+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant after EP

Hi ladies.

I hope this is in the right spot and doesn't upset.. I am pregnant (due Jan) after an ectopic pregnancy in Feb. I am wondering whether anyone else is/has been in the same boat? I'm in panic mode.. I'm excited but SO scared & not sure when I should visit my GP (who was hopeless with my EP) or whether I'll have extensive monitoring etc. Looking forward to hearing others experiences!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey, sorry to hear about your ectopic I had an ectopic and lost my left tube in 2008. I'm now just about to have my second babe

How far along are you? Both times I have gotten an ultrasound as early as possible - 4.5-5 weeks. This is too early to see whether the pregnancy is viable but it will be able to see that the embryo has implanted in the uterus where it should be! You could always wait a few more weeks where you will be able to see a heartbeat but for me having lost one tube I didn't want to risk waiting that long.

You won't need any monitoring etc further than that - either a pregnancy is ectopic or it's not. All the best hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your gp won't give you a referral for an early scan just go to someone else - the first go I saw last time had no idea about ectopics and refused to give me a referral as he simply didn't understand what I was saying. The next one gave me one no problems

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I had an EP in July '12 then fell again late last year. It didn't take, but it was a uterine pg, which was such a relief given the odds go up so much after one. I was terrified about another for almost 2 years.

I think all your emotions are completely normal. EP is really scary, and crushing since the baby can't survive. Hang in there. Have you had a scan to know the baby is in the uterus?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an ectopic back in 2007 and lost one of my tubes due to it. I am now due for my 2nd baby in 4 weeks!

For both babies I went and had ultrasounds at 6 weeks because the dr wanted to make sure they were in the right spot and not another ectopic. If your dr won't give u a referral I would be changing doctors as quick as possible!

Congrats on becoming pregnant. Having an EP is heart breaking unfortunately. But you will soon have ur little bundle of joy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also,

Once I got the all clear that bub was in the right spot the rest of the pregnancy was like any other when it came to monitoring. I didn't have to have any extra stuff done because of my previous EP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry to hear about your EP I've had two now, they're horrible.

Ask your GP for an early viability scan, I had mine as early as just over 5 weeks simply to make sure it was in the right place. I had one at 5w2d and then again 2 weeks later to check the HB. After that it was just like a "normal" pregnancy.

So I'd be asking for an early scan, preferably with an obstetric ultrasound place, as they know exactly what to look for and what areas to "poke" (horrible I know) because you're going to need an internal. If they try and say you don't need one, insist! Mine ruptured as early as 6 weeks and I was so lucky I was in hospital for monitoring as I had minutes to get into surgery. It blows my mind when drs don't take ectopics seriously!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Anjalee just wondering how you got on after your two eps? I'm currently going through my second ectopic and wondering how to move forward... Thanks, laurren.