very similar with my DD1 at the moment. We have a 8 week old Bub and every time I finally (after ages of rocking etc) get her to sleep DD1 will do the same and do something to wake her.

I'm also feeling depressed. I had pnd with my first and have suffered depression most of my adult life and I feel it creeping back which sucks because I felt like I was doing so well.

I just want to give you a cyber hug and say I know how you feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old is your DS1? Would he respond to a sticker chart yet? You could set one up to help reinforce the wanted behavior of being quiet when DS2 goes to sleep. Explain if he stays out and plays quietly while you put him down he gets a sticker. Then remember to give the sticker and praise as soon as you come out of DS2's room so he associates the reward with the right behavior. I know it seems like a bit of work, especially in the haze of sleep deprivation, but it will help set new habits.

Now if only sticker charts could work on our husbands!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My day is just getting worse

Why is it that when I'm so ****en tired the kids refuse to sleep?!!??

Wish I could just get a break.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I know the feeling. I have had some really awful days when the kids were little. They may not be sleeping if they're picking up on your stress. Do you have a double pram? I used to put them in the double pram and go for a long walk. They usually slept and I felt better for getting out.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hugs sagirl. try to give yourself a time out. plonk the kids in front of the tv, and take a coffee break. Or start preparing tonights dinner, so you can maybe get a rest later in the afternoon. try not to stress about whatever housework might be waiting, do the basic necessities, or just do what you can in 30 mins, and then stop. I often think we mothers are our own worse enemy, because we put too many demands on ourselves and then get annoyed when we find we cant do it all. hugs, and try to relax, tomorrow is another day. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Really feel for you SAgirl. Have you told anyone else (DH, parents, friends) that you are feeling like you're at breaking point? Now might be a good time to ask someone close to you for help. Sounds like you might need a break right now. X