+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default harmony nips test

I'm considering having the harmony nips test (41 yrs old and previous T21 positive for previous pregnancy). Any feedback from anyone who has had this test would be really appreciated please.
    I understand it's a screening test but how are the results given eg yes high risk or 1 in xxx risk; and how much did the test cost where you had it done; any incorrect results given to anyone; anyone told their bloods could not be analysed?
    Is there anywhere that offers this test at a reduced cost if you are considered high risk?
    Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I had this done recently after an abnormality showed up in scan it cost 720 bucks took 2 weeks for full results it gives you a 1 in ???? Rating. It's great is non invasive blood test for you and mouth swab for the father. We did that instead of amnio
    We were told it has a 95% accuracy rate.
    However it reassured us everything was fine only to have another scan at 20 weeks to show differently.
    I won't know for a few more weeks what I'm dealing with but waved to say it can provide you with a sense of security which until the baby is born you'll never really know anyway. Bonus= knowing the sex!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stressedaboutno4 For This Useful Post:

maybe baby  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had the bloods taken for the test last week, so don't know about the results. I was $650, but no other costs at my private OB, even though he took an ultrasound first. And he said in 5% of cases they need to retake the blood and can't get a result, but you don't have to pay again.

Its earlier and more accurate than the other downs test, so if money's not a problem go for it.

I had to have an amnio last time at 21 weeks, so I've done the test at 10 weeks to avoid that. (no ginormous needles please)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this test at 12 weeks I paid $575 at an ultrasound clinic in Melbourne. I was not considered high risk but for my age (34) the risk factor given at my NT didn't sit well with me so I had the test anyway. Shop around for prices as some places have been able to negotiate lower prices. Pm me if you want details of the place I went to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I answered another post exactly the same?
    I recently had it done cost me 720.
    After abnormalities with our 12 week scan and then a rescan we went with rather than an amniocentesis. They take bloods from you and swab from father. Not painful at all. Gives you a 1 in ??? Result.
    It can also definitely tell you the sex. of you want.

But I've just had the 20 week scan and even though all results (nips and nt) ate all low risk there are still abnormalities pointing to downs etc. So after roughly 6 weeks of thinking it was definitely fine we now face extra testing.

The results are 95% correct.
    Good luck with your decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    for Harmony test did you need a GP referral? I didn't do an OB/maternity appt yet, ot's booked on week 14 after all tests are done.
    I have NT scan booked at 12 weeks, now thinking of Harmony test as I'm 38 and really worry about everything.

What do I need to have that done, is that my GP who's sending me there or I just need to find the center which is doing it and just book it by myself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the place I went to which is where I had my 12 nt scan I did not need a referral.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies.
    Was everyone given a 1 in xyz result or some other grading? I'm going to be high risk due to age and history so am wondering whether I should just go straight to cvs instead of be given a 1 in xyz for the harmony test, and also a 1 in xyz for the nuchal test as both will still just be odds.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the cvs have a 100% accuracy? Otherwise it'll just be odds too I suppose? I guess we choose the nips because the risk to baby was less. It's all a personal thing. I'm a bit annoyed we did it because it lulled us into a false sense of security. But there's nothing to say an amnio wouldn't have shown the same anyway. Good luck with your decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Irinko View Post
    Hi ladies,
    for Harmony test did you need a GP referral? I didn't do an OB/maternity appt yet, ot's booked on week 14 after all tests are done.
    I have NT scan booked at 12 weeks, now thinking of Harmony test as I'm 38 and really worry about everything.

What do I need to have that done, is that my GP who's sending me there or I just need to find the center which is doing it and just book it by myself?
    You will need a referral from your GP and have to book in for the NIPT test. I'm having mine done next week and my OB gave me the referral then I had to call and book in. I'm doing mine at 10 weeks. The results should then be back in time for your NT scan. Mine is costing $550 and it's the Verifi test offered by Sullivan and Nicolaides Pathology, my OB said there are a few different ones but they are all the same test.