+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't seen or heard anything about ccr disappearing,

No we don't rely on any assistance, I got ppl and will claim ccr but don't rely on these coming. We aren't eligible for anything else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I genuinely rely on ftb a & b.

Previously our combined income was approx $150k per year & we didnt use childcare at all. But we moved to be closer to DSD meaning our income is now less than a third of that.

Without ftb a & b that we are now entitled to I cant afford food or fuel. Obviously I can go to work asap once my bub is here but I couldnt afford to pay cc fees without cc rebate etc so I will need to work around DH.

Quite clearly I will be standing on street corners or robbing a bank.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make 48k a year... I get little child support...

I am going to seriously question my ability to be a mum if my payments drop.

Like would they be better off with their dad.. As I seriously won't be able to afford them.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
    Dr. Seuss
    Still mummy to Agnes Ronald and Beryl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We rely on ccr and ccb having one on daycare and one in after school care, receive $7 a fortnight ftb so could cope without that however with a strong possibility of being a single parent shortly and only being able to receive ftb from centrelink it would affect me a lot, possibly making me stay in this relationship

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not dependent on it, but the FTB helps. We are a single income family.

What concerns me is at our school we have enough trouble finding volunteers for tuckshop and excursions etc, and if the FTB is taken away it might be even harder for us to find the people.power we need to keep our school afloat as mums will need to find jobs.

It will be the kids who suffer.

Sorry for the rant and derail lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're not financially dependent on any family payments, but I hate the thought of going down the path of countries like the US where institutionalised poverty and and an ever increasing gap between the haves and the have nots is the norm. We all suffer in a society where the welfare of children is put at risk and access to good food and education is a privelege available to only the wealthy. We're one of the richest nations on the planet and I can't believe we've got to a place where the kind of measures being proposed can have any kind of support

I'm so grateful that I had access to an affordable education that enabled me to be in the financial position I'm in despite a very low socioeconomic background and hate to see the same oportunity threatened for current and future generations

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-05-2014),ourbradybunch  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We get our ftb at the end of the financial year if we qualify as we don't want to underestimate our income and have to pay some back. My husband is self employed so it's hard to estimate his income.

We didn't rely on it but it's a nice lump sum if we do qualify.

I rely on ccr though. We don't get any ccb. I work 3 days a week and I currently pay $283.50 in childcare fees and before and after school care. If there was no rebate, I would be forking out $567 a week in fees. My wages would cover that but what's the point? I would still work as I don't want to fall behind in current practice, but it would be a tight squeeze to cover our other bills.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am. I get SPP, FTA/B, RA, CCB ect. As a full time Uni student and single parent to a little one I'm freaking out a little in the lead up to the budget. Hoping it won't effect me as much as I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    No we aren't dependent on gov't support. We have received the FTB in the past but no longer do and we didn't rely on it anyway. I'm a SAHM so no CCR or CCB.

I hate that this budget could be potentially devastating for so many people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    No we aren't dependent on gov't support. We have received the FTB in the past but no longer do and we didn't rely on it anyway. I'm a SAHM so no CCR or CCB.

I hate that this budget could be potentially devastating for so many people.
    Same situation for us except we receive a few $$ in ccr for occasional after school care.