+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by bokkie_wotwot View Post
    Thanks so much! I'm looking into all info you have given me I just had a look at the KU website and I'm confused? Is it a Kindy or a daycare centre?
    It is preschool (year before starting school) not daycare. Kindergarten is the first year of school, usually the year they turn 5. It runs from 9am-3pm.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    KU have long day care (LDC)centres which have a 'preschool' room and they also have stand alone preschools. Which one you choose is up to you and your needs, they both use the same 'curriculum', The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). The main difference is LDC operates longer hours, for more hrs of the day and you can get CCB/CCR taken off your fees, they also usually provide food.
    Preschools only usually do 8.30/9.00-3.00/3.30 during school terms and full fees are cheaper but don't get CCB/CCR taken off fees. As an early childhood teacher I prefer working at preschool because you get some down time, time at the start and end of the day to do things and school holidays for staff development and to recharge. But there are also some great long day care services out there with amazing educators too.