+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We don't receive any FTB or CCB but we do get the CCR. If that were to be scrapped I would only work one day per week.

The only other assistance I will receive will be the PPL and if that weren't available I would return to work earlier. My employer still pays mat leave.

Very little would change for us.

Me + DH = DS1 (6), DS2 (2) and #3 due September 8th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    At this point in time, my family isn't likely to be impacted by the proposed changes. I am entitled to some FTB, though am not reliant on it in any way, so we chose to claim it as a lump sum. I'm also a SAHM and don't make use of childcare so any changes to CCR/CCB will not impact on us either.

But, just because my family is not likely to be impacted, does not mean that I agree with any changes!
    This basically. Although I dont think we are entitled to FTB and we dont get it fortnightly, we stopped it last year.

And I dont really agree with the changes either. It makes me sad to think that people may struggle even more because of the changes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment we get FTB, not a huge amount though. I put it towards food and clothing for my DD. However, my DH is looking at changing careers so he will be getting a pay cut for about 6 months. We will rely on that money then. This is the first time in my life I'll rely on any government support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do not get any payments from Centrelink or use day care so it will not make a difference to us if there are changes to those things in tonights budget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have not been entitled to anything other than the CCR. If my dh was still in his high paying position we could manage if we had to without it but with our current combined income which is significantly less now he isn't, there is no way we could manage without it. In the 2014-15 financial year we will actually be entitled to the ccb until I commence maternity leave and then we won't need daycare for 12 months anyway while I will be home, we will also be eligible for ftb and parenting payment. For once we will actually be eligible for some financial assistance from the government in which I'm grateful but there is no way I would remain on it or rely on it forever in a day. We also planned the 3yr gaps between our children to ensure we wouldn't have more than 1 child in daycare at one time, it would be extremely difficult to be paying fees for more than 1 child in daycare with the ccr never mind if it was cut regardless of what you earned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I claimed PPL and we get FTB b. if we don't get the FTB b then hubby will work more tutoring hours for us to keep with the mortgage and I'll be going back to do casual work a lot sooner than I wanted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I rely on it heavily. Single mum with 3 kids.

I don't actually think I would cope without it.
    I will have to spend my inheritance which I don't want to do as I would like to buy a house one day.

If they cut any of my benefits I will have to look at moving house and schools and maybe work more..I already do 40 hrs a week which means I hardly see my kids, the week I have them.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
    Dr. Seuss
    Still mummy to Agnes Ronald and Beryl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I wish we didn't. But we do.
    my husband has a good secure middle income job, I'm a sahm homeschooling our kids.
    if they were to scrap FTB we would be down $145 a fortnight. $300 a month is kinda a big deal for us and even if I cut out our little luxuries like basic foxtel for the kids, we will still be struggling.
    my husband had nothing to his name when we met (my second marriage) and me always being a sahm didn't have much either, so all the things we needed we've had to buy on credit.
    we earn too much for a health care card yet not enough to cover ourselves with private health.
    If they scrap it we are hoping my husband can get a slight raise at work, but then going into higher tax brackets doesn't help. We have 4 kids and another on the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We don't directly benefit from any government payments (we don't qualify for any rebates either).

Do changes to the budget impacting on these payments affect me? Absolutely. If by removing these payments people can barely make ends meet, have to stop working or lose jobs, then hell yes it affects me. It affects me because it would distress me deeply. If my friends cannot continue to access disability services for their kids and those kids miss out we are all affected.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (13-05-2014),dancingchipmunk  (13-05-2014),FearlessLeader  (13-05-2014),peanutmonkey  (13-05-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-05-2014),TheGooch  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    We get FTB, CCR & CCB. We also got ppl and dad & partner pay. I am back at work part time as it was far from enough to survive on and dp isn't is a high paying job. All our commitments were based on 2 incomes. Although we are not dependent on the govt payments the small amount we do get does help

♥ him + me = you 17/9/13 ♥