Closed Thread
Page 27 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    This is why there is debt!! Because people go do a degree and never pay it off.

As soon as I graduated uni and started working I was earning above the hecs repayment threshold.

As for the whole removal of bulkbilling - it's not the monetary value that's been imposed that I care about, it's the fact that universal healthcare has been removed. Let's just slowly turn into America......
    If all these changes come in i will likely have to stop my degree (without taking into account increase fees and HECS/HELP changes)and return to full time (I'm currently part time) work in a position where i could never hope to earn enough to pay it off, whereas if I could finish it then I in all likelihood could. A little help now to benefit the future and get off assistance altogether which is what I've been working towards for a while now and its all looking like it was all waste of time unless i finish before the changes hit ha!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-05-2014),KaraB  (14-05-2014),Legeyt  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonezart View Post
    You know what ****es me off more? Everyone I meet or know says they hate Abbott, they didn't vote for him.

Well someone did. A lot of people obviously did. And look.

They're probably too ashamed to!

Not sure if anyone realizes but the massive debt, according to the libs started 5 years ago, if we all count back, when does that take us to? The GFC, which was not caused by the people, but the subsequent spending was to stimulate the economy and it did, we didn't see as many adverse effects as other countries. Just sayin'.... It was a necessity to take these drastic and unfair cuts and many politicians and economists have said we aren't in a bad economic state. Much of what Joe Hockey said didn't make economic sense! Surprisingly, Clive Palmers comments in the budget did economically make sense

For the record, my family will only be negatively impacted by the fuel prices and Medicare co payment won't be an issue for us BUT, I can still see how bad this is and I felt sick and wanted to throw up at the negative impact this will have on so many people.

But then I knew NOTHING good would come of Tony Abbott being PM.

This is the first time in my life I actually feel sad to be an Australian.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-05-2014),BettyW  (14-05-2014),KaraB  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone explain what the cuts to the dental scheme mean? I have tried looking online but can't seem to find more than a sentence about it. Are they talking about public dental hospitals, the kids dental scheme (the one were you take your kids to a private dentist and they can have up to $2000 of work over 2 years) or the kids school dental van? Or all of them? TIA

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashram For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by Patience Belmont; 14-05-2014 at 08:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't read the replies sorry,

have there been any changes to CCR/CCB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't find anything to back up claims dental will be cut. The budget link at Human Services website is the most accessible: http://www.humanservices.gov.au/corp...ures/families/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I haven't read the replies sorry,

have there been any changes to CCR/CCB?
    No I don't believe so. I haven't had a thorough look though but pretty sure.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. In that case we will live to see another day.

I'm so sorry for all those people that this budget has affected so badly. So awful

It has thrown out any plans I had of having a 4th child which is really very dissapointing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I just don't under how effectively privatising uni is going to save money? Can someone explain it to me? All that will happen is that the govt will have double the debt with HECS for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Does this new budget impact on anyone's family planning? dh and I always wanted 3 kids... But I want them all to be able to go to university and I feel like it will be SO expensive when the time comes.. Maybe we are better off sticking with the two we have
    My DH and I are not in agreement about how many kids we want - he doesn't want any more but I do. Financial reasons are certainly part of his reasoning on this topic and this budget makes me consider the implications too