Closed Thread
Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So does that mean they are removing the cap of how much HECS/Fee Help you can receive? Atm i think it is capped at $90000 or something? With starting to repay when you earn over $52000 annually. So now you could end up with a ridiculous debt and have to start repaying at a lower annual salary?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    So now you could end up with a ridiculous debt and have to start repaying at a lower annual salary?
    Yes and yes. We are going to have people spending their entire lives paying off uni debt so universities can become a business. I predict with the changes to FTB and this, we are going to end up in a generation or 2 with a nation of unskilled min wage workers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    We manage happily on 50k with 2 kids.... 120k would be a dream
    I would love for us to have 120k. Would solve all our financial problems!! Fu.ck all to one person is the world to someone else!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (13-05-2014),atomicmama  (13-05-2014),beebs  (13-05-2014),dancingchipmunk  (13-05-2014),LotusMum  (14-05-2014),LoveLivesHere  (13-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (14-05-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    I am suspecting that Abbott and Hockey have cut financial support to the states to encourage the states to ask for a rise in the GST.
    This is what the abc lady was asking him and he kept saying "thats upto the states" what a douche

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    So does that mean they are removing the cap of how much HECS/Fee Help you can receive? Atm i think it is capped at $90000 or something? With starting to repay when you earn over $52000 annually. So now you could end up with a ridiculous debt and have to start repaying at a lower annual salary?
    I'm pretty sure the cap was removed a few years ago, it's called SLE -Student learning entitlement. You can check the study assist website (I'd do it but going to bed now)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes and yes. We are going to have people spending their entire lives paying off uni debt so universities can become a business. I predict with the changes to FTB and this, we are going to end up in a generation or 2 with a nation of unskilled min wage workers.
    I don't think there will be enough min. Wage jobs. So goodness knows what will happen when Joe Blow graduates from high school, can't afford uni (cos can't get a job to put himself through it), can't get a min wage job because he couldn't get an after school one after competing with 3000 other high school kids for four positions, has no income for six months and no ability to upskill or get a minimum wage job.

I didn't see much to do with job creation in the budget. Where are these magical jobs coming from?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeymourTheBear For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (14-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it was mean at all. Like my post, we are simply pointing out when there are only two adults it's way cheaper to live. I do truly feel for this person she is having such issues..... but it's not meant as a mean comment, just fact?

I just don't think she gets how expensive kids are. Hell, when I was childless, nor did I. It's not an insult, again, it's just fact.
    Yes! Thank you for clarifying that better than I was able to, I was just trying to balance an argument.

I agree children are very expensive and now with this budget you are possibly going to be financially responsible for your adult child under 30 if they loose their job! Yay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Which will bring us into line with Developing countries and make Australian goods competitive - how very Gina Reinhart

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    I'm pretty sure the cap was removed a few years ago, it's called SLE -Student learning entitlement. You can check the study assist website (I'd do it but going to bed now)
    Oh thanks will look it up. I am quite politically uneducated, this is the first year I have actually paid attention and researched!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I don't think it was mean at all. Like my post, we are simply pointing out when there are only two adults it's way cheaper to live. I do truly feel for this person she is having such issues..... but it's not meant as a mean comment, just fact?

I just don't think she gets how expensive kids are. Hell, when I was childless, nor did I. It's not an insult, again, it's just fact.
    I don't think it has anything to do with how expensive kids are. When you are staring down the barrel of never being able to have kids, people complaining (legitimately or otherwise about the cost of children) can come across as selfish as well.

I'm pretty sure the PP would give up most of her income to have a child. I know I certainly would have, so when you are in that frame of mind it is difficult to compherend the situation that most of the other posters find themselves in.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (17-05-2014),LaDiDah  (13-05-2014),Sunshinebell  (13-05-2014)