+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Now my eldest is in secondary school and DD is still in Primary school we've hit some difficult stages - juggling two schools, two different curriculum days, two different PTI days, organising drop off/pick up at the same time on different sides of town is hard enough without DD's behavioural issues resurfacing and so I've cut back on work hours to be there when they get home to supervise homework etc - and there's no ASC for secondary kids :/
    Nooooo don't remind me! I have one starting high school next year. I've really loved having all three in the one place at the one time for the last 2 years!

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have only just got back to work and am finding it very difficult. DD trains 5 or more days a week, so I work from 7:30 to 4 most days, but don't get home till 8. Meal times, household chores and life chores barely happen now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sigh ... at least I'm not the only one who feels the struggle. Guess I have a tough decision to make. I shifted into full time work about a year ago, thinking that it might be the right time with my eldest in middle primary school years and my youngest set to start next year, but I just don't think it's working out that way. It feels like they need me around more than ever! Perhaps it's time to start looking for another part time job, or maybe even get back into freelance work which I dabbled in while I was part time. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me - totally harder. I used to think it was tough working and having kids in daycare............ But that was before homework, playdates, parties during working hours, assembly at school, parent roster in class, news each week, karate lessons, music lessons, speech therapy, OT.............. the list goes on and on and on.

Just this week I have had to cut my hours down to 60% (just doing school hours now) because frankly I was going to crack up.

It was too hard on me and way too hard on the kids - they cant live their lives with me in their ears going "hurry hurry we are late!"

I feel like a great weight has been lifted.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Raising Leprechauns, that exactly how I'm feeling right now. I think my decision is becoming clearer. I really appreciate everyone's feedback.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad I could help. I wouldn't wish the stress I've been under on anyone. I'm looking forward to picking the kids up from their classes next week. 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found it much, much harder now the kids are older. I have 2 in Primary and a toddler. The older two play sport and as they have got older their commitment has got bigger ( ie training day and game day)...we have sport/drama every day except tues and sun now...and the juggling is exhausting and stressful, esp since becoming a single parent. I really miss being a SAHM and feel really guilty if I miss things that are important to the kids

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing