+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Spin Off - Are you dependent on government support?

With lots of threads circulating about the proposed changes to FTB, I'm curious to know how many people genuinely depend on this money? Are you worried about the proposed changes? Will it greatly impact your family? What steps do you think you will take if the changes go ahead?

Currently we do not get FTB, however we utilize the child care benefit and rebate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't get FTB but I do claim CCR and did claim ppl. I could have survived without ppl but I would have had to adjust my plans (take less time off work). If CCR gets cut then hubby and I will find it tough but would hopefully cope by cutting back our days at work and tightening our budget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I dont depend on it, and I'm not overly fussed about the changes. I don't feel it will make a massive impact on us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    We don't get FTB and my children are not in day care, so we don't depend on anything from the government.

I do think it's awful that they want to take away these payments or reduce them. I have many friends who will be struggling if they follow through on this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would be fine with no FTB, but could not cope without CCR and CCB since I have 3 children in daycare to be able to work. Without CCR and CCB I wouldn't be able to work, and then I WOULD rely on FTB.
    If they were to cut CCR, CCB and FTB, we would have to sell our house because I couldn't work, and wouldn't be able to afford the mortgage payments on DH's wage alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At this point in time, my family isn't likely to be impacted by the proposed changes. I am entitled to some FTB, though am not reliant on it in any way, so we chose to claim it as a lump sum. I'm also a SAHM and don't make use of childcare so any changes to CCR/CCB will not impact on us either.

But, just because my family is not likely to be impacted, does not mean that I agree with any changes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We receive CCR and I'm also getting PPL at the moment.

We would have coped without PPL but it would have been very tight. If there is a change to CCR we will need to reconsider my return to work plans as it will be tough having two in care (three days a week). We would most likely reduce days rather than take them out all together.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I dont get FTB of any kind, or CCR etc ...

but I do get more than my fair share out of the pharmaceutical benefits scheme

One thing I want to say ...

Welfare is not a dirty word
    . Its not something people should be ashamed of. Its the government helping citizens who need it most.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I greatly rely on FTB, CCB and CCR. I am a single parent working full time of 1 school aged child.

If any of the payments I currently receive were reduced- I would be very close to having to pick up a 2nd job- unsure of what kind of job, as I said I currently work full time as it is and last time I checked, there's no daycare for a night shift job or a weekend job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, not personally. We only get CCR. Last year when I had two in day care, any cuts to CCR would have impacted a lot on our budget. But now we only have one in care we could wear it.
    Last edited by NoteToSelf; 13-05-2014 at 14:42.