+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your responses. She turned worse this morning, we took her to hospital and she has UTI...thank god they found it quickly.
    She's now on antibiotics

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    Totally agree with this quote, my 8 month old DD had consistently high temps above 38.5 for three weeks, she was miserable.
    After multiple GP visits ruling out ears, throat, chest they put it down to teething.
    ok I thought maybe she's a REALLY bad teether, but then one night she had afebrile convulsion and started turning blue, we called the ambulance and went into ED, again they said teething and sent us home after a few hours.

Two nights later she had another febrile convulsion, back to hospital again, the paramedics and doctors said 'oh she's probably just teething' by this stage it had been almost a month and she was beside herself (as was I). I was convinced she was really sick but no one would listen, again they sent us home!

The next day, same thing, febrile convulsion, couldn't get temp down, took her to hospital again and demanded they did tests otherwise we weren't leaving, they eventually listened, after again saying 'oh it's probably teeth!' They checked her urine and she had a URinary tract infection which had obviously been there for weeks going by the amount of bacteria!!
    The doctors then said, 'gosh lucky we caught it now, we had a baby recently who lost a kidney due to an undiagnosed UTI'

so I guess the point of this post is to trust your gut, mothers intuition is usually right, and if I had of pushed earlier my poor baby wouldn't have been in so much pain for almost a month!
    This is terrible...I'm so glad they finally did tests for her.

We just returned from hospital and she has UTI also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by May baby View Post
    This is terrible...I'm so glad they finally did tests for her.

We just returned from hospital and she has UTI also
    Thats great, glad they tested for it and found it early, it was terrible, she's my third baby and it was the worst experience I'd had with any of them!

Hope your DD gets better soon, after one dose of the antibiotic my DD was SO much better!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

May baby  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    That's pretty concerning to me, given that current evidence suggests no causal link between teething & temperatures. The anecdotal connection seems to be because ages 6-24 months are when teething generally occurs, and also when kids have the highest rates of viral infections.
    @Renn tell me about it. I kept pushing the issue saying he has six teeth and has never had a temp like this before. On my third visit (kept getting different drs in the surgery as I was being squeezed in whereever they could) the dr we saw said the same thing, teething doesn't cause temps over 39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great, glad they tested for it and found it early, it was terrible, she's my third baby and it was the worst experience I'd had with any of them!

Hope your DD gets better soon, after one dose of the antibiotic my DD was SO much better!
    Thanks. After the first dose she was definitely looking a lot better but now that the nurofeon is wearing off her temp has gone up again. Sitting at 38.3 but can't give her more yet, I have her a little Panadol but she spat most of it.

I can't stand this, I keep having anxiety attacks. Stressing about what clothes, bedding etc to put on her. ATM I've just put her in pj pants and top, later I'll consider putting her grobag on her.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to May baby For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

May baby  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big
    How long did it take for your baby's fever to go with the UTI after the antibiotics had started?

My dd started the meds yesterday. Her temp was down most of today, basically normal but I just checked her and it's back to 38.7 again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long did it take for your baby's fever to go with the UTI after the antibiotics had started?

My dd started the meds yesterday. Her temp was down most of today, basically normal but I just checked her and it's back to 38.7 again.
    How is your dd now May baby? How's her temp? My DD' s temp was gone within 24 hours and she was back to being such a happy baby again. Which antibiotic did they give her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is your dd now May baby? How's her temp? My DD' s temp was gone within 24 hours and she was back to being such a happy baby again. Which antibiotic did they give her?
    She's getting better. Her temp was high last night, that was just over 24 hours since meds started. She hasn't had a temp all day, hopefully it stays that way tonight.
    She's on keflor

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's getting better. Her temp was high last night, that was just over 24 hours since meds started. She hasn't had a temp all day, hopefully it stays that way tonight. She's on keflor
    Fingers crossed she's on the improve and she has a good sleep tonight, UTI's are so nasty

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

May baby  (18-05-2014)