+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Endometrial Ablation

Hiya .. I am going to have this done next Wednesday and just wondering if anyone that has had it done can tell me:

What to expect after?
    How long is recovery? ( have a week off work
    How long till you can have "special Cuddles"?
    A lot of Pain?

I spoke to my gyno nearly 12 months ago and the pre op nurse wasn't much help so any answers are much appreciated.. thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone. ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    For future reference to anyone who wants to go through with this.

Had my op yesterday. Had a spinal, was t knocked out. Had to stay overnight as feeling hadn't come back in time to be discharged for day surgery. Had a nova sure ablation. Managed to get 100% of the lining gone. Yay. As for today no bleeding or discharge and apart fro. A bit of pain where the spinal went in no cramping at all.

It is a procedure where you have to be sure that you don't want any more children but I recommend it for those who are thinking about it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Thank you. I will possibly be thinking about this in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feel free to ask any questions if you want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi. . I know this is an old thread. . So if your still around can I ask questions. .
    . Firstly have you had your periods ??? Or do you not get periods but get the pms ?? Did you go private or public ???
    Personal Q... why did you chose this procedure ?? Thanks.
    Or if anyone else is reading this thread can answer :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [iQUOTE=3Rreg;8090052]Hi. . I know this is an old thread. . So if your still around can I ask questions. .
    . Firstly have you had your periods ??? Or do you not get periods but get the pms ?? Did you go private or public ???
    Personal Q... why did you chose this procedure ?? Thanks.
    Or if anyone else is reading this thread can answer :-)[/QUOTE]

Hi. Yep still around.

I have had no bleeding what so ever since the day of the op.

I haven't noticed the pms at all actually haven't really paid attention but I would day no.

I went public. Waited for 12 months with a few cancellations but had it done at beginning of December. If you go private I'm pretty sure you would go earlier.

I had it done because : I had an ectopic go wrong a few years ago. Removal of tube and other tube tore during procedure. I didn't want to do ivf. I had the merina put back in as my bleeding was all over the place- would bleed for 3 weeks then have a week break and bleed again then bleed for a week after sex with my husband. Doctor wouldn't do hysterectomy because of my age so suggested this. If it works the way it should the lining shouldn't grow back until menopause. It's not the same result for everyone but I have had no complications. No pain afterwards and no bleeding.

Anything else you would like to know don't hesitate to ask. I will answer what I can. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info. ... is there a "critia" (sp) ??? That you need to fit into. .This op has only just popped into my head so I thought I'd try n do some reseach of "real life" experience.  Prob do private as we have phi...  Do you know if any gyno can do it or does it have to be another particular person ??

Don't really know how to explain my reasoning but it's more to do with my mental state of "thinking I cld have a miracle baby"but I've only got the 1 tube that's scarred. . But alllll my pregnancies have been through ivf and hubby doesn't want to do it again.. This has been going on for years !!!!!! Month after month after month !!!!!!

. . Thinking this op my help with my mental issues. . Sorry that prob all makes no sense . . But I know if I told my gp. . He wld understand my reasoning... Thanks again for answering questions xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes it does make a lot of sense.. it was doing my head in all the bleeding and not knowing when or where it would start.

The only criteria I know of is that you have to be sure you don't want any more children.. I only just turned 33 so age isn't one that I know of..
    From what I know any gyno can do it. you will have to have a chat to yours and see if he ,will.. if you explain the mental side of it ,it shouldn't be an issue.. mental state of mind is important

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sooo much. . Have been thinking about this all night. .. Was it an emotional... I just getting teary thinking that it for life. . But hubby doesn't want anymore so no more ivf... i still Pine for one more but can't do ivf on my own. . And those crazy mind games month after month are insane !!!!!
    I more question. .. Did you put in any weight that you thought was from the op ????
    Will have a chat to my gp about it. .. I need to see a psych for otherthings as well so I'll add this to the list. .

Thanks again for your help. .