+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF success with endometriosis?

Hi everyone,

I have just popped over to the 'graduates' thread to ask if anyone has endometriosis? I had mine removed via lap 8 months ago and my first IVF cycle failed. Starting again this week with a FET. My endo was on both ovaries, pouch of douglas, ureter, utero sacral ligaments.

Lap & dye - tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy - all good.
    No male factor infertility (just me).
    I am 30, so is DH.
    High AMH level.
    4 frozen blastocysts waiting for me.

How many cycles did it take?
    Did you discover any other issues along the way related to endo?

Thank you so much
    Last edited by Fiona2; 12-05-2014 at 16:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fiona,
    I have PCO and mild endo, so not to the extent of yours but I thought you might like to hear how things unfolded for me.
    1st stim-150iu gonal f OHSS so freeze 4 good embryos
    1st FET- natural cycle 5dt BFN
    2nd FET- natural cycle 4dt BFN
    3rd FET- medicated cycle 5dt BFN
    Change clinics and have 9 month break for mental health.
    2nd stim- new fs taught me so much and I learnt more in one appt than 2 years with my old fs. This stim was a down reg but I again over reacted to 100iu gonal f wih over 30 eggs, so fs cancelled cycle completely.
    3rd stim- 75iu gonal f down reg with synarel trigger. 10 eggs collected, only 2 viable for fertilisation. 2 fertilised and grown out to blast, fresh transfer of 2 and finally BFP!

The best advice I can give you:
    1) ask questions. You are paying doctor a lot of money. You deserve to be well informed.
    2) look after your physical and mental health. Sometimes when you want something so bad your body doesn't cooperate. Taking a break can help repair.
    3) my new fs had me on so many supplements. I'm not sure if they helped but he did get me pregnant.
    4) if your fs is not pulling his weight, do your research and find a fs with a high success rate. I ended up travelling by plane to see my second fs because I believed he could help. I would rather spend money on travel than keep seeing a doc who is doing the same thing for the same result.

Hope I haven't rambled and this helps you somewhat.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bluemarlin For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (14-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is very useful! I have just PM'd you a few Qs

Thank again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - I did see this thread is a little old now but thought I'd join as I too have severe endo. Several laparoscopys and two laparotomys to remove endo on ovaries, pouch of Douglas, portion of my bowel removed from it, plus I lost my right ovary last year due to an angry 15cm in diameter endo cyst.
    For me it was always going to be ivf, as I am in a same sex relationship - however it doesn't make it any easier!! We did ivf back in 2011 - 1 fresh ET and two FET's - all BFN. I was an emotional wreck from it all so we took a long break but are going for our second try in July. I'm nervous and excited all at once. How are you going? Any results yet? I get scared thinking I've had so much surgery etc am I kidding myself that I can actually get pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Ree888 Thanks for your response. I am 6 days out from my beta for this FET, although I dont have a good feeling about it. I am also seeing a Dr to get some blood results (in 2 weeks) for various immune issues just to cover everything.

So youre trying again next month? Same FS as before? What was your stim cycle like? I have a high AMH (too high kinda) so was on 112.5 Gonal F, 9 retrieved, 5 fertilised, 5 blasts, 1 transferred (BFN) then 1 FET (this cycle) so 3 left.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I have PCO and stage 3 endo and am currently 31 weeks pregnant after our first IVF cycle was a success. Wishing you all the very best x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kates34 Thats fantastic news, hope it's all going well. Thanks for your reply, its gives me hope, much appreciated. All the best!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Fiona2 it was so long ago I can't remember the dosages or what meds I had. I do remember that they got 11 eggs, 7 fertilized, 4 made it to day 3. I had two transferred and the other two were frozen. First ET came back as a low positive but I lost it a few days later. Other two FET's were BFN. It hurt a lot and working in the Childcare industry made things really rough so we decided to give it a break. The break was a long one due to more endo complications. So I'm nervous as to how I will respond this time around since now I'm an ovary down. We are using the same FS, but I am considering changing if it doesn't work out this time.

Wishing you all the best - I remember all those feelings so clearly still - which is why I'm a little apprehensive this time around. I'd love to hear all about your progress so please stay in touch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kates34 that is amazing! Thank you for sharing as it really helps hearing about other peoples success! I am wishing you all the best for the remainder of your pregnancy and birth of your precious bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ree888 yes for sure! Just tag me when you start (or before ) and we can chat away