+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Financial Depression

Feeling a bit depressed this morning. Got paid today and within a very short 30min, I have $20 left for petrol this week.

Argh, come on next Tueday! Oh, and I hope $20 is enough for the weeks worth of petrol.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Money just doesn't go very far anymore, does it? I had to buy my boys new socks and singlets yesterday, and I got some new undies for myself because I had not a pair without a hole somewhere... and bang- $80 later! For underwear for 3 people!

Are you able to walk or ride a bike places, or are you in an area that requires a car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hugs.
    We been there this pay too. We lots of unexpected things happen. Dd1 got super sick and had to fly home (bang 1.5k gone in a flash).
    It was my birthday yesterday and hubby god bless scrounged up enough coins to get me a block of chocolate so the kids had something to wrap and give me.

I hope it stretches for you.

Have you checked your flybys. I did last week and had enough to get $40 of groceries or petrol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy birthday for yesterday anewme!
    We pay out $1100 worth of bills this week, it sucks big time. I agree, money doesn't go far anymore.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post

Money just doesn't go very far anymore, does it? I had to buy my boys new socks and singlets yesterday, and I got some new undies for myself because I had not a pair without a hole somewhere... and bang- $80 later! For underwear for 3 people!

Are you able to walk or ride a bike places, or are you in an area that requires a car?
    It's the socks I find the killer. Buy the cheapie ones and they last 2 weeks before you have to buy more, buy the more exy ones and while they last- it costs a small fortune!

No, can't ride a bike. I work full time time. And the bus works out to be just as exy.

Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Hugs.
    We been there this pay too. We lots of unexpected things happen. Dd1 got super sick and had to fly home (bang 1.5k gone in a flash).
    It was my birthday yesterday and hubby god bless scrounged up enough coins to get me a block of chocolate so the kids had something to wrap and give me.

I hope it stretches for you.

Have you checked your flybys. I did last week and had enough to get $40 of groceries or petrol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Bugger- hope your DD is alright and it wasn't anything too serious.

Fly-bys- hadn't thought of that. I doubt it, as I haven't had the money to be buying up a storm lately but it's worth a check. Thanks.

Oh, and happy birthday for yesterday. I have that delimna in 2 weeks (or is it 1 week?), everyone expects me to do something big as it's my 30th but I just don't have the money! Maybe I'll do an IOU or something.

Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    Happy birthday for yesterday anewme!
    We pay out $1100 worth of bills this week, it sucks big time. I agree, money doesn't go far anymore.
    That sucks. I don't even get paid that much! I had my car rego due this week and once I paid daycare, an ambulance bill and rent it was all gone.

Never mind- hopefully we can stretch it out this week, pay off a few more bills next week and than things might start to look up a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I feel your pain.

I had to get some of my annual leave paid out into my pay this week because I have such big bills to take care of.

It's a financial juggling act every week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oops sorry, posted in wrong thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the same at the moment. Most of the time I can just stay afloat, but every so often I have a couple of weeks where things are looking really really dire. This time it's been like this for a few months, with no end in sight. It's really getting me down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are trying so hard at the moment to not spend unnecessarily as have loads of bills to pay.
    But of course thats always when the kids get sick, eczema cream,worming tablets & various other meds meant a $90 bill at the chemist yesterday.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    I feel your pain.

I had to get some of my annual leave paid out into my pay this week because I have such big bills to take care of.

It's a financial juggling act every week
    Wish we had this option. I have a review for the last 2 years (I think...I hope) coming up which usually means a bonus- I hope so. It would come in handy right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I'm the same at the moment. Most of the time I can just stay afloat, but every so often I have a couple of weeks where things are looking really really dire. This time it's been like this for a few months, with no end in sight. It's really getting me down.
    Yep- ditto to the every now and then, ditto to the this one's lasting a while and ditto to the it's getting me down.
    I must confess though- the couple of months before this I could have tightened my belt a bit more to make the last couple of months easier. Once I get back on track- I'll be making sure my belt stays tight until I have some savings to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    We are trying so hard at the moment to not spend unnecessarily as have loads of bills to pay.
    But of course thats always when the kids get sick, eczema cream,worming tablets & various other meds meant a $90 bill at the chemist yesterday.....
    Always the way. Things were tight before, than I go and have an accident which inevitiably means my medication doubles- which then, so does the cost, than DS school fees increase. Yep- all at once. Oh, and the major factor in my accident? Stress! If I don't laugh, I might cry!