+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default SAHM - how much do you do?

As a stay at home mum do you do everything i.e. keep house clean, cook all meals, look after kids (inc apts) finances etc

or do you expect/does hubby take an active role in running the home or the kids?

Does this change much when you go back to work?

Just curious as my partner was saying about how his mum would always have dinner on the table and work lunches etc packed for his dad and so on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do whatever I manage to get done during the day and we share whatever else needs doing when we're both home. I don't consider it my role to do all the cooking and cleaning, particularly not with a young baby

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

Smyles  (15-05-2014),Tattereds  (15-05-2014)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do all the cleaning and tidying, most of the laundry, all groceries, most of the cooking. Dh does laundry when I get behind on it, baths the kids and we share cooking on the weekends. He's pretty good at pulling his weight considering he works full time and is renovating the house as well.
    Edit: he makes his own lunch though! And irons his own work pants. I hate ironing men's pants with a passion so I refuse outright to do that lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep every single thing except take rubbish out and collect dog poo

Eta - if I was working he would help but I'm not and he does long hard hours to provide so I am happy to do everything for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My situation is a little different as my DH works away (1 week on 1 week off) so no lunches but when it comes to my job as SAHM I'm the mum, my job is to look after & raise our son (and any future kids) the other stuff is what I did before kids, cook, clean etc.... We are a partnership we both do things that need doing, I do 99% of the cooking but that's cause it's my creative outlet & I love it, if I can't be bothered one night hubby will do it... He does more of the outside stuff, but I have to do that when he's not here so it equals out... I don't think things changed much when I left paid work, hubby understands how much of a job looking after kids is, but I think that is because he is home for a week a time and can see what goes on ;-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do all the cleaning and cooking, DH does the lawns and takes the big bins out the front on bin night. If I ask him to do some though though he does it, and on the weekends him and DD have lots of one on one time and leave me alone lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope we share. We have a 9 month old and a 2.5 year old plus I'm 26 weeks pregnant so dh helps out a lot. We share doing the dishes, bottles, washing and cooking dinner. He does the rubbish and cat tray- sometimes I do the rubbish. I do the weekly house clean because I have my own way of doing it but dh does clean the toilet because I hate it! If he isn't working nights he showers and puts ds1 to bed and I put ds2 down. Basically I do what I can during the day and if not then we share the load once he gets home so we both get to rest once the boys are in bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I basically take care of food and clothes, although DH gets breakfast for the kids each morning. DH takes care of the rubbish and does the floors. We both do whatever else needs doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im a SAHM, and DP is FIFO. On the week he is away i do everything(obviously). When he is home he does the cooking and kitchen cleaning and mows the lawn. I do like him to help do the bath/bed thing too (to spend time with the kids). Last week he only helped me once, it made me very cross. I dont get a break when he is away, and i appreciate a break when he is home.