+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How are you travelling @No3please? Hope you're doing ok and have lots of support xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing ok, severe left cramping and spotting was very very minimal, so FS wants more bloods tomorrow. I'm thinking that he's thinking ectopic - but I'm just speculating.

I'm now of the frame of mind that I'm willing to keep doing this over and over again until we succeed so I need to emotionally detach for the first 12 weeks. Sounds cruel, but I think I'm in survival mode.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by No3please View Post
    I'm doing ok, severe left cramping and spotting was very very minimal, so FS wants more bloods tomorrow. I'm thinking that he's thinking ectopic - but I'm just speculating.

I'm now of the frame of mind that I'm willing to keep doing this over and over again until we succeed so I need to emotionally detach for the first 12 weeks. Sounds cruel, but I think I'm in survival mode.
    I don't think it's cruel whatsoever but if you can then you're stronger than me. I've tried to do that with these last two pregnancies but have failed. I think maybe my DH has succeeded a little with this pregnancy but I just find it impossible not to symptom check and freak out.

I mc'd naturally in December and felt the cramping and pain all over my lower belly and definitely worse in my very lower back....exactly like the beginning of labour. Mild lower back ache overnight with some mild spotting and then the bad labour-like contractions during my flight to Adelaide which was about 2.5hrs, getting to the worst part while picking up our baggage and then I lost the intact sac while picking up our hire car and just as I was starting to tell DH I needed to go to hospital. The pain immediately stopped as soon as the sac came out. I only bled like day two of a normal period for about 4 days afterwards which got lighter and lighter like a normal ending of a period. It was horrendous but I still preferred the natural mc than the D&C I had in March....I definitely found more closure as with the D&C I was sort of emotionally numb and then fell to pieces about a week later and couldn't snap out of it for a good few weeks.

If there is any question of an ectopic, I would hope that your FS would get you into getting a scan ASAP as they aren't something to be mucked around with! Does he gave an u/s machine in his office? You definitely don't need the extra stress of only having one tube and I've met girls through BH who have nearly died from them I wouldn't see how a blood test could definitely rule one out?

Big hugs xx
    Last edited by Ladydee; 05-06-2014 at 21:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hcg dropped yesterday and it was like the needle taking the bloods relieved some kind of pressure cause the floodgates have not stopped! Oh well, onto the next cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be joining you too next cycle.....not a drop from me yet though....hope it doesn't drag out too long

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope it doesn't for you too, I waited since Monday and finally did it's thing yesterday. It was a looooong week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same boat.... Just hoping it all comes out naturally..... Hope we all get our babies soon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilyloubelle For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When do they normally suggest a d&c? I really want to try and avoid if.... But understand if anything is left can cause issues

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a natural mc on Christmas Eve-Day at 7 weeks. I was so blasé about it thinking it would just be a heavy period with maybe a few clots and bad period pain, no biggie. I have a daughter and found the mc to be more like the beginning of labour. I was more worried about bleeding everywhere but it never even got to be as heavy as my normal day 1 of my period. I was on a flight for most of the "labour" and didn't even think to bring any Panadol or anything! Once it was over (about 4ish hours total?) I could clearly see that it was an intact sac (about 6cm round) with a placenta-looking side and under my FS instructions, I just looked for any infection signs afterwards (pain, foul smelling discharge, fever) of which I had none so no D&C needed for me.

My FS had offered to do a D&C for that one and I kinda get the feeling he'd do a D&C for all losses if he had his way but I'm very at peace with my choice to ask him if I could try naturally and only get a D&C if needed afterwards.....maybe as I was fortunate enough to not experience any complications with it, I really can't explain how emotionally helpful it was in me finding closure for that pregnancy.

I chose to have a D&C for my next mc in March as I was 11 weeks and mainly as I wanted to get the baby tested....it did come back as having Trisomy 13 so I'm glad I got answers as to why bub didn't make it even when we had seen an apparent healthy heart beat at 7 and again and 9 weeks. I did find that going to sleep with a small but very there beginnings of a belly bump and waking up and trying to tell myself that it was gone (during the D&C) was very difficult to come to terms with and I had a delayed reaction and took several weeks to even start to recover emotionally.

I don't think my bub has quite passed away yet so I think I've got a bit of a wait still. No pain, not a drop of blood.
    Last edited by Ladydee; 07-06-2014 at 18:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had no pain or blood.... But on the scan there was nothing in my sac....... I so wish things had been different for me..... I had some minimal cramps this morning ..... Hoping things progress naturally....