Closed Thread
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    VP, before you start randomly start agreeing with the cutting of funds for scientific research, can ask you one question? Do you know what the Office or water science research actually does? Or any of the other scientific offices that have gotten the chop?
    Vague understanding. I'm not saying there is 'no' merit to their work, just no merit into having a separate office looking solely into that work. I have a friend who works in one of the BS departments and it's a crock... The amount of money that is spent on traveling to BS interstate conferences is appalling.

I'm not an Abbot lover by any means but the article in the link smacks to me of extremely biased 'journalism.' I doubt the Accuracy of several points...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is where we differ, I think science is extremely important, this government does not and have made it very clear that is their POV. This isn't just an attack on a few offices, this is an attack on science starting at the grass roots - in public schools, all the way up to uni and beyond. Utterly ludicrous.

I agree with you, it is biased, I don't doubt that all that stuff that has happened, but one of two things is going on either a) They are choosing to not mention any of the good things the government has done or b) there *are* no good things this government has done. I am beginning to think it is the latter to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Vague understanding. I'm not saying there is 'no' merit to their work, just no merit into having a separate office looking solely into that work. I have a friend who works in one of the BS departments and it's a crock... The amount of money that is spent on traveling to BS interstate conferences is appalling.

I'm not an Abbot lover by any means but the article in the link smacks to me of extremely biased 'journalism.' I doubt the Accuracy of several points...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I am actually a water scientist. There is so much scientific research and work happening overseas and interstate in different water treatment methods alone... yes this is something that we need to be at the top of the playing field with to ensure we continue to have clean, SAFE water to drink

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (25-05-2014),beebs  (24-05-2014),Busy-Bee  (25-05-2014),Ellewood  (25-05-2014),KaraB  (25-05-2014),Lauzy  (25-05-2014),LoveLivesHere  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    I am actually a water scientist. There is so much scientific research and work happening overseas and interstate in different water treatment methods alone... yes this is something that we need to be at the top of the playing field with to ensure we continue to have clean, SAFE water to drink

Well of course you're going to say that its not like you would vote yourself out of a job..
    Last edited by VicPark; 25-05-2014 at 08:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    http://thesauce.co/achievements-of-t...tt-government/

Kind of summarises the blight this govt is to this country. The list is very long
    Ugh, read about a third of the way through then it got so depressing I gave up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    http://thesauce.co/achievements-of-t...tt-government/

Kind of summarises the blight this govt is to this country. The list is very long
    I couldn't finish this either, wow even meals on wheels got pruned, really!! Saving 2.5 mill so some poor old people don't get a decent meal, just disgusting.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-05-2014),KaraB  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    That is where we differ, I think science is extremely important, this government does not and have made it very clear that is their POV. This isn't just an attack on a few offices, this is an attack on science starting at the grass roots - in public schools, all the way up to uni and beyond. Utterly ludicrous.

I agree with you, it is biased, I don't doubt that all that stuff that has happened, but one of two things is going on either a) They are choosing to not mention any of the good things the government has done or b) there *are* no good things this government has done. I am beginning to think it is the latter to be honest.
    Of course they don't care about science. god created the world dontcha know and who cares what happens in it - it's all part of his 'plan' :-/

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (25-05-2014),beebs  (25-05-2014),KaraB  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    But you don't even know what they do but feel for some reason that you have a right to a strong opinion about it. At least she knows what they actually do!

Well of course you're going to say that its not like you would vote yourself out of a job..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sheesh, water science is so bloody important, maybe those who don't think so should take about a 4 hour drive from the city and come see for yourself.
    Climate science is so bloody important too, and the climate commission was the first thing to get the chop under the Abbott government - see the pattern emerging?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Or any water at all. Obviously clean safe water is not a priority for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (25-05-2014)