+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Housework.
    I most of it atm.
    He is building our new house when he is not at work. If I ask he will do anything I want.

Appointments are kinda funny. I do all the normal ones and he always does the late night er trips.

Kids
    I tend to 60%.
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do about 95% of it all. That's just simple logistics for us - he's either working or asleep 90% of the time. We only get a couple of hours together a day and I prefer that time is spent with me or the kids rather than doing housework.

That is my choice though & I know that it's not what everyone wants or expects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When bub arrives in a few weeks I'll be starting work as a sahm we talked about our expectations of each other when that happens. I'll be responsible for caring for our child while he's at work obviously, and neither of us knows exactly what that'll be like yet for me, so we're going to try to just keep on what we already do while both of us are working. I cook 5/7 nights probably, and make lunches for us most days. I do most of the washing and groceries, and keep bathrooms clean. DH does ironing, rubbish, cat trays, toilets, washes anything that doesn't fit in the dishwasher and does most of the yard work. We share everything else pretty much 50/50. The way we see it we'll both still be working, I'm just changing jobs for a while! We'll both be happy to share time with DD at night

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cook the main meals, he prepares his lunch (mostly buys it at work).

We share the cleaning and washing. I detest folding so my hubby does that. We usually get in and do any left over housework together on the weekend, but I mostly do bits and pieces throughout the week. The weekends are basically just to do anything I didn't have time to do throughout the week.

My hubby does the bath routine when he is home throughout the week (2-3 nights) and on the weekends.

I run a business from home and so I am always technically 'working'. We both share the roles as we both work. If I didn't run a business from home I would expect to cover more of the home workload.

I think there is no real 'right' way of running a household, you just do what works. I don't believe that one person should do everything.. I think both people should help out, but obviously there are a lot of factors that influence how much each party can do. As long as both parties are being heard and respected, you just do what works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do everything, including taking out the rubbish and mowing the lawns.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissEm View Post

Just curious as my partner was saying about how his mum would always have dinner on the table and work lunches etc packed for his dad and so on...
    I heard a good point made that back in the old days of the "housewife", mums who stayed home took more time caring for the home and did less hands-on parenting (babies sat in playpens, older kids roamed the streets playing all day while mum cooked and cleaned).

These days we're not "housewives" but "stay at home mums", the emphasis being on parenting, less about keeping the house perfect. ie taking kids to library, park, other activities.

Our houses have never been messier but I think we all do our best for our kids!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

MissEm  (15-05-2014),PinkPopsicle  (15-05-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (15-05-2014),Tattereds  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    I do about 95% of it all. That's just simple logistics for us - he's either working or asleep 90% of the time. We only get a couple of hours together a day and I prefer that time is spent with me or the kids rather than doing housework.

That is my choice though & I know that it's not what everyone wants or expects.
    This is me - I do most of the stuff and if husband is home he will help, our situation is more unusual as he leaves at 7 in the morning and gets home at about 7 at night or is travelling weekdays - I try to do the big stuff like bathrooms, washing floors and gardening when ds1 is at kindy and dd2 is sleeping. I would love to go back to work in the next year or two but know it will be all on me so am undecided.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do all of the cooking (which I love. doing), including his work lunches.
    We have a cleaner but I do dishwasher/laundry/ general tidying.
    I pay all bills, manage bank accounts and all appointments and reminders.

He does his own ironing, puts baby to bed, does night feeds on weekend, jobs around the house

Works for us.. I don't want him to have to do anything when he gets home, he is in a stressful job with long hours but quite well paid so that I CAN have the option to stay home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I do all the cleaning and tidying, most of the laundry, all groceries, most of the cooking. Dh does laundry when I get behind on it, baths the kids and we share cooking on the weekends. He's pretty good at pulling his weight considering he works full time and is renovating the house as well.
    Edit: he makes his own lunch though! And irons his own work pants. I hate ironing men's pants with a passion so I refuse outright to do that lol
    This!
    But he will do lawns and take bins out, I mostly bring them in.

He will iron work shirts that morning, if I haven't had the chance

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    We have very blurred lines between my jobs and df's.
    I definitely do all the cooking. Df definitely does all the yard work. I make final decisions regarding kids ie what school to send them to, what to get for birthdays etc.
    everything else is whoever can. I usually do the laundry, hang it out, bring it in, fold it and put it away. But df occasionally will throw on a load and do it. Df usually vacuums (I sweep daily) because my shadow, dd doesn't like the noise.
    I usually do groceries, but df will go if I can't etc.

I'm a sahm at the moment, but it was the same before when I worked .8. Df works 4 on/4 off ~ 2 days/2 nights.