Closed Thread
Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    I actually take offence at the suggestion that I obviously haven't worked hard, made sacrifices or studied hard just because I don't earn 'the big bucks'.
    This!! It irks me when I read this crap thrown around by the same people.

My sister has studied so hard for years to get a law degree, yet she's opted to go into protecting women against domestic violence for next to nothing rather than going into a better paying law field.

Meanwhile I'll be the first to admit I work a cushy job, have no degree and earn a stupid wage because I happened to fall into the right industry.

She works so much harder harder than me, for a much better cause. So for someone to imply she's not contributing because she's practically volunteering really p!sses me off.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (14-05-2014),Acadaca  (14-05-2014),atomicmama  (13-05-2014),beebs  (13-05-2014),EvilWombatQueen  (16-05-2014),HappyBovinexx  (13-05-2014),LaDiDah  (13-05-2014),Laydeebugxxx  (14-05-2014),Purple Lily  (13-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (14-05-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-05-2014),Smyles  (14-05-2014),Tattereds  (14-05-2014),~ElectricPink~  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    hmm I happily sit plank in the middle on 60k. I quit my smokes years ago but hey we all have vices I quit my drinks I save 200 plus dollars a week for our IVF treatment. The rest goes on mortgage, petrol, groceries, electricity, phone plus internet, private health and car repayment. The hubby gets 60k he pays for his half of the mortgage, home and contents insurance, credit card, his own fuel and he saves 300 per week also goes to a mutual IVF fund. Now if we could **** and just have a baby imagine the savings. Ho hum just thinking everyone has their priorites, right??
    As sorry as I am that you are struggling with fertility issues and I desperately hope you get your baby soon, I don't really understand the point you were trying to make with this post... :-/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-05-2014),peanutmonkey  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I'm feeling ill at the thought of people thinking this is a good budget.

I'm feeling more sick at the thought that the majority of Australia voted this party in. I sincerely hope they are they ones paying for their votes out of their budget. But then again, most likely not. The libs always look after themselves. I'm currently penning a letter to Therese gambaro to illustrate my outrage and let her know that thin whisker she holds her seat by CAN change.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    A lot of the 'stop the boats' bogans who voted for this gov are now negatively effected.. So it's possible some of them will change their votes next election.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-05-2014),BettyW  (13-05-2014),dee1  (14-05-2014),just her chameleon  (13-05-2014),Skippy79  (15-05-2014),TheGooch  (13-05-2014),~ElectricPink~  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Does this mean there is no hecs at all? It sounds confusing. I thought there was still hecs but at unis rates

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yes there will still be Fee-Help, but there will be no regulation on what unis can charge so it will be an open market. So they can charge what they want, plus Fee-Help repayment threshold is being lowered so you will pay more, sooner.

Can you imagine doing a 4 year teaching degree and coming out with a 200k debt? You would never pay it off before you retire.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    As sorry as I am that you are struggling with fertility issues and I desperately hope you get your baby soon, I don't really understand the point you were trying to make with this post... :-/
    The point is we earn **** all yet we can still pay many thousands on IVF yes we get a small rebate back from medicare each cycle but it is pathetic. We had to give up a lot to save for our treatment yet we did it and we managed on a middle/ lower income so tighten your belts and get ready to have to make a few sacrifices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The point is we earn **** all yet we can still pay many thousands on IVF yes we get a small rebate back from medicare each cycle but it is pathetic. We had to give up a lot to save for our treatment yet we did it and we managed on a middle/ lower income so tighten your belts and get ready to have to make a few sacrifices.
    I think you missed the point of my post that you quoted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well you earn almost double what our family does so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be sacrificing from.... Anyway, like I said I do hope you get your baby soon and then also maybe you will understand why people are worried. My main concern is the uni fees - I want my daughter to have the opportunity for further education but we can't afford to send her if the fees shoot up.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-05-2014),Laydeebugxxx  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did I read correctly that you have a combined household income of 120k?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (14-05-2014),beebs  (13-05-2014),~ElectricPink~  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Yes and included with this little gem is a $7 charge for going to the ED if it was deemed your trip was wasting time.
    I would support this if it meant continuing bulk billing at GP's. ED deals with way too many people using it as a GP surgery.
    Unfortunately finding doctors to bulk bill is like hens teeth here. I pay $70 every visit, so, glad I am fortunate to have good health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Yes there will still be Fee-Help, but there will be no regulation on what unis can charge so it will be an open market. So they can charge what they want, plus Fee-Help repayment threshold is being lowered so you will pay more, sooner.

Can you imagine doing a 4 year teaching degree and coming out with a 200k debt? You would never pay it off before you retire.
    This is correct (I work in higher ed) it also means that unis will compete with each other for students, as they are currently doing when the gov lifted the requirements on places in 2012. In my opinion the price of a degree will now be a point of difference that they can compete on. This already happening with postgraduate quals. A teaching degree might be cheaper at one uni, therefore more students apply, now there is no limit on places unis can enrol as many as they want..make more money etc etc