View Poll Results: How much will the budget affect you? and can you afford it?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • the budget will not affect me very much at all

6 19.35%
  • The budget will affect me, but it wont cause me any financial difficulties

6 19.35%
  • the budget will affect me, and will cause me to tighten my belt a bit

10 32.26%
  • the budget will affect me substantially, and will cause me financial difficulties

5 16.13%
  • the budget will affect me substantially, and I am not in a position to afford these changes AT ALL

4 12.90%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaJones View Post
    I just don't get it.
    I work hard and I just don't get why they have done this.
    I have felt so proud of what I have managed to do on my own.. And now I don't think I can sustain it.
    I don't want to put my kids in after school care and never see them.
    My ex wins on this one.. He can go out and get more work tailored to when he has the kids. He has an MBA.
    I get $18 an hour...

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
    Dr. Seuss
    Still mummy to Agnes Ronald and Beryl.
    they make life so hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    The fuel and additional medical costs will impact me negatively, but we will be ok. I already pay $72 to see a doctor, another $7 won't make much of a difference. In saying that, in glad it's capped at 10 visits for my DS, he's the one who needs the doctor the most.

The PPL will be a positive for my family. It'll enable me to stay home for a year rather than 6/7 months.
    If you are already paying $72 a visit then I don't think it will go up by $7. I thought the $7 was only when you are being bulk billed. For children and concession card holders you won't pay anything after the 10th visit.

$72 sounds like a lot. Is that before or after you get your medicare rebate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the budget effect single mums not working ?
    I don't understand lol

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have been living in one room at my parents house for a bit over 2 years now. It is highly unlikely that I will be able to move out pretty much ever. That's pretty depressing.

It was already incredibly difficult to find work before the budget, now when my contract ends I will have to go back on the dole. Even more depressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please tell me if I am out of line for feeling this way, I can't help but feel like families are being ripped off. We are going to be paying higher taxes for ages, our kids education scaled back to support the aging population, having to work until we are older, home affordability out of reach for a lot of people, and no access to pensions (doesn't impact us, unless something awful happens). Yet, (I used to work for a bank) its incredible the amount of older people who are squandering away their super for round the world holidays and expecting to receive pensions when they get back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just don't get it.
    I have felt so proud of what I have managed to do on my own.. And now I don't think I can sustain it.
    My ex wins on this one.. He can go out and get more work tailored to when he has the kids. He has an MBA.
    I get $18 an hour...

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
    Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    If you are already paying $72 a visit then I don't think it will go up by $7. I thought the $7 was only when you are being bulk billed. For children and concession card holders you won't pay anything after the 10th visit.

You think the $7 will be included? I assumed the centre will pass the cost on to us. From the $72 I get $36.30 back from Medicare so out of pocket $35, even more on weekends. Consultations that are a follow up, are bulk billed. So going to the doctors is already expensive, my DS cost me the most in medical costs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just don't get it.
    I get $18 an hour...

Dr. Seuss
    *hugs* this is so unfair. Stories like yours make me want to shake people when they don't care about the budget.

You should feel proud, you're clearly an amazing Mum who works amazingly hard and cares for her kids. Don't let a horrible government take that away from you.

I really hope things work out for you and your kids x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post

I was coming on to ask this.
    We live rural and have no bulk billing doctors.
    It's around $80 (before rebate) for dd to see a doctor, she has a few things going on so she see's her dr twice a week at the moment.
    As we don't have access to bulk billing doctors, I'm wondering if the cost will go up by $7 or if we loose $7 on our rebate, or as you said above, is the $7 only for bulk billing drs?
    $7 isn't much to some, but when she see's her dr twice a week, sometimes up to 4 times and I'm paying $80 a visit, and you add the increase in prescriptions (which dd has quite a few as well as daily medications, we usually use the rebate from the appointments to buy the prescriptions) it's kinda stressing me out.
    I think it's more the increase in prescriptions that's got me worried... We run a tight budget with that.
    I'm hoping I can get my dr to do up a few scripts and I can start filling them out each week to kinda stock up... Pretty sure that won't be allowed though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    I was coming on to ask this.
    We live rural and have no bulk billing doctors.
    It's around $80 (before rebate) for dd to see a doctor, she has a few things going on so she see's her dr twice a week at the moment.
    As we don't have access to bulk billing doctors, I'm wondering if the cost will go up by $7 or if we loose $7 on our rebate, or as you said above, is the $7 only for bulk billing drs?
    $7 isn't much to some, but when she see's her dr twice a week, sometimes up to 4 times and I'm paying $80 a visit, and you add the increase in prescriptions (which dd has quite a few as well as daily medications, we usually use the rebate from the appointments to buy the prescriptions) it's kinda stressing me out.
    I think it's more the increase in prescriptions that's got me worried... We run a tight budget with that.
    I'm hoping I can get my dr to do up a few scripts and I can start filling them out each week to kinda stock up... Pretty sure that won't be allowed though
    You will only pay the $7 fit the first 10 visits for your dd.

I'm quite shocked that 3 kids was considered a large family.